You must be a logged-in member to vote
What Should Happen To The ACC?:  POLL
Posted: 25 November 2012 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2115
Joined  2009-09-09

What do you think?

Signature 

“If I get Manziel disease, I want every one of you all to get your mikes and start slapping me on the head”

Jameis Winston: 2013

Posted: 25 November 2012 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2877
Joined  2011-02-04

Football schools need to improve and they will improve, no doubt about that. And i’m not referring to just FSU and Clemson. Same goes for Miami, VT, GT and NCSU.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
Garrett_TD23 - 25 November 2012 09:52 AM

Football schools need to improve and they will improve, no doubt about that. And i’m not referring to just FSU and Clemson. Same goes for Miami, VT, GT and NCSU.

Garrett, you are a smart guy.  Sure you must realize that this is not going to happen.  The ACC is damaged good and those teams that have strong football desires need to head for better options.

Signature 

“If I get Manziel disease, I want every one of you all to get your mikes and start slapping me on the head”

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5152
Joined  2008-10-29

I was waiting for this thread claiming it is the ACC that made you lose. To that I give you a thread on Inside Carolina. It voices my opinion perfectly. Put up or shut up and the fact is Clemson and FSU can not put up. You think the ACC would be in trouble if the supposed football schools won big games and played for titles? You think the SeC would be the best if Kentucky, Arkansas and Vanderbilt were their bell cows? If you wan’t respect you have to earn it. You both had home games and every opportunity to win those games and you choked!!!

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=78&f=1408&t=10661930

The height of hypocracy is for the supposed “football schools” to blame their conference for the fact that they can’t handle their own business. You tell us how big time yall are and how us “basketball” schools just don’t understand, and then you go out and lay eggs EVERY TIME you play a big non-conference game.
Sounds like yall need to focus more on sports you can win because you are getting owned by your in state rivals in the sport you claim to be so dominant at.

Go ahead and run to the big 12. Now you will just play your games 2000 miles from home, get owned, and still lose to your rivals. Just ask WVU. We will be glad to spend your 50 mil though. Hell I think Carolina should be the last school in the ACC and just take everyones money and play Notre Dame, BYU and anyone else on top of our 650 million dollar pile.

The people causing the problem are blaming the rest of us for the problems you caused. Perfect.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 25 November 2012 10:17 AM

I was waiting for this thread claiming it is the ACC that made you lose. To that I give you a thread on Inside Carolina. It voices my opinion perfectly. Put up or shut up and the fact is Clemson and FSU can not put up. You think the ACC would be in trouble if the supposed football schools won big games and played for titles? You think the SeC would be the best if Kentucky, Arkansas and Vanderbilt were their bell cows? If you wan’t respect you have to earn it. You both had home games and every opportunity to win those games and you choked!!!

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=78&f=1408&t=10661930

The height of hypocracy is for the supposed “football schools” to blame their conference for the fact that they can’t handle their own business. You tell us how big time yall are and how us “basketball” schools just don’t understand, and then you go out and lay eggs EVERY TIME you play a big non-conference game.
Sounds like yall need to focus more on sports you can win because you are getting owned by your in state rivals in the sport you claim to be so dominant at.

Go ahead and run to the big 12. Now you will just play your games 2000 miles from home, get owned, and still lose to your rivals. Just ask WVU. We will be glad to spend your 50 mil though. Hell I think Carolina should be the last school in the ACC and just take everyones money and play Notre Dame, BYU and anyone else on top of our 650 million dollar pile.

The people causing the problem are blaming the rest of us for the problems you caused. Perfect.

UNC has to cheat to be a mediocre ACC team…..Tweet That!

Signature 

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  566
Joined  2009-07-04

It only took a day for the UNC pretty boys to belittle the two schools carrying the football water for the ACC this year. Wow, that’s a surprise.

The reason we want to go to a football conference is very simple. Money and competition. While you may not realize this, when you play weak teams week after week, you lose your competitive edge. You don’t have to press and push and struggle against real football teams/players and you get lulled into a comfort zone. Then, you face a team with talent and speed and strength like you haven’t seen in a long time. Well, guess what, you can’t just dial it up after sleep walking for 7 weeks.

I don’t know your athletic background but I played collegiate sports and competition IS what makes you improve the most.

Money is the other huge driver but being a Tarheel, you have no idea what this means or does for a program that is not wealthy like your school.

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Nope, sorry no cheating here. In fact Carolina was probably THE CLEANEST program in the NCAA this season after that colonoscopy and scrutiny. Plus we won our division.

I get you are down, but it aint our fault you cant beat your rival. You have every advantage, history, talent, injuries, home field, motivation.

For someone who has showed their political cards on here before, you sure do seem to be wanting to socialize the fault of yesterday to everyone else instead of the team that is responsible. Where is that rugged individualism? Don’t you rail against that kind of thinking?

Of course it is everyone else’s fault. How could it be yours? Lame.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5653
Joined  2008-11-01

ACC guarantees you won’t any money, if you don’t have any money you are not going to win. When you are broke you are a joke.

Signature 

EMBRACE THE HATE

FSU has beaten the SEC champ at least 8 times, and we don’t even play in the SEC, lol:

FSU beat the 1987 SEC champs 34-6
FSU beat the 1988 SEC champs 13-7
FSU beat the 1989 SEC champs 22-14
FSU beat the 1993 SEC champs 33-21
FSU beat the 1994 SEC champs 23-17
FSU beat the 1996 SEC champs 24-21
FSU beat the 2000 SEC champs 30-7
FSU beat the 2013 SEC champs 34-31

Give it up for the SEC, a conference which almost beat

Posted: 25 November 2012 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29
Orange&Purple; - 25 November 2012 10:49 AM

It only took a day for the UNC pretty boys to belittle the two schools carrying the football water for the ACC this year. Wow, that’s a surprise.

