SET
TROLL!!!!

Signature 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUkxIDlCAAMr7Vq.jpg

Posted: 19 November 2012 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  625
Joined  2010-09-06

Should be a great game. I’ll be in section Q. It will come down to your O versus our D. Could come down to last possession.

Signature 

“you are what your record says you are” Bill Parcells

Posted: 19 November 2012 12:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  966
Joined  2012-05-17

Key to the game, Clemson kicking the ball out of the endzone on kickoffs.

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 19 November 2012 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1105
Joined  2012-05-08

gosh you aint lying, ncsu really exposed out coverage team

Signature 

Posted: 20 November 2012 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  675
Joined  2012-06-16

Have to bump the thread with something.

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 20 November 2012 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2037
Joined  2009-09-09

I will say one thing…..I have been reading the messages on “CockyTalk” and most of them are pretty worried about this game.  The typical trashing changed this week…......

One USC poster summed it up best when another poster asked “What is the difference since last year”.........He answered it very impressively by saying this:

In Clemson’s final 3 games of 2011 leading up to the USC game, the Tigers scored 31,13,13 points…..the last three games of 2012, Clemson’s final 3 games leading up to the finale had Clemson scoring 56,45,62 points and that is a heck of a difference….....

I could not have said it better myself.  Our defense doesn’t need to play great to win….just okay.  USC’s offense has to play pretty much flawless and hope our offense is having a bad day.

Signature 

“If I get Manziel disease, I want every one of you all to get your mikes and start slapping me on the head”

Jameis Winston: 2013

Posted: 20 November 2012 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2279
Joined  2009-01-07

This year is interesting. It doesn’t seem like either fanbase is feeling secure with this one, which means it should be a good game. As a Clemson fan, I’m worried about whether we can block well enough and concerned about the defense in general. I don’t like how we match up against USC’s offense.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 20 November 2012 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-05-08

im not quite so worried about blocking. i know their d-line is redic, but our o-line has been good enough to give boyd the 2 seconds he needs. im really more worried about shaw picking apart our secondary, or his backup coming in, that kid can hurl the deep ball.

Signature 

Posted: 20 November 2012 12:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07
GoTigers712 - 20 November 2012 11:57 AM

im not quite so worried about blocking. i know their d-line is redic, but our o-line has been good enough to give boyd the 2 seconds he needs. im really more worried about shaw picking apart our secondary, or his backup coming in, that kid can hurl the deep ball.

I agree about our secondary. We have to try to contain him so he doesn’t kill us running, but that gives him time to pick us apart in the secondary.

Signature 

Posted: 20 November 2012 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  625
Joined  2010-09-06

I think Clemson has more questions than we do. The only top 25 team you’ve played is FSU and you lost to them. And who has FSU beaten? FSU would give you an idea of the speed and power you will be facing. I think we will play defense like the UT second half - nickle most of the time.

Our questions are Shaw and Clowney. How healthy will they be? How will Shaw play? He hasn’t done that well on the road. How much pressure can we put on Boyd? Will we utilize our great tight ends against Clemson’s questionable secondary?

The wild card is Ace Sanders returning punts and kick offs. If he gets daylight look out.

Signature 

“you are what your record says you are” Bill Parcells

Posted: 20 November 2012 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6095
Joined  2008-10-29

Considering how bad they have played on the road this year and how banged up they are, not to mention we have no early Dec championship game to look ahead of this year….give me the tigers.  We should expose their corners in this game.  I can’t see us rushing the ball well.  The hurry up offense will be a BIG factor as the lamecocks are poorly conditioned…...heck Clowney hasn’t even practiced in a few weeks.

I don’t think the matchup will be our O and their D, the matchup to watch is our D vs their O.  If we can stop them a few times we win easy IMO.  Fully confident in our O.  It’s so much more fluid then last year and Boyd is on his game.  Our D is the question.  And special teams not kicking to Ace.

Signature 

FIRE CHAD MORRIS, SHOTGUN EXTRAORDINAIRE!!!!!!!!!!  At least fire SOMEBODY!!

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 20 November 2012 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-07

I agree that the biggest concern is our D. The point about not kicking to Ace is a good one. In a close game, he could make a difference if we’re not careful.

Signature 

Posted: 20 November 2012 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  966
Joined  2012-05-17
Clemtgrs - 20 November 2012 01:20 PM

Considering how bad they have played on the road this year and how banged up they are, not to mention we have no early Dec championship game to look ahead of this year….give me the tigers.  We should expose their corners in this game.  I can’t see us rushing the ball well.  The hurry up offense will be a BIG factor as the lamecocks are poorly conditioned…...heck Clowney hasn’t even practiced in a few weeks.

I don’t think the matchup will be our O and their D, the matchup to watch is our D vs their O.  If we can stop them a few times we win easy IMO.  Fully confident in our O.  It’s so much more fluid then last year and Boyd is on his game.  Our D is the question.  And special teams not kicking to anyone with 2 legs.

Fixed it for you.

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 20 November 2012 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3299
Joined  2008-10-29

This is shaping up as the classic offense vs defense type game. Which unit will assert their gameplan? At this point I must say I’d like to see Clemson win. I’ve never been to Columbia, but plan on attending next year’s game. I went to Clemson last year, and everyone I met was first class. For that reason I’d like to see Clemson win.

Signature 

I’m quite lucky. I have a lovely wife, two great kids and an ever improving golf game.

Posted: 20 November 2012 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-05-08

youll feel even stronger about wanting clemson to win after you visit the dead cock roach next year. good luck to the heels

Signature 

Posted: 20 November 2012 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  150
Joined  2012-05-22

I think this will be very similar to the FSU game for us.  Our offense will get its points, but the key will be whether SCAR’s D slow them down just enough like FSU did.  If SCAR’s D holds us for a few series, & they have the potential to do so, their offense has the potential to go off on us like FSU did.  Hell, how many times do you score 37 points & still lose?

SCAR is strong where we are weak.  They run well enough, even w/o Lattimore (remember, they beat us w/o him last year) that it will force us to respect the run, & we typically get burned when we over-commit to play-action.  It gets worse when you have a QB like Shaw who can buy time for his receivers to get open…or worse, tuck it & run.  Then, much like the FSU game, one or 2 big returns, & it backs the D against the wall.  It all depends on how well our D & STs maintain their assignments, & how well they respond when SCAR hits them in the mouth.

Signature 

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Losers practice until they get it right.  Winners practice until they can’t get it wrong.

1 of 2