TV question for the people in the know
Posted: 22 November 2012 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2649
Joined  2011-02-04

When NBC airs a Notre Dame game, does not the other team also get a piece of that NBC money? Similarly, when Notre Dame goes onto the road, don’t they also get a piece of the ESPN money or whomever is broadcasting that game?

If this is right, how is the money split?

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 24 November 2012 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4758
Joined  2008-10-29

I dont think so but I am not someone in the know about tv of course. I think Notre Dame pays a school for coming to play but they keep the TV money and you get the exposure for playing.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 24 November 2012 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1873
Joined  2009-09-09

I cannot imagine both schools not getting a piece of the action regardless of what network a game is being played on.

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 24 November 2012 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2012-06-16

I pulled this from a news article on ND/ACC deal.  I’m not sure how their other games work.  I’m sure they pay teams like Navy to play, but I think they keep all their TV money.

The five football games between Notre Dame and ACC schools will rotate year-by-year – three at ACC sites and two at Notre Dame one season, and then three at Notre Dame and two at ACC sites the next. Games broadcast at ACC sites will fall under the conference’s TV contract, and Notre Dame will own the rights for its home games.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/09/12/2336452/swofford-welcomes-fighting-irish.html#storylink=cpy

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 24 November 2012 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2649
Joined  2011-02-04

Ok that clear things up.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”