1 of 3
I Have Finally Hit My Breaking Point
Posted: 25 November 2012 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1873
Joined  2009-09-09

4schitz,

I give up.  I cannot nor do I desire to defend what cannot be defended.  A 10 win season is meaningless with no league title and the inability to beat our rival. 

I won’t go through all of the things I am feeling, but 4schitz overwhelming stats have weathered the course of time and I have no argument left. 

The ACC is choking the competitive life out of FSU and Clemson.  That is clear.  Having a bunch of talent is all great, but when you are hitting 10 undersized, under skilled teams, the few that are rock solid will knock you on your tail like USC and Florida did.  The ACC has made our schools soft and with what is going to be added it will make us even softer.

We need to either get into the Big 12 or SEC ASAP.  We may take a couple of years of beatings like WVU is going through now until they toughen up to the level of competition but they will be better. 

The ACC title isn’t worth a plug nickle.  This league is the laughing stock of the BCS schools and FSU/Clemson cannot fix it alone.  My confidence in Dabo is severely shaken after this game.  It was a winnable game.  USC was good, but they were very beatable and we were simply out coached.

I am outta here.

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4783
Joined  2008-10-29

Yeah it is the ACC’s fault you cant handle your business. Check the other thread for my response.
Way to blame others for your choke job.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 25 November 2012 10:20 AM

Yeah it is the ACC’s fault you cant handle your business. Check the other thread for my response.
Way to blame others for your choke job.

My response to the other thread is the same…UNC has to cheat to be a mediocre ACC Football team.  UNC should do the same and go to the Big10…

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

No cheating here. Just Coastal Division champs.

Here is some video of our rivalry game for you to enjoy. It is awesome. Play of the year in the conference. Unfortunatley I think Gio is gone to the NFL.

http://www.goheels.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=1077801&db_oem_id=3350

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5179
Joined  2008-11-01

I think Clem and I are wearing wigs this morning.

Signature 

I’m your Huckleberry

FSU has beaten the SEC champ at least 8 times, and we don’t even play in the SEC, lol:

FSU beat the 1987 SEC champs 34-6
FSU beat the 1988 SEC champs 13-7
FSU beat the 1989 SEC champs 22-14
FSU beat the 1993 SEC champs 33-21
FSU beat the 1994 SEC champs 23-17
FSU beat the 1996 SEC champs 24-21
FSU beat the 2000 SEC champs 30-7
FSU beat the 2013 SEC champs 34-31

Give it up for the SEC, a conference which almost beat FSU

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5558
Joined  2008-10-28
CU_Tigers4life - 25 November 2012 09:23 AM

4schitz,

I give up.  I cannot nor do I desire to defend what cannot be defended.  A 10 win season is meaningless with no league title and the inability to beat our rival. 

I won’t go through all of the things I am feeling, but 4schitz overwhelming stats have weathered the course of time and I have no argument left. 

The ACC is choking the competitive life out of FSU and Clemson.  That is clear.  Having a bunch of talent is all great, but when you are hitting 10 undersized, under skilled teams, the few that are rock solid will knock you on your tail like USC and Florida did.  The ACC has made our schools soft and with what is going to be added it will make us even softer.

We need to either get into the Big 12 or SEC ASAP.  We may take a couple of years of beatings like WVU is going through now until they toughen up to the level of competition but they will be better. 

The ACC title isn’t worth a plug nickle.  This league is the laughing stock of the BCS schools and FSU/Clemson cannot fix it alone.  My confidence in Dabo is severely shaken after this game.  It was a winnable game.  USC was good, but they were very beatable and we were simply out coached.

I am outta here.

Talent level had NOTHING to do with our drop off. Experience did us in…. we played 8 freshmen on defense and in any league that will get you.

We beat Texas at Texas and lost to Oklahoma in overtime. We aren’t behind in talent, just experience.

Signature 

“Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience.”

TB12, the most mis-understood poster on Southernpigskin.com

Posted: 25 November 2012 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1240
Joined  2011-07-22

I’ll be the first to admit that the ACC is vastly inferior to the SEC from top-to-bottom in terms of talent, but at this point, I think there is some sort of mental block factoring in to the ACC’s struggles as well.

Signature 

Be sure to give me a follow on Twitter: @UrbanWhiteGuy

Posted: 25 November 2012 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  858
Joined  2012-05-17

This may sound crazy but Morris needs to go or change his style. I agreed with 4schiz last year when he posted about how this offense is putting us in bad situations. Last night the SC offense was on the field the entire second half because of it. The defense played as well as they could but they were just worn out.

Also the lack of motivation was sickening. You’d have thought we were playing Duke this week.

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 26 November 2012 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29
Matt O - 25 November 2012 01:00 PM

I’ll be the first to admit that the ACC is vastly inferior to the SEC from top-to-bottom in terms of talent, but at this point, I think there is some sort of mental block factoring in to the ACC’s struggles as well.

I agree with this. GT and Wake were outclassed by talent but NOT FSU and Clemson.

If anything the argument can be made that both those schools have better talent than Florida or South Carolina.

They can blame the ACC all they want, but I think these losses were psychological. They psych’ed themselves out and played poorly as a result.

