Miami would be crazy not to take a post season ban
Posted: 08 November 2012 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2877
Joined  2011-02-04

It’s looking very likely they will finish the regular season with an 8-4 record and on a 4 game win streak. Playing FSU or Clemson in the ACCCG would mean certain doom and likely end up in the CFA bowl where they would also likely lose.

Taking the post season ban, Al Golden can spin Miami’s situation to recruits “the worse is behind us”, “no more bowl bans”. With an 8-4 record Miami ought to get some preseason hype and with the team he’s bringing back, Miami should be competing for an ACC Championship and win the Coastal outright.

Take your medicine now and benefit later on.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 08 November 2012 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5143
Joined  2008-10-29

I agree but they probably think they have a chance at the Orange Bowl and will be pressured to go for it.

In the end cooler heads prevail and I bet they self impose the ban.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 08 November 2012 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2011-08-16
SoPinesHeel - 08 November 2012 01:00 PM

I agree but they probably think they have a chance at the Orange Bowl and will be pressured to go for it.

In the end cooler heads prevail and I bet they self impose the ban.

I think they do too, however I feel as if they will do this after the ACC Championship game.

Posted: 08 November 2012 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5143
Joined  2008-10-29

Dont you think the ACC will force them to say before the game so in case they win they don’t have to decline the Orange Bowl? The contract is for the ACC champ.

I think they decide before the game. I am gonna laugh if Duke plays FSU in the game.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)