College basketball has started
Posted: 14 November 2012 10:59 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3297
Joined  2008-10-29

What do expect from your chosen team? I think UNC will take a few lumps, but will be hard to beat by season’s end. Marcus Paige is going to be a really good PG, but he’s got to grow into that role, and he will over the course of the season. This team will defend better than previous RW teams. I think McAdoo will bust out big time this year, also.

Signature 

I’m quite lucky. I have a lovely wife, two great kids and an ever improving golf game.

Posted: 15 November 2012 01:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4754
Joined  2008-10-29

I think the ACC is going to have a clear top 6 and bottom 6 this year. Miami will be the floater in the middle.

Carolina will lose some early games but will be in championship form by March. NCSU will be good no doubt but Gottfried had this same dynamic at Alabama and it all came crashing down.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 15 November 2012 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1088
Joined  2012-05-08

i wish i could get into watching basketball, but that would require watching basketball

Signature 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUkxIDlCAAMr7Vq.jpg

Posted: 15 November 2012 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Your loss not ours…

I always enjoy folks who make a post that has no other intention than to put someone else down. I always find them to be the best folks.

Also funny how fans of schools who aren’t good at basketball, knock basketball. Weird how that works…

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 15 November 2012 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1088
Joined  2012-05-08

I mean, i get the appeal of the sport, its fast, highscoring, being indoors makes the atmosphere a lot of fun….i will say i like actually going to a bball game….but as for watching it on TV…its kinda like watching tennis on tv. back and forth back and forth,

Signature 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUkxIDlCAAMr7Vq.jpg

Posted: 15 November 2012 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5420
Joined  2008-10-29
SoPinesHeel - 15 November 2012 11:24 AM

Also funny how fans of schools who aren’t good at basketball, knock basketball. Weird how that works…

Makes sense does it not?  I mean lets be honest, Clemson’s basketball program is not very good….or hasn’t been in the past.  You have to be good at something to draw the interest.  I’d watch it a lot more then I do if we actually put a good product on the court.  I haven’t looked at one single basketball news story out of Clemson yet this year, no idea how the team will be, or even what the schedule looks like….I’ll report back after Jan once bowl games are done.

Signature 

2014 BCS Orange Bowl Champions
Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

“First team from the state of South Carolina to win a BCS bowl” - Dabo Swinney

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 15 November 2012 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Yes it completely makes sense. That is why I posted it. There is no reason why Clemson can’t be better at basketball. When you have a fan base that seems to relish not being good at it, illustrated by GoTigers post, it is no surprise you aren’t however.

Signature 

- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 16 November 2012 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2012-06-16

Some of us Clemson fans like basketball.  I really only watch college ball with the exception of an occasional NBA playoff game, but I’ll watch almost anyone play.  Hell, I used to watch tennis before the grunting.  I’m very excited about the future of Clemson basketball even though I don’t think we’ll ever win the ACC again.  I think Brownell is one of the better coaches in the country.  This year could be a rough one with our only two upperclassmen being Jennings and Booker.
But let’s face it, Clemson ever winning the ACC again is as likely as UK winning the SEC football championship.  My only hope every season is to be good enough to make the tourney field and win a game or two.  If Clemson did have a coach who could recruit and coach well enough to win the ACC, he wouldn’t be there long.  Our good coaches seldom make it that far.  They hit the tobacco ceiling and move on to greener pastures.  Carolina fans saw this with Mack Brown and they’ll see it again with Fedora if he ends up doing well in CH.  It’s the culture of the school. 
Yes, Clemson can be ‘pretty darn good’.  I think the last decade proved that.  But in a league with celebrity coaches and prestige programs, Jimmys and Joes don’t beat future pros. 

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 18 November 2012 01:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Good post Slappy. I hope Brownell does well too! Barnes proved you can win at Clemson.

Signature 

- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 19 November 2012 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3715
Joined  2008-10-29

My Dawgs are giving them Hoosiers of Indiana a fit right now…

Signature 

How Bout Them Dawgs!!

Posted: 19 November 2012 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3297
Joined  2008-10-29

I see that! You guys may be cooking soon, LD3

Signature 

I’m quite lucky. I have a lovely wife, two great kids and an ever improving golf game.

Posted: 19 November 2012 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-06-16

I see NCSU’s bball team is as bi-polar as the football team.

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 19 November 2012 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  409
Joined  2012-02-17

I was pretty depressed we lost to South Alabama on the same night we raised the ACC championship banner. That about sums about FSU basketball. But I was proud of the team over the weekend. Beat BYU and St. Joe’s in Brooklyn. I believe it’s the first time we have won consecutive road games over top 50 teams in the modern era or something like that which is crazy.

Signature 

The artist formerly known as 4thNNole

Posted: 19 November 2012 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-06-16

You guys (Noles) have some monsters on that team.  That Ojo guy is ridiculous.

Signature