1 of 2
Georgia Tech seeking Big 10 spot
Posted: 19 November 2012 11:21 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5395
Joined  2008-11-01

#Rutgers is getting the most play (along with Maryland) but multiple sources maintain #GeorgiaTech is also vying for a Big 10 spot.

Jeff Ermann@insidemdsports

When it rains it pours, lets finish the job.

Signature 

EMBRACE THE HATE

FSU has beaten the SEC champ at least 8 times, and we don’t even play in the SEC, lol:

FSU beat the 1987 SEC champs 34-6
FSU beat the 1988 SEC champs 13-7
FSU beat the 1989 SEC champs 22-14
FSU beat the 1993 SEC champs 33-21
FSU beat the 1994 SEC champs 23-17
FSU beat the 1996 SEC champs 24-21
FSU beat the 2000 SEC champs 30-7
FSU beat the 2013 SEC champs 34-31

Give it up for the SEC, a conference which almost beat

Posted: 20 November 2012 12:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-01

We have questions for FSU president Eric Barron.

Signature 

EMBRACE THE HATE

FSU has beaten the SEC champ at least 8 times, and we don’t even play in the SEC, lol:

Posted: 20 November 2012 08:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5096
Joined  2008-10-29

Do you realize that pining for the destruction of the ACC is going to hurt FSU? How short sighted can you be? It kills me that all this crap began with your school and its inability to get its act straight. Are yall are so stupid to see that it is going to crush FSU if it happens? You will get what you deserve I guess.

By your own admission FSU aint getting into the SEC and of course will not be in the big 10. Obviously the PAC 12 is not an option which will leave FSU stuck in the Big 12 which will be the little guy on the block filled with leftovers others didn’t want. Meanwhile your conference rivals like Carolina, VT and GT and even stinking MARYLAND will be in the Big 10 and the SEC who are obviously the two bullies on the block.

Seminole your shortsightedness is only topped by your nonsensical gifs.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 20 November 2012 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-01

Please conduct yourself according when referring to the kings of college football. We need to put down this peasant revolt right now.

Kings
* Alabama, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Tennessee, Texas and USC.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/stewart_mandel/07/11/kings-barons-knights-peasants-mailbag/index.html#ixzz2CnPaa9ED

Signature 

EMBRACE THE HATE

Posted: 20 November 2012 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  968
Joined  2012-05-17

Yet the clown was invited to a new conference, not the self proclaimed king.  How many offers are laying on FSU’s desk?  Thanks for playing.

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 20 November 2012 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-01

We don’t really know yet Baron is pretty tight lipped.

Signature 

EMBRACE THE HATE

Posted: 20 November 2012 11:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2009-02-15

Tech ain’t going anywhere unless other dominoes fall, IMHO.  There is mutual interest but the man pushing the Big 10 the most in Atlanta, now works in Clemson.

Signature 

17 28 52 90

Posted: 21 November 2012 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Good…I am glad to hear that from a GT fan because nothing surprises me anymore.

I get it that others want to make more money. Call me crazy but I like tradition, geography and regionality. It is what made College Football great. We are losing it and are going to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. Spare me those traditional Maryland Iowa games.

Why people can’t realize that is beyond me.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 21 November 2012 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-01

This conference could have been O.K. but it has an idiot running it who sold it out. The participants should have listened to FSU years ago when the idea was broached to get rid of Swofford. I am afraid it is collapse city at this point.

Signature 

EMBRACE THE HATE

Posted: 21 November 2012 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Swofford was the pioneer of all of this with VT, Miami and BC addition yet you are saying he didnt have enough vision. It was AGAINST the wishes of Carolina and Duke and FSU led the charge to do it.

You are complaining about him for doing what you are praising everyone else for doing, and what you wanted. You contradict yourself and I am not sure you realize it.

Signature 

- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 22 November 2012 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  300
Joined  2012-06-19
SoPinesHeel - 21 November 2012 01:13 PM

Swofford was the pioneer of all of this with VT, Miami and BC addition yet you are saying he didnt have enough vision. It was AGAINST the wishes of Carolina and Duke and FSU led the charge to do it.