Signature 

- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 26 November 2012 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2152
Joined  2009-01-07

We did not lose because of the ACC. South Carolina joined the SEC in 1991, and we have beaten them 13 times since then with them winning 9. In recent years, South Carolina has become a very good team. This happened at about the time we made a coaching change (lost a few great players to them in the process).  They have recruited very well and built experience and depth and we have not gotten to that point. For example, we have recently gotten some strong talent on the lines, but they are freshmen and sophomores playing against talented guys that also have a load of expereince.

I also agree with the point about being psyched out. Boyd made some decisions he hasn’t made all season. On the flip side of that, I think that went the other way for a while. I don’t think Tommy Bowden’s teams were vastly superior to USC, but I think they had a mental edge and won a lot.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 26 November 2012 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
Curggr - 26 November 2012 11:43 AM

We did not lose because of the ACC. South Carolina joined the SEC in 1991, and we have beaten them 13 times since then with them winning 9. In recent years, South Carolina has become a very good team. This happened at about the time we made a coaching change (lost a few great players to them in the process).  They have recruited very well and built experience and depth and we have not gotten to that point. For example, we have recently gotten some strong talent on the lines, but they are freshmen and sophomores playing against talented guys that also have a load of expereince.

I also agree with the point about being psyched out. Boyd made some decisions he hasn’t made all season. On the flip side of that, I think that went the other way for a while. I don’t think Tommy Bowden’s teams were vastly superior to USC, but I think they had a mental edge and won a lot.

I am in a transitional mood about my support for Clemson and Dabo and I am coming to a lot of conclusions…..

The ACC is WEAKER now than it has ever been from top to bottom.  If Dabo had to coach as tough of an ACC as Tommy Bowden did, Dabo would not be the head coach…........VT, Boston College, Wake Forrest, Miami, Maryland were all much better teams than they are now!  It isn’t even Close…...Clemson and FSU are the benefactors of a weak ACC and this league is not coming back. 

I am madder than a wet hen at Dabo, Morris and Venables but I am still undecided how much it is the coaches or the fact that we play such a weak schedule that we are unable to hang with the rock hard SEC teams in 4 hard quarters

Signature 

Posted: 26 November 2012 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5430
Joined  2008-10-29

We play a weak schedule…...the conference does NOTHING to prepare us for bigger OOC matchups.  Check my sig.

Signature 

2014 BCS Orange Bowl Champions
Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

“First team from the state of South Carolina to win a BCS bowl” - Dabo Swinney

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 26 November 2012 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2011-09-10

Don’t blame the ACC, they don’t recruit or coach.  As you know from a few years back, I’ve always said Dabo is NOT the coach for taking you to the top.  Put a few things into perspective.  He’s a smart guy, a good recruiter but NOT a good coach.  That’s why he over-compensates his assistant coaches—not because he’s a good guy, but because he knows his weaknesses and wants to shore them up, and keep his own job. 

Take a team a few years back, Boise State—remember them?  Yeah, weak schedule, conference, etc., but when they came to play the big boys, they could hang and beat them.  That’s coaching.  There’s NO REASON CU couldn’t rule the ACC top to bottom with the talent they have.  It’s all coaching.  Give me a good coach and some mediocre players over a roster full of blue chips and someone who can’t coach them.  The good coach has a plan and can coach them up..the coach who doesn’t know what he’s doing is wasting their talent, basically trying to ride them based on talent, and no plan. 

Look year after year CU’s recruiting is high on the rakings.  Last year it was blaming the young and inexperienced team not being able to hang for the season.  I’ve read that a few times this year too.  Keep believing that if you want.  But what you should understand, it’s from the top down.  Not the bottom up. 

Signature 

The Judge and Jury

Posted: 26 November 2012 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5430
Joined  2008-10-29

Not saying they are the full problem…..but its for SURE part of the problem.

And I agree, Dabo is just the CEO/figurehead…...always has been, always will be.  He will live and die by his assistants.

Signature 

2014 BCS Orange Bowl Champions
Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

“First team from the state of South Carolina to win a BCS bowl” - Dabo Swinney

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 26 November 2012 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  371
Joined  2012-07-10

This is some funny stuff! Is that a Paper Tiger Avatar?  CUT4L may be on the brink of a breakthrough!  How many years did it take? 5? 6? (Including the Tommy Bowden love fest).

Now, let’s see if we can direct that anger in the proper way.

Running away from the ACC is not the answer. I agree the competition in below par even by ACC standard, but that is not the answer.  Boise State played a bunch of cup cakes but still managed to beat teams like Oklahoma in a BCS bowl and regular season wins against the likes of Uga, VT, Oregon so the “ACC is weak” dog just won’t hunt.

Clemson can supplement the “weak” ACC schedule by continue to schedule strong non conference games.  Since the ACC is allowing an 8 game conference schedule we have a chance to step it up with 4 quality games.  Clemson is more concerned about 7 home games financially than playing a tough schedule.  Did you know next year, Clemson will play 2 FCS schools?  If UGa beats us in game one, those FCS games will kill us on SOS.

FSU and USC we both winnable games.  When a 2-star, second string back up QB that is a drop-back passer scramble on a 3rd-17 and get a 1st Down, being in the ACC had nothing at all to do with that.

Signature 

Posted: 26 November 2012 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1088
Joined  2012-05-08

punting down by 2 scores with 3 minutes left in the game when your defense hasnt done anything since the first quarter….
nuf said

Signature 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUkxIDlCAAMr7Vq.jpg

1 of 3