The reason we want to go to a football conference is very simple. Money and competition. While you may not realize this, when you play weak teams week after week, you lose your competitive edge. You don’t have to press and push and struggle against real football teams/players and you get lulled into a comfort zone. Then, you face a team with talent and speed and strength like you haven’t seen in a long time. Well, guess what, you can’t just dial it up after sleep walking for 7 weeks.

I don’t know your athletic background but I played collegiate sports and competition IS what makes you improve the most.

Money is the other huge driver but being a Tarheel, you have no idea what this means or does for a program that is not wealthy like your school.

I didn’t belittle anyone until the post comes out that it is somehow everyone else in the conference’s fault that Clemson lost. No I did not play College Sports. I do understand blaming others for your problems gets you no where. Obviously you guys have not learned that.

Lets check the scoreboard. How many points did NC State put up? Maybe that is your problem, not the ACC. Clemson was certainly sleepwalking there. But keep the blame game going. I am sure that is what your college coach taught you. What was your record with thinking like that? Do I remember you saying it was at UNCW?

I am also sure that is what Dabo is blaming this morning…the ACC. Stupid.

As to the UNC pretty boys comment…you only have yourslef to blame for your place in life. I am sorry you are not happy with it and I am. I worked hard to get into my dream school and I wanted to go there because it was awesome whereas for many their school is awesome because they went there. Big difference. If that makes me pretty then so be it. I will be pretty all day.

Signature 

- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 25 November 2012 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-04

I say the ACC will improve because I don’t believe FSU or Clemson has hit their ceiling under these coaches. The ACC just got rid of one of their worst football playing schools being Maryland. Pitt and Cuse is coming in and they have a higher ceiling than half of the schools in the current ACC.

Whether you want to believe it or not, things will get better. I don’t know if GT or Wake will get better to where they can compete against Vandy and UGA, but FSU and Clemson can with their rivals.

Signature 

Posted: 25 November 2012 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-04

When did I blame our loss on anything or anyone? I am simply stating facts that I don’t think the ACC is the place for a football school. Swoffie is CLEARLY positioning the ACC as a basketball conference. He could have gotten the best programs from the B12 a few years ago and decided nah, why would we do that since we want to be the best basketball conference. That is a fact.

I am very critical of my Tigers, I try to evaluate my team/program as objectively as I can. I attempt to assess what is best for my team and program. I don’t think the ACC is providing the best option for my team.

Dabo has a myriad of issues that he refuses to address. There are a few coaches who should be shown the door - TODAY. But that doesn’t mean I am blaming anyone other than our program for the pitiful state it is in. We have lots of problems beyond simply coaching.

I apologize for the “pretty” comment; it was supposed to be “preppy”.

Bottom line is I want MY TEAM to be the best - I don’t think the ACC is ever going to provide the best environment for my team to reach the pinnacle. If the ACC were to drop the dregs of the league, maybe I would feel differently but Duke, WFU, BC, Pitt, Cuse, UVA are useless football programs on a regional, much less national basis.  GT, VT, Miami, NCSU and UNC (and soon Louisville)need to step it up and soon or the entire league will become a waste dump.

Posted: 25 November 2012 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-04

Garrett: the ACC will improve? based on what? a whim? Jimbo will continue to lose big games and the luster is coming off Dabo. When he loses to USuC next year, they will have to fire him (and should) or watch 40K people show up for games. Dabo’s status as a mini-god for too many of the Clemson orange colored glasses contingent has been rocked. Maybe reality will set in soon.

Best thing for FSU is for Jimbo to take the Auburn job as rumored.

Posted: 25 November 2012 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3313
Joined  2008-10-29

There was no choice for ACC will implode. While I think that highly unlikely… If FSU, Clemson, and one other leave it’s a possibility. I think a lot will depend on how Maryland’s buyout goes. I’ve read that one ACC official said “lawyers were there, everything was checked. It’s airtight.”  If that’s correct more movement is unlikely. If it’s not, we’ll see I guess.

Signature 

I’m quite lucky. I have a lovely wife, two great kids and an ever improving golf game.

Posted: 25 November 2012 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-04

VT had their worst year in like 2 decades. I think they will improve from this season, no?

UNC has a brand new coach, they even won their division. If the NCAA does not hit them any harder then they should see some improvement in years to come.

I don’t know how hard the NCAA will hit Miami, but Miami should be better next year. After that I don’t know.

BC - no place to go but up.

NCSU is the wild card, they could go up or down depending on the coach. Heck they may hit a home run if they hire Bobby Petrino.

FSU just lost a game in where they were leading going into the 4th qtr and turned the ball over 5 times. They’ve won the previous two games in the series and are on a 4 game bowl winning streak.

Clemson - the sky is falling and there is no hope.

Signature 

Posted: 25 November 2012 09:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5653
Joined  2008-11-01

Nothing but days of wine and roses coming!

Signature 

EMBRACE THE HATE

FSU has beaten the SEC champ at least 8 times, and we don’t even play in the SEC, lol:

FSU beat the 1987 SEC champs 34-6
FSU beat the 1988 SEC champs 13-7
FSU beat the 1989 SEC champs 22-14
FSU beat the 1993 SEC champs 33-21
FSU beat the 1994 SEC champs 23-17
FSU beat the 1996 SEC champs 24-21
FSU beat the 2000 SEC champs 30-7
FSU beat the 2013 SEC champs 34-31

Give it up for the SEC, a conference which almost beat

Posted: 25 November 2012 09:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2026
Joined  2008-11-01

At this point Clemson and Fla State just need to leave. Don’t see it getting any better and Pitt & Syracuse both stink.

1 of 2