Miami Self-Imposes Bowl Ban
Posted: 19 November 2012 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  480
Joined  2011-04-22

Announced this morning. Florida State vs. Georgia Tech is the ACC Championship Game. Jackets, presuming losses to UGA and FSU, would need an NCAA waiver to go to a bowl game at 6-7.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 19 November 2012 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5555
Joined  2008-10-29

Smart move by Miami.

Signature 

2014 BCS Orange Bowl Champions
Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

“First team from the state of South Carolina to win a BCS bowl” - Dabo Swinney

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 19 November 2012 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  499
Joined  2009-07-04

Why do you say that??

UNC has a documented record of MAJOR violations well beyond anything Miami has done and basically got a slap on the wrist. The NCAA is as corrupt as any entity in the country and to beg them to be lenient is a waste of time.

Unless I got assurances UP-FRONT, I would not do anything.

Posted: 19 November 2012 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3299
Joined  2008-10-29

I’m not too sure the NCAA will survive the evolution of college sports by the time it’s all over. That said, right now Miami is doing what they have to do. As for UNC… think again, it’s all about the money. The NCAA doesn’t care if players graduate stupid. The are of it is keeping them eligible. Miami has a lot more money involved, also some law breaking that went unreported. Miami’s stuff went all the way to Shalala. I know UNC has messed up, or rather some players have messed up, but this guy with Miami was omnipresent, and giving away stuff all the time for YEARS to players. Also, consider Miami’s past. The NCAA will.

Signature 

I’m quite lucky. I have a lovely wife, two great kids and an ever improving golf game.

Posted: 19 November 2012 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  499
Joined  2009-07-04

I understand your comments/points to a degree but keep in mind the issues at UNC go WAY back as well. There was also institutional “lack of control”. My point is (not to bring up UNC’s issues) the NCAA is a joke of an organization looking out for athletes/schools. They are devious, unbalanced in their “rulings” and should not be allowed to have the level of power they do.

They do not do a thorough job of vetting all the issues or potential issues and should be exposed for what they are…. posers with an agenda.

Posted: 19 November 2012 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2008-11-09

http://www.southernpigskin.com/ACC/view/miami-self-imposes-postseason-ban

Signature 

“Southern football is why my grandmother spent fall Saturday’s in orange capris, blue reebok classics and alligator jewelry and had a football card of Danny Wuerffel taped to her dresser. It’s the same reason why my mom can’t watch the fourth quarter, my dad won’t watch the first quarter and my uncle and his two sons have walked around Valdosta, Georgia with a little more pep in their step since December 7th, 2002.”

—B.J. Bennett, Down Here I

Posted: 19 November 2012 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4897
Joined  2008-10-29

Wise move on their part. Carolina should have done the same last year. Nobody needs a trip to Shreveport.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

‹‹ #4 FU at #10 FSU     Clemson-Carolina ››