EJ’s legacy
Posted: 25 November 2012 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2720
Joined  2011-02-04

Man is this guy taking heat on all the FSU sites, which I think is a shame. Good kid from all the things I’ve heard about him, never got in trouble, never broke team rules or anything like that.

He was a decent QB in his 4 years here, but nothing too special. He just did not have “it”. He was no Tyrod Taylor or Russell Wilson or even a Bryn Renner. It’s no fault of his own, he did the best he could, he was the best FSU had at that position and so he played.

With him moving on after this year, the future looks bright for whomever is getting the keys to the Cadillac (FSU’s Offense). I don’t think I can emphasize enough how much talent FSU will have on offense. The OL should also be up to snuff with that talented 2011 class in their 3rd year to go along with current starters Bryan Stork and Cam Erving.

It is also worth noting that in the last 2 Spring games, Clint Trickett looked like the better QB. If Jacob Coker or Jameis Winston ends up beating out Trickett, I think that’s an excellent sign of things to come.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4906
Joined  2008-10-29

It is a shame. No doubt FSU will be good next year.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5183
Joined  2008-11-01

3 interceptions and 2 fumbles. It would be nice after 5 years if E.J. knew the guys wearing orange and blue were not on his team. It kept the defense on the field over 40 minutes.

I won’t mind seeing E.J. pursue his goals in life at this point. He is a good kid though, not the greatest quarterback in FSU history.

Signature 

I’m your Huckleberry

FSU has beaten the SEC champ at least 8 times, and we don’t even play in the SEC, lol:

FSU beat the 1987 SEC champs 34-6
FSU beat the 1988 SEC champs 13-7
FSU beat the 1989 SEC champs 22-14
FSU beat the 1993 SEC champs 33-21
FSU beat the 1994 SEC champs 23-17
FSU beat the 1996 SEC champs 24-21
FSU beat the 2000 SEC champs 30-7
FSU beat the 2013 SEC champs 34-31

Give it up for the SEC, a conference which almost beat FSU

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5560
Joined  2008-10-28

He was a good kid when you recruited him too.

His problem is is he is one big turnover always waiting to happen. Vastly overrated coming out of high school and it’s beyond me how FSU could not recruit a QB other then him or Trickett in the past 3 or 4 years. It’s amazing to me.

He’ll go down as a good QB, not great. Over hyped for sure.

Signature 

“Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience.”

TB12, the most mis-understood poster on Southernpigskin.com

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  499
Joined  2009-07-04

His failures are due mostly to Jimbo. I don’t know why Jimbo kept trying to make him a Ponderisque type QB when he does not have that skill set. Great young man with limited skills and yet Jimbo wanted him to be either Peyton or Vick depending on the play call.

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-01

They have 3 there now better than Trickett. Jameis Winston, Coker and McCarney. I don’t think Trickett wins the job next year.

Jameis Winston was national player of the year. 

Almost everyone’s number one quarterback but scout where he is #2

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2011/8/3/2305805/jameis-winston-commits-to

Coker has just about as much potential though.

But yeah I have never thought Manuel throws the ball very well with accuracy. Good kid though.

Signature 

I’m your Huckleberry

FSU has beaten the SEC champ at least 8 times, and we don’t even play in the SEC, lol:

Posted: 25 November 2012 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2720
Joined  2011-02-04

He can be wildly inaccurate. 2 examples in last nights game was that he nearly over threw a wide open Rashad Green where he had to climb the ladder and stumbled a bit to haul in the catch. That cost him an extra 10 yards at least.

The other one was on one of his interceptions where the announcer said “Rashad Greene gave up on the play”. Greene was open again, but EJ could not make the throw on the run. Above average QBs can make that throw most of the time, EJ never could do that consistently.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 25 November 2012 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5560
Joined  2008-10-28

How could Geno get out of Florida? Or, any of these national Elite 11 types… Aaron Murray? there are more too.

FSU recruits the elite, how they haven’t landed an elite player, or perhaps like Sem said they have and he hasn’t seen the field yet. Regardless, FSU has elite defensive talent, improved offensive line talent, elite WR talent, average RB talent and average to below average talent at QB. And…. I love your TE. Loved him in HS.

All in all, FSU is close. But until you guys develop a QB into a system that fits him, you’ll win in the ACC, it’s terrible but on a national level, defenses will scheme to force your QB’s into bad decisions. As we watched last night.

Signature 

“Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience.”

TB12, the most mis-understood poster on Southernpigskin.com

Posted: 25 November 2012 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1240
Joined  2011-07-22
Orange&Purple; - 25 November 2012 10:52 AM

His failures are due mostly to Jimbo. I don’t know why Jimbo kept trying to make him a Ponderisque type QB when he does not have that skill set. Great young man with limited skills and yet Jimbo wanted him to be either Peyton or Vick depending on the play call.

I tend to agree with this. I always thought FSU’s play-calling limited his abilities.

Signature 

Be sure to give me a follow on Twitter: @UrbanWhiteGuy

Posted: 25 November 2012 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-01

Pretty close TB12

Especially FSU running backs. Wilder runs with power catches the ball pretty well but not extremely fast. Freeman is 5-8 but weighs 210. He is 4.5 type guy, not break away and probably tries to run over too many people rather than run around them and he can fumble at the most inopportune times.

I think FSU flips Alex Collins though from Miami and he reminds of Ricky Williams. They already have Ryan Green in tow. Pender will be coming back from hernia surgery also.

These are very good running backs.

Thompson may get a medical return, now sure yet. He was leading the ACC in rushing with 678 yards when tore the ACL. He would have probably been a 1000 yard rusher.

Signature 

I’m your Huckleberry

Posted: 25 November 2012 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2611
Joined  2008-10-30

Finally got back from the Thanksgiving/FU-FSU trip. Had a great time besides the 1st, 2nd, and 4th quarter of the game.

EJ’s legacy? I don’t know, about the same as Chris Rix’s.

Signature 

2012 ACC Football Champions
2012 Orange Bowl Champions
2013 Florida state Champions
2013 ACC Football Champions
2013 NCAA National Champions

“This is our time, it ain’t their time!”
-Jimbo