Posted: 25 November 2012 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2008-11-09

http://www.southernpigskin.com/ACC/view/nc-state-fires-tom-obrien

Thoughts?

Signature 

“Southern football is why my grandmother spent fall Saturday’s in orange capris, blue reebok classics and alligator jewelry and had a football card of Danny Wuerffel taped to her dresser. It’s the same reason why my mom can’t watch the fourth quarter, my dad won’t watch the first quarter and my uncle and his two sons have walked around Valdosta, Georgia with a little more pep in their step since December 7th, 2002.”

—B.J. Bennett, Down Here I

Posted: 25 November 2012 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2717
Joined  2011-02-04

A little indifferent. They can do better or possibly worse. Tom O’Brien brought them as far as he possibly could. TOBy is a perfect fit for northern teams in lesser talented areas.

GT could welcome back Jon Tenuta as their DC. I think most GT fans would welcome him back.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 25 November 2012 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3299
Joined  2008-10-29

I think Yow will run NCSU athletics into the ground. NCSU, Tennessee, and Auburn are all looking for new coaches. You rank those openings. I’d say NCSU might be the easiest, but it’s not the best.

Signature 

I’m quite lucky. I have a lovely wife, two great kids and an ever improving golf game.

Posted: 25 November 2012 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1240
Joined  2011-07-22

O’Brien’s biggest problem was that he was a terrible recruiter. NC State needs to go after a young, energetic coach who will be able to keep talent in North Carolina.

Signature 

Be sure to give me a follow on Twitter: @UrbanWhiteGuy

Posted: 25 November 2012 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  478
Joined  2011-04-22

I don’t think they’re going to get a big name, so I’d call Pete Lembo at Ball State. Has ties to the area from Elon, and has done a great job at Ball State.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 25 November 2012 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  376
Joined  2012-07-10
MattSmith - 25 November 2012 05:49 PM

I don’t think they’re going to get a big name, so I’d call Pete Lembo at Ball State. Has ties to the area from Elon, and has done a great job at Ball State.

It Appears Chad Morris is on their want-list:

http://www.tigernet.com/view/clemson_update.do?id=8543

Signature 

Posted: 26 November 2012 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4886
Joined  2008-10-29

Yow said Franklin is not on the list. He has a good deal in Nashville where the expectations are low…for now.

State needs someone to counteract the excitement Fedora is creating. OBrien was not going to be able to do that. Expect a high energy recruiter type…and if not you will know lots of folks turned it down.

There is no reason why NCSU can not be perennially top 25.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 26 November 2012 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1240
Joined  2011-07-22
MattSmith - 25 November 2012 05:49 PM

I am working on an article for later this week that is talking about Lembo being a great candidate for NC State and BC. He actually has more connections in the northeast, so I think the Boston College would be the most likely of the two destinations.

Signature 

Be sure to give me a follow on Twitter: @UrbanWhiteGuy

Posted: 26 November 2012 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2717
Joined  2011-02-04

I’m having a brain fart now, but I actually like BC’s OC or former OC now, I forgot his name at the moment. FSU actually needs an OC so Jimbo can just be a HC. The BC dude would be a good choice IMO.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”