Posted: 25 November 2012 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  281
Joined  2008-11-09

http://www.southernpigskin.com/SEC/view/gene-chizik-out-at-auburn

Thoughts?

Signature 

“Southern football is why my grandmother spent fall Saturday’s in orange capris, blue reebok classics and alligator jewelry and had a football card of Danny Wuerffel taped to her dresser. It’s the same reason why my mom can’t watch the fourth quarter, my dad won’t watch the first quarter and my uncle and his two sons have walked around Valdosta, Georgia with a little more pep in their step since December 7th, 2002.”

—B.J. Bennett, Down Here I

Posted: 25 November 2012 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1240
Joined  2011-07-22

I know I am in the minority here, but I thought Chizik should have been given one more year to turn things around. As bad as this season was, Auburn won the title two season ago, and overachieved by winning the Chick-fil-A Bowl last season.

At the end of the day, I am not saying that Chizik is a great coach. I just think he should have been given one more year.

Signature 

Be sure to give me a follow on Twitter: @UrbanWhiteGuy

Posted: 25 November 2012 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  944
Joined  2012-05-17

Yea I also thought they should have given him another year since he had a new DC and OC. It’ll be interesting to see who they get with Tennessee also open.

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 25 November 2012 09:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2012
Joined  2008-11-01

A month ago I would have said they were gonna give him another year but to show nothing at all in their big games down the stretch did him in.