Pitt and Cuse
Posted: 24 November 2012 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2883
Joined  2011-02-04

PITTSBURGH

I’ve been pretty impressed this season with the way Paul Chryst has handled his business. They opened up the season with a horrible loss to Youngstown State, then lose badly to Cincy, but then turn around and dominate VT. Since then the season has been up and down, but what more can you expect from a team who has had 4 coaches in 3 years?

I believe Paul Chryst coaching style fits Pitt like a glove. It’s boring B1G Ten football, but it also yields the most consistency and fits the players in PA. I see them still transitioning next year, but they ought to be a player in the ACC Coastal division for years to come.

SYRACUSE

I was never totally disappointed to have them in the ACC over WVU. I think people still wrongly view them as the sucky team under Greg Robinson where they were on par with Duke for a few years. Doug Marrone has done a fantastic job turning them around, but the building process is still continuing.

One thing about Cuse is that they have a fast, exciting offense. The Carrier Dome is one of the most unique places to play and it helps with that perception not being exposed to the wind and snow of that area and playing on carpet. I think such a playing surface will help teams built for speed like FSU, Clemson and others when we go up there to play.

Syracuse will lose a lot of players on offense after this year. I’m not expecting them to make much noise in the ACC right off, but they ought to beat BC and be on par with Wake, Duke, UMd. Eventually they will pass up these schools and get the lions share of the talent in the NE. They’ll reap the benefits of ACC membership and establish themselves as the clear #3 or #4 team in the Atlantic division in just a few more years.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 24 November 2012 10:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5170
Joined  2008-10-29

I hope you are right.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)