You are complaining about him for doing what you are praising everyone else for doing, and what you wanted. You contradict yourself and I am not sure you realize it.

I don’t think it was his problem, either.  The main problem has been WINNING.  When was the last time the ACC won a BCS game against any traditional powerhouse?  It has been a long time.

Wake was outclassed in their BCS game    

BUT….

VT vs.  Kansas, Michigan, Stanford, Auburn

Clemson vs. WVU

GT vs Iowa (Iowa’s defense was great but that was still a winnable game)

I don’t really read much about CFB biz and what Swofford is or was doing… but the bottom line is that the winning hasn’t been there.

Posted: 22 November 2012 09:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Amen…but many on message boards want a scapegoat and make up things anyhow. It is easy to point the finger especially when you only have yourself to blame.

Signature 

- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 22 November 2012 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  496
Joined  2011-04-22

Agreed. FSU and Miami both saw their era of dominance end right when the league expanded. VT has been consistent, but 1-4 in BCS bowls (and a bad loss to Georgia) has hurt. Obviously the league has some inherent disadvantages with 5 or 6 very strong academic schools, for whom many basketball is No. 1, but that’s no excuse for what FSU/Miami/VT/Clemson haven’t done.

It’s not Swofford. The league can be a Top 3 conference if its big boys live up to potential. The talent down the east coast from D.C. to Miami has never been better. Parity sometimes is good, but is has hurt the ACC. The league would be much better off with 5 teams going 9-3 and 3 teams going 3-9 or 2-10 than what we have now.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 22 November 2012 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

I totally think the ACC is strategically positioned fine and might even be stronger with a Lousiville replacing Maryland but until someone lives up to it, UNC included, it will be an easy target.

If you had told me that the ACC would have a 3.6 billion dollar deal to put every game on tv 5 years ago, I think everyone would have been happy. Yet no one is because they think the grass is greener next door. 5 years from now I think Maryland will still be broke, and have no rivalries left.

Just like a lottery winner or pro athlete who cant handle money, you cant fix stupid and they only have their selfs to blame for their problems.

We also know that money buys happiness. It was one of the earliest lessons I learned. For Sure.

Signature 

- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 22 November 2012 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6105
Joined  2008-10-29
MattSmith - 22 November 2012 09:23 AM

Agreed. FSU and Miami both saw their era of dominance end right when the league expanded. VT has been consistent, but 1-4 in BCS bowls (and a bad loss to Georgia) has hurt. Obviously the league has some inherent disadvantages with 5 or 6 very strong academic schools, for whom many basketball is No. 1, but that’s no excuse for what FSU/Miami/VT/Clemson haven’t done.

It’s not Swofford. The league can be a Top 3 conference if its big boys live up to potential. The talent down the east coast from D.C. to Miami has never been better. Parity sometimes is good, but is has hurt the ACC. The league would be much better off with 5 teams going 9-3 and 3 teams going 3-9 or 2-10 than what we have now.

And how exactly do the “big boys” break through that media built wall of SEC teams in the polls when we’ve played just as good if not better then?  What about teams ahead of us with more losses?  How do you break that?  FSU and Clemson are 10 win one loss teams heading into the final week of the regular season…..what else can we do?  Seriously.  How much more can we do.  We have no control over how crappy the rest of the teams do….

Signature 

FIRE CHAD MORRIS, SHOTGUN EXTRAORDINAIRE!!!!!!!!!!  At least fire SOMEBODY!!

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 22 November 2012 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

I agree with you to some extent about bias but the issue is not what the other teams have done…it is that every time YOU have shown up on the national stage previously, you have choked. Same for FSU until recent. Miami, VT, UNC, NCSU pretty much anyone. THAT is the problem. Win the orange bowl last year instead of getting blown off the map and perception is different. You can blame the ACC all day but that is a scapegoat and you know it.

Signature 

- Airplane! (1980)

1 of 2