1 of 2
CBS writer says SEC is a fraud ............... who knew?
Posted: 24 November 2012 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5622
Joined  2008-11-01

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/21081960/collegefootball/rankings/bcs

Signature 

EMBRACE THE HATE

FSU has beaten the SEC champ at least 8 times, and we don’t even play in the SEC, lol:

FSU beat the 1987 SEC champs 34-6
FSU beat the 1988 SEC champs 13-7
FSU beat the 1989 SEC champs 22-14
FSU beat the 1993 SEC champs 33-21
FSU beat the 1994 SEC champs 23-17
FSU beat the 1996 SEC champs 24-21
FSU beat the 2000 SEC champs 30-7
FSU beat the 2013 SEC champs 34-31

Give it up for the SEC, a conference which almost beat

Posted: 24 November 2012 08:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5141
Joined  2008-10-29

I posted this on another thread in response to Harrey Carey. From an Ole Miss dude no less.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 24 November 2012 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  300
Joined  2012-06-19

It’s an unstoppable circle jerk.

Posted: 24 November 2012 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  182
Joined  2009-08-04

Guys…knock it off.  Look at the FSU/UF game.  The SEC is tops.  All of you who disagree are jealous and have too much time on your hands.  The bottom line to SEC success….it is the coaching.  I have noticed that when SEC teams play…especially out of conference, they play to win (take chances, trust their players to execute plays).  SEC is > all the others.  Bottom line.  And they deserve to be.  Those boys can play some football.

Posted: 25 November 2012 12:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  279
Joined  2009-04-27

I did not bother to read the CBS story.
4-0 today , SEC wins !
I guess the #6 (? ) SEC team beat your #2 team without the 1st string QB and w/o Lattimore . Messy but a win.
UGA, Florida, Vanderbilt, and The University of South Carolina (1801) all beat the ACC opponents.
All you had before is all you have now, BS and a bunch of excuses.
And your cupcake team, Merry-Land is leaving.
Maybe next year.

Posted: 25 November 2012 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Classy as always Harry… what we would expect from Alabama though.

Why do you put a date next to South Carolina?

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 25 November 2012 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3804
Joined  2008-10-29
SoPinesHeel - 25 November 2012 08:09 AM

Why do you put a date next to South Carolina?

The University of South Carolina was chartered in 1801.

Signature 

How Bout Them Dawgs!!

Posted: 25 November 2012 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

I understand but I am asking why he does that for South Carolina and not every school. What point is he trying to make. That it is older than Southern Cal? Just wondering why.

Signature 

- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 25 November 2012 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3804
Joined  2008-10-29

I can only guess that is the reason. Who knows what is going on in Harry’s mind.

Signature 

How Bout Them Dawgs!!

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5622
Joined  2008-11-01

I heard he needs his wrist tightened, might be a rumor though.

Signature 

EMBRACE THE HATE

FSU has beaten the SEC champ at least 8 times, and we don’t even play in the SEC, lol:

FSU beat the 1987 SEC champs 34-6
FSU beat the 1988 SEC champs 13-7
FSU beat the 1989 SEC champs 22-14
FSU beat the 1993 SEC champs 33-21
FSU beat the 1994 SEC champs 23-17
FSU beat the 1996 SEC champs 24-21
FSU beat the 2000 SEC champs 30-7
FSU beat the 2013 SEC champs 34-31

Give it up for the SEC, a conference which almost beat

Posted: 25 November 2012 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-04-27

I sometimes forget how young most of you are.
I travelled a great deal ,years ago ,and as I crossed the South Carolina State Line I would say this…
“First gallant South Carolina noble made the stand, then came Alabama to take her by the hand.
Next quickly Mississippi, Georgia and Florida , all hoist on high the Bonnie Blue Flag which bears a single star.”
This is why SC should be in the SEC.
I am surprised you who think you know something do not recognise the” USC 1801.”
As you drive past Maxey Gregg park toward the University you will see the USC sign and that is what it says.
Perhaps as you drive down Wade Hampton Blvd you might wonder who these guys were?
It has been more than 20 years since I was there .
Some here call USC 1801 , “JR”, and their team’s school was founded in 1889 .
I do not expect you will understand this , but a “Tarheel” should !

Posted: 26 November 2012 09:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

No need for the history lesson. I can spout history all day with you Harry.

I am sure your black players at Alabama really agree with you about the nobility of the South and the confederate cause. You should bring that up at the next pep rally.

I understand completely what 1801 is. I asked why you were putting it in your post. South Carolina does not have a linear history though as the school has closed and been reorganized several times so that date is somewhat meaningless. That school in 1801 is not the same school as the one that exists now. It is a major reason the school has lagged its agricultural brother for most of its history.

I also wanted to make sure you weren’t trying to indicate that somehow South Carolina was the first public school in the nation as it most certainly was not. UGA was chartered first, but did not operate until much later while the University of North Carolina holds the distinction of being the nations oldest public institution of higher education and has a completely linear history with only a 2 year break during Reconstruction.

Sometimes I forget how old you are. I do not expect you to understand this, but as a TAR HEEL I do.

Signature 

- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 26 November 2012 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-04-27

There were 90,000 blacks in the Confederate army.
There were 200,000 in the Invader’s army and they were paid regularly.
I grew up in a small town where people could walk to the courthouse and look up their ancestor’s record where Black’s were proud that their ancestors defended the land they worked so hard on.
Some few in this country know our history.
Some of us do not like that helmet that says “irish” as 25% of the invaders’s army were irish fresh off the boat. Are there Any irish on that team ?
I think all of the top 5 SEC teams would beat ND.
Lest we forget .

Posted: 26 November 2012 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

WTF? Are you serious? I will discuss the civil war all day and it is obvious you have no earthly clue what you are talking about.

Jesus, I knew schools in Alabama were bad but this takes the cake. I am sure the slaves just loved working for their benevolent masters too. Just think Fletch 2 where Fletch inherits the plantation. Stupid.

I love it when stereotypes illustrate themselves though so keep talking.

What do you think of the backgrounds of McCarron or McElroy? Bet there might be a little Irish in there.
You are nuts.

Signature 

- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 27 November 2012 12:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-04-27

I do not believe you.
Those you mention do not have “Irish” on their helmets. Context !
I get a laugh the few times I have watched a ND game that Blacks and Polish players have Irish on their helmets.
I have taught Black History , too bad you guys were not my students as you colander heads might have learned something.
I was a volunteer teacher in an adult correction facility teaching Black History to Blacks mostly.
I think you know nothing of football or history.
You are rather assuming as well in your misguided conclusions.
And your team stinks as does your conference.
Good luck in your bowl game. Oh, that’s right ,cheaters never prosper.
This is too much fun having lowered myself to your level, however , my team hopefully won’t lower themselves to the pitiful level of performance that your team enjoys.

Posted: 27 November 2012 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Ahhh….an Alabama fan talking about cheating? BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Tell us more about the purchasing of Albert Means from his high school coach since you are such a slavery expert. How bout the murder of the booster who did it? And that is just an example of where you got caught. How many thousands of cash payments have occurred and still do that never get caught?

But yeah Cheaters never prosper. Yet somehow your school claims 48,000 championships.
I know nothing. That is for sure alright.

LOL…

You are right that Carolina is not anywhere in the same league of cheating as Alabama.

Signature 

- Airplane! (1980)

1 of 2