1 of 2
Final Thoughts on Your Teams Week: 13
Posted: 25 November 2012 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3818
Joined  2008-10-29

11-1 and playing for something real….Go Dawgs!

The offense didn’t really get that much of a challenge from the Tech defense so the running lanes were wide and the coverage’s were soft. The offense looked pretty good and they should have.

There for a while I thought Vince McMahon was in the house as a few of the defensive guys started looking like they were showing off some of their various take down techniques. We will prolly not see 7 or 8 of those guys that played Junkyard for us next season so thanks for the effort guys! Great to see the seniors go out with style.

Biggest opportunity in 32 years next week….GO DAWGS!!!

Signature 

How Bout Them Dawgs!!

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5223
Joined  2008-10-29

Terrible Defense but still a great first season for Fedora. Coastal Division Champs and we won our bowl game and it was awesome.

I don’t care who you are…it would be hard not to be excited by this play. Carolina Football 2012 summed up here…and the sky is the limit for Coach Fedora.

http://www.goheels.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=1077801&db_oem_id=3350

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2165
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 25 November 2012 10:35 AM

Terrible Defense but still a great first season for Fedora. Coastal Division Champs and we won our bowl game and it was awesome.

I don’t care who you are…it would be hard not to be excited by this play. Carolina Football 2012 summed up here…and the sky is the limit for Coach Fedora.

This comment is exactly why the ACC is terrible.

Signature 

“If I get Manziel disease, I want every one of you all to get your mikes and start slapping me on the head”

Jameis Winston: 2013

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29
CU_Tigers4life - 25 November 2012 10:38 AM

Any thoughts on your own teams performance?

Signature 

How Bout Them Dawgs!!

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5566
Joined  2008-10-28

Snapped a 5 game losing streak at Ames, Iowa and Iowa State. Heard it was so cold the snot froze on your nose….

We got Kansas next week then we are off to the Holiday Bowl in sunny San Diego to play some Pac 10 team…

Signature 

“Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience.”

TB12, the most mis-understood poster on Southernpigskin.com

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5223
Joined  2008-10-29

Nope…Clemson choking is exactly why the ACC is terrible. They don’t call it Carolina-ing. They call it Clemson-ing.

Watching that play is what the conference could be. Instead reality is that is is little Carolina, or Florida or UGA or anyone else doing those type plays to you or VT or FSU or GT or whomever. Trust me I take no joy in it. I always pull for Clemson/FSU/any ACC team but it aint our fault you can’t deliver.

But keep blaming others for your problems. We all know that is constructive.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29
TB12 - 25 November 2012 10:44 AM

Snapped a 5 game losing streak at Ames, Iowa and Iowa State. Heard it was so cold the snot froze on your nose….

We got Kansas next week then we are off to the Holiday Bowl in sunny San Diego to play some Pac 10 team…

There’s been a TBWVU sighting!!!

Signature 

How Bout Them Dawgs!!

Posted: 25 November 2012 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6636
Joined  2008-10-29

Well….we stunk it up, easy to say.  Defense did about what everyone thought they would if not a little better.  They were on the field the entire second half and couldn’t stop a 3rd and long to save their life.  No surprises on defense.  Surprise came when our offense didn’t do jack squat in the second half.  16 plays.  TERRIBLE.  OLine lost this one for us, couldn’t give Boyd anytime to throw.  Morris’s gameplan stunk.

At the end of the day, well this morning….the sky is still up there its not falling, I’m alive, and still THANKFUL I’m not a Lamecock.  But I refuse to go to the bowl game this year now, not to see this defense in action.

Signature 

FIRE ROBBIE CALDWELL!!!!!!!

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 25 November 2012 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  279
Joined  2009-04-27

The team is very young.
By my count of the 113 on the roster 39 are freshmen and 29 sophomores.
Of those who play in the games there are nine seniors.
The four previous teams were better than this team.
The defense is young and not near the quality of the previous four defenses.
We don’t have defensive stars like in recent years and three WR’s are out and two RB’s are out.
And ... we are ranked # 2 anyway.
What will the next two years be like when these young guys have experience ?
My opinion is that Alabama, Georgia, A&M, Florida and LSU should all beat ND but only one will play them.
ROLL TIDE !!!  GO SEC !!!  Win the Heisman Johnny Football !!!

Posted: 25 November 2012 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2165
Joined  2009-09-09
lostdawg3 - 25 November 2012 10:42 AM
CU_Tigers4life - 25 November 2012 10:38 AM

Any thoughts on your own teams performance?

Oh….I have a lot of “thoughts’.......I’ll sum it up by saying we are a great “ACC” school.  Not the best…..that “Honor” belongs the FSU.  You can take that anyway you need to…..

Signature 

“If I get Manziel disease, I want every one of you all to get your mikes and start slapping me on the head”

Jameis Winston: 2013

Posted: 25 November 2012 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6003
Joined  2008-11-01

Pines is is UNC that never does anything and you blame this on every other team.  Doesn’t UNC have 85 players also? Why is every other school supposed to carry Carolina’s lazy arse?

