Did Auburn prematurly fire Tommy Tuberville?
Posted: 11 November 2012 12:07 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5944
Joined  2008-10-29

Apart from his Scam Newton year, Chizik is 18-18 at Auburn.  While at Auburn, Tuberville consistently contended for 1st or 2nd in the west, went to and won many bowls, and generally had good records….not great but good.  He was fired after one 5-7 season, first losing season since 1999.  Look what he is doing at TT now, was he fired to soon?  I say yes, he is laughing, Auburn is crying.

Signature 

2014 BCS Orange Bowl Champions
Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

“First team from the state of South Carolina to win a BCS bowl” - Dabo Swinney

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 11 November 2012 12:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  279
Joined  2009-04-27

Yes , they should have kept him.
I do not think he will be where he is long, he will be back in the SEC.

Posted: 11 November 2012 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3758
Joined  2008-10-29

Isn’t he like 90 years old now? Yes they did remove him prematurely…but he also was going through coordinators every year for like 7 straight years too. The fans and $$ boosters had grown very tired of his attitude and slippery ways…yeah I guess they might hire him back.

Signature 

How Bout Them Dawgs!!

Posted: 11 November 2012 09:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2009
Joined  2009-09-09

How would any coach really want to go to Auburn unless it was for the money only?.......Tubberville gets fires prematurely and Chizick will probably be fired just 2 years after winning the National Title…granted, Chizick has Cam Newton to artificially pad his numbers but still, Auburn is suffering from Alabama penis envy and is not thinking big picture….

The only type of guy that Auburn may get is a coordinator that has nothing to lose, a mid-major coach that is looking to the next level or an established coach that will have the type of contract that will cost Auburn dearly if the eject him early.

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 11 November 2012 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2022
Joined  2008-11-01

Auburn may be down for a long time looking at that division.

Posted: 11 November 2012 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5251
Joined  2008-11-01

Auburn has some really nut case administrators who want to jump in and make football decisions and have no idea what they are doing. Discussions now on Auburn boards are very entertaining, they want Gogue the prez and jacobs the AD fired even before they look for a coach. Some have mentioned bring Tuber back and others want Malzahn back.

Names like Fisher, Watson, Bob Stoops, Chad Morris, Gary Patterson, Chris Peterson have all been thrown around.

They call their administration the red neck mafia.

Signature 

I’m your Huckleberry

FSU has beaten the SEC champ at least 8 times, and we don’t even play in the SEC, lol:

FSU beat the 1987 SEC champs 34-6
FSU beat the 1988 SEC champs 13-7
FSU beat the 1989 SEC champs 22-14
FSU beat the 1993 SEC champs 33-21
FSU beat the 1994 SEC champs 23-17
FSU beat the 1996 SEC champs 24-21
FSU beat the 2000 SEC champs 30-7
FSU beat the 2013 SEC champs 34-31

Give it up for the SEC, a conference which almost beat FSU

Posted: 11 November 2012 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  150
Joined  2012-05-22

I was never up on all the internal drama that was playing out @ Auburn, but from what I understand the relationship between Auburn & Tuberville was long past reconciliation.

The problem Auburn has was hiring Chizik.  Chizik is a joke as a HC, & this is his natural level.  This is the Peter Principle in full effect.

Iowa State will never be better than middle-of-the-road, but they were actually on somewhat of an upswing when Chizik got there, & he promptly returned them to doormat status.  Somehow he managed to parlay that crap resume into a major coaching job, but after losing his star players & star coordinator, he’s quickly returning to his natural level.  & also, now that he’s gone, Iowa State is now actually improving again.

Signature 

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Losers practice until they get it right.  Winners practice until they can’t get it wrong.

Posted: 11 November 2012 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5251
Joined  2008-11-01

That is pretty much exactly right and the aubies say any one who hired chizik now has to be fired and that includes Gogue and Jacobs. Jacobs has been on the platform professing his unrivaled faith in the lord lately and started the all in campaign.

Auburn fans say they are “all out.”

This auburn board is pretty entertaining.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010

Signature 

I’m your Huckleberry

FSU has beaten the SEC champ at least 8 times, and we don’t even play in the SEC, lol:

FSU beat the 1987 SEC champs 34-6
FSU beat the 1988 SEC champs 13-7
FSU beat the 1989 SEC champs 22-14
FSU beat the 1993 SEC champs 33-21
FSU beat the 1994 SEC champs 23-17
FSU beat the 1996 SEC champs 24-21
FSU beat the 2000 SEC champs 30-7
FSU beat the 2013 SEC champs 34-31

Give it up for the SEC, a conference which almost beat FSU

Posted: 12 November 2012 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2009-05-11

Auburn has two undefeated seasons (2004 and 2010) in the past 8 years (no one else has that, no one) and consistent top 10 recruiting classes. I can pull out the Tigers record over the past 20 years if you would like….it will be comparable with almost anyone in the nation. Lets all recall just 5 years ago Bama was 6-6 and lost to La-Monroe. Things go in cycles, nothing is ever as bad or as good as people think with programs of this size. It has been an awful season for Auburn, no doubt. Embarrassing even. However, Auburn will have no trouble hiring a solid coach (they have plenty of money, facilities, fans and tradition) and getting things back on track. Get your shots in on Auburn now, much like Alabama, FSU and Florida…they will soon be back. You can bank on that.

BTW, No one connected to Auburn wants Tuberville back. Trust me on that as well.

Signature 

Jeremy Hillman
SEC Writer
http://www.southernpigskin.com
Twitter: @SECpigskin
Email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 12 November 2012 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5944
Joined  2008-10-29

So which is the better job?  Tennessee or Auburn?  Tennessee you won’t have to be compared to Alabama constantly, Dooley already did most of the hard word building the program, and you probably have an easier road to the SEC title game.  If it were me I’d be inclined to look at the Tennessee job before the Auburn job…...if I were a coach looking.

Signature 

2014 BCS Orange Bowl Champions
Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

“First team from the state of South Carolina to win a BCS bowl” - Dabo Swinney

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 12 November 2012 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2615
Joined  2008-10-30

Danny Kanell says, “Auburn gives dumpster fires all over the nation a bad name.”

LOL, the ESPN College Football Live/“SEC, SEC, SEC, ....” homers were shocked. 

Oh yeah, “yes” to the original question.

Signature 

2012 ACC Football Champions
2012 Orange Bowl Champions
2013 Florida state Champions
2013 ACC Football Champions
2013 NCAA National Champions

“This is our time, it ain’t their time!”
-Jimbo

Posted: 12 November 2012 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2009
Joined  2009-09-09

“Did Auburn prematurely fire Tommy Tuberville?”

Beats Me….............. (Ba-Da-Booommm)

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24