Wake Forest, please fall on your sword
Posted: 23 November 2012 08:48 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2762
Joined  2011-02-04

Look, it’s been a good run, you’ve had 60 wonderful years with the ACC, but the landscape has changed. The ACC is at a critical juncture in it’s history where money buys your loyalty. You have to know that you are the least valuable school, probably the least valuable in all the current BCS conferences.

The Big 12, SEC and B1G Ten have been sniffing around and none are interested in you. If these other conferences take another school, all hell will break lose and the ACC as you know it will be finished. What we would like for you to do is take one for the team, fall on your sword for the ACC.

Without your mouth to feed, the ACC can get back down to a very workable 12 team football. Without your inclusion, the ACC may have less inventory, but the game quality will go up without your presence.

The ACC will have had to divide $240m a year with 14 members which comes out to $17.1m per member, with 12 each member will get $20m and this number is without the inclusion of Notre Dame and with what they will bring.

Without your presence, each member will receive a bigger slice of the money from the bowls.

Without your presence, game attendance across the conference will spike. Sorry, but alumni from FSU and else where are not driving 4 or more hours from their homes to watch another 52-0 beat down. Sorry, but your 30,000 seat capacity stadium is a financial loss to Clemson, FSU and others.

With your willing your cooperation, I will throw you a life raft. You get to stay in the ACC in all other sports except football. If you go to FBS Indy, we’ll guarantee you a home and home with Duke and another member every year and away games against 2 other ACC members.

When Notre Dame joins as a full member, we’ll take you back as a full member. When this stinking contract with ESPN ends, we’ll likely take you back as a full member.

If you make a big stink over your ousting, we’ll cut you out completely. We don’t need you, but you desperately need us.

Sincerely,
                                              Everybody

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 24 November 2012 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5015
Joined  2008-10-29

Why Wake? How bout BC?

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 24 November 2012 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1971
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 24 November 2012 08:50 AM

Why Wake? How bout BC?

Amen Brother!  BC offers NOTHING to the ACC

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 24 November 2012 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5015
Joined  2008-10-29

Yeah I respect the school but they just are not a fit culturally. At least Wake is as a southern school who makes geographic sense…

I do think the new realignment stuff is pretty much centered on State U and Wake does not have that advantage so I see the point here. There is no doubt that the ACC has the most small private institutions of all the 5 and that puts it at a disadvantage.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 24 November 2012 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2762
Joined  2011-02-04

Wakes presence does not entice Notre Dame. As small a fan base BC has, it still has more than Wake.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”