1 of 2
your NFL team?
Posted: 14 November 2012 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2009-05-11

Just curious with a mix of ACC, SoCon and SEC fans on these boards…do you guys cheer for an NFL team? If so, who?

GO TAMPA BAY BUCS!!!! : )

Signature 

Jeremy Hillman
SEC Writer
http://www.southernpigskin.com
Twitter: @SECpigskin
Email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 14 November 2012 06:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2011-08-16

Been a Saints fan all my life. I’ve always hated the Redskins and having family in South Louisiana, it was a no brainer.

Posted: 14 November 2012 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2009-05-11
HartwoodHokie - 14 November 2012 06:58 PM

Been a Saints fan all my life. I’ve always hated the Redskins and having family in South Louisiana, it was a no brainer.

Saints going to rally and make the playoffs? They seem awful dangerous to me all of a sudden. But they are in a hole, will be interesting to see how it plays out

Signature 

Jeremy Hillman
SEC Writer
http://www.southernpigskin.com
Twitter: @SECpigskin
Email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 14 November 2012 10:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3315
Joined  2008-10-29

I live in North Carolina, but am a Miami Dolphins fan. This is because of one man.. Dan Marino. I loved watching him play every chance I got. I still follow the Dolphins, and things haven’t been all that good in a while. I believe it’s headed in the right direction, though. Tannehill will end up being a good qb. They need some people he can throw the ball to.

Signature 

I’m quite lucky. I have a lovely wife, two great kids and an ever improving golf game.

Posted: 15 November 2012 12:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  150
Joined  2012-05-22

I went to Clemson, but I’m originally NY & have been a die-hard Giants fan my entire life.

Signature 

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Losers practice until they get it right.  Winners practice until they can’t get it wrong.

Posted: 15 November 2012 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5566
Joined  2008-10-28

I used to go to Latrobe, PA to watch the Steelers in camp as a kid.

I’m a lifelong Pittsburgh Steelers fan.

Signature 

“Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience.”

TB12, the most mis-understood poster on Southernpigskin.com

Posted: 15 November 2012 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5170
Joined  2008-10-29

Not much of an NFL fan outside of fantasy football. If you force me to have a team I guess it would be the Panthers because they are the local team. It used to be the Redskins before the Panthers so I guess either one of those due to tv in the Carolinas.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 15 November 2012 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1121
Joined  2012-05-08

Not one in particular, but i have a list. Broncos first, i always played as them on QB Club 98 on N64, then the Seahawks because i would always play as them on Techmo Bowl, Then Panthers (home team kinda),after that the Dolphins cause my moms a fan

Signature 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUkxIDlCAAMr7Vq.jpg

Posted: 15 November 2012 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  692
Joined  2012-06-16

I grew up in central NJ surrounded by equal parts Giants, Eagles, and Skins fans so of course I became a Cowboys fan because that’s the team I saw the most.  Plus, my older brother wouldn’t allow any dissent in the house so let’s just say I was “encouraged” to root for the Boys.  Pretty easy to be a fan of guys like Tony Dorsett, Randy White and TooTall Jones. I still change the channel everytime they show “The Catch”.  The last 15 years have been brutal and I don’t expect things to change until Al Davis 2.0 is dead and gone.  Sad.

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 15 November 2012 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  982
Joined  2012-05-17

I love NFL football and watch it all Sunday, but I don’t really have a team. I try pulling for one of the local teams but I really don’t like the Panthers (though Cam is fun to watch as he’s my fantasy QB) and I don’t like Matt Ryan either.  If Spiller ever gets out of dreadful Buffalo, I’ll probably start pulling for wherever he goes.

Gotta say though, one of my goals is to eventually make it to Raymond James and watch a game while sitting on the ship.  That would be awesome.

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 15 November 2012 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-08-16
tampabaytiger - 14 November 2012 08:06 PM
HartwoodHokie - 14 November 2012 06:58 PM

Saints going to rally and make the playoffs? They seem awful dangerous to me all of a sudden. But they are in a hole, will be interesting to see how it plays out

I feel like the Saints have dug too much of a hole for themselves to make the playoffs, but I believe that they could play spoiler for a lot of teams. Still a lot of pride on that team and there will be a lot of pieces in place for next year. Too bad couldn’t pull it off this year having the superbowl in New Orleans would be incredible.

Posted: 15 November 2012 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2619
Joined  2008-10-30

From a family of Atlanta Falcons, the football team we all agree on. How could someone hate Matt Ryan?

Signature 

2012 ACC Football Champions
2012 Orange Bowl Champions
2013 Florida state Champions
2013 ACC Football Champions
2013 NCAA National Champions

“This is our time, it ain’t their time!”
-Jimbo

Posted: 16 November 2012 12:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-08-16
93N99 - 15 November 2012 07:28 PM

From a family of Atlanta Falcons, the football team we all agree on. How could someone hate Matt Ryan?

As both a Saints fan and a Virginia Tech fan (Tech vs BC 2008) it’s very easy to.

Posted: 16 November 2012 02:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6422
Joined  2008-10-29

I only watch certain players for certain teams….no interest in pulling for a specific team.  Like Spiller in Buffalo….who would be a Buffalo fan?  However a Spiller fan…..easy.

Signature 

FIRE ROBBIE CALDWELL!!!!!!!

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 16 November 2012 07:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2010-08-15

Die hard Denver Broncos fan…...My earliest football memories, and what made me love the sport, where watching Elway’s early years in the mid 80s.

Posted: 16 November 2012 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3810
Joined  2008-10-29

Hines Ward made me a Steelers fan….well that and my mom was in love with Terry Bradshaw so I was made to wear a Pittsburg shirt when I was too young to know. Now that Hines has moved on I guess I’m liking what Stafford has been doing with Megatron in Detroit. I don’t really know…I guess it’s safe to say I like all of the NFL teams that have Dawgs on them.

Signature 

How Bout Them Dawgs!!

1 of 2