Signature 

EMBRACE THE HATE

FSU has beaten the SEC champ at least 8 times, and we don’t even play in the SEC, lol:

1987 champs 34-6
1988 champs 13-7
1989 champs 22-14
1993 champs 33-21
1994 champs 23-17
1996 champs 24-21
2000 champs 30-7
2013 champs 34-31

The Jimbo Pistol is 5-1 vs SEC but Auburn had a moral victory, ahead at halftime. College football sees how talent is oozing into Tally and they are afraid!

Posted: 25 November 2012 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6003
Joined  2008-11-01

Oh and 5 turnovers by FSU,  3 manuel interceptions and a fumble. He missed a wide open Greene and O’Leary for big gainers. No team is going to win in that situation. FSU could have won that game but manuel threw it away., He still can’t read defenses after five years.

Signature 

EMBRACE THE HATE

FSU has beaten the SEC champ at least 8 times, and we don’t even play in the SEC, lol:

1987 champs 34-6
1988 champs 13-7
1989 champs 22-14
1993 champs 33-21
1994 champs 23-17
1996 champs 24-21
2000 champs 30-7
2013 champs 34-31

The Jimbo Pistol is 5-1 vs SEC but Auburn had a moral victory, ahead at halftime. College football sees how talent is oozing into Tally and they are afraid!

Posted: 25 November 2012 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  600
Joined  2009-07-04

Clemson was exposed some last week and the Lamecocks just put it on prime time.
May be the worse defensive secondary in Clemson’s history.
Game plan was horrible on the offensive side; defensive is just woeful so the scheme was not particularily bad but they are not well coached.
Our S&C program is a major part of our problem and Dabo refuses to acknowledge it. The longer he keeps Batson, the longer we get dominated by inferior or equal talent.
Watch how few Clemson fans go to the bowl game; we’ve all seen this story too often with being over-rated and thenget punch in the mouth. They lie down like whipped dogs.
We’ve been surpassed by one of the worst Division I football teams in the history of college football.

Posted: 25 November 2012 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3319
Joined  2008-10-29

UNC does not have 85 players. They also had a brand new coaching staff with brand new offensive and defensive systems. They had to have a guy play both ways in one game. Why can’t people see this, and say 8-4 is a good year? I can’t help and rarely call out other teams’ shortcomings. Why must guys deflect off of their teams to put down UNC. Poo poo the ACC all you want to. Win your games in and out of conference and be happy. Do not do that and don’t be happy. Neither means you have to dump on UNC. I can say teams had good years. Not everyone can be the best all the time. That doesn’t mean they are the worst.

UNC played well enough to win Saturday. The defense needs marked improvement next year. The offense will be better next year. If Bernard leaves Morris and Blue will suffice. Coastal Division Champs. That’s all.

Signature 

I’m quite lucky. I have a lovely wife, two great kids and an ever improving golf game.

Posted: 25 November 2012 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6636
Joined  2008-10-29
Orange&Purple; - 25 November 2012 03:41 PM

Clemson was exposed some last week and the Lamecocks just put it on prime time.
May be the worse defensive secondary in Clemson’s history.
Game plan was horrible on the offensive side; defensive is just woeful so the scheme was not particularily bad but they are not well coached.
Our S&C program is a major part of our problem and Dabo refuses to acknowledge it. The longer he keeps Batson, the longer we get dominated by inferior or equal talent.
Watch how few Clemson fans go to the bowl game; we’ve all seen this story too often with being over-rated and thenget punch in the mouth. They lie down like whipped dogs.
We’ve been surpassed by one of the worst Division I football teams in the history of college football.

This.  S&C needs to buck up.  Our secondary are the softest in Clemson history by FAR.  No question, no maybe, they are.  I want to give Venables the chance to get his guys in and see what happens.  Look how Blanks is doing so far, I want a guy like that on the field.  Like I said Defense did what we expected, this one was on the offenses shoulders.  And what I like about Venables is he didn’t spew excuses after the game from what I heard.  S&C needs to change.  We have all of the pieces to the puzzle to become a big time program just not the know how to put it together.

Signature 

FIRE ROBBIE CALDWELL!!!!!!!

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 25 November 2012 09:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2031
Joined  2008-11-01
lostdawg3 - 25 November 2012 08:58 AM

11-1 and playing for something real….Go Dawgs!

The offense didn’t really get that much of a challenge from the Tech defense so the running lanes were wide and the coverage’s were soft. The offense looked pretty good and they should have.

There for a while I thought Vince McMahon was in the house as a few of the defensive guys started looking like they were showing off some of their various take down techniques. We will prolly not see 7 or 8 of those guys that played Junkyard for us next season so thanks for the effort guys! Great to see the seniors go out with style.

Biggest opportunity in 32 years next week….GO DAWGS!!!

How I expect us to play. Great win. Great weekend. Great position to be in.

1 of 2

‹‹ OUCH!!!     EJ’s legacy ››