Joined  2012-05-08

What the heck is happening?

Signature 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUkxIDlCAAMr7Vq.jpg

Posted: 19 November 2012 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  908
Joined  2012-05-17

I had heard previous mentions of Daniel taking visits to other schools as well as him whining a little bit.  Dabo solved that pretty quickly and he’s making a point to find kids that want to play at Clemson. I’m really just crossing my fingers and hoping we get big Mon.  He’s a beast and I think he might be better than Nkemdiche.

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 19 November 2012 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4886
Joined  2008-10-29

I am sorry for being ignorant but what IS happening? I know about NKEMDICHE but I think he may be more trouble than he is worth. Are others wavering?

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 19 November 2012 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  908
Joined  2012-05-17
SoPinesHeel - 19 November 2012 05:30 PM

I am sorry for being ignorant but what IS happening? I know about NKEMDICHE but I think he may be more trouble than he is worth. Are others wavering?

No, but Clemson just pulled a scholarship offer from Elijah Daniel, the other talented DE commit we had out of Indiania.  He was taking visits to other schools and didn’t tell the coaches about it.  At least Nkemdiche and Kamara told the coaches and then decommited.  This kid was trying to shop around while still being commited. The same thing happened to Isac McDonald before the season started when Dabo pulled his offer after he made some visits.

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 19 November 2012 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  498
Joined  2009-07-04

When you go after elite, big-time players and draw a line in the sand as Dabo does, you’re going to have some attrition. While Daniels is an outstanding player, we are OK in numbers/talent at DT. DE is a whole different story. we are WEAK and THIN at this position and it needs to be shored up quickly, along with CB’s. I would like another OL as well.

I’m not as sold on Dabo as most but the guy is an amazing recruiter so of all things, I am optimistic this hurts but is not a death blow by any means. We will likely not have a top ten class but clearly a top twenty.

Posted: 20 November 2012 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1090
Joined  2012-05-08

my only conern with o-line is depth, that might change after the carolina game though.

Signature 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUkxIDlCAAMr7Vq.jpg