My ideal ACC
Posted: 25 November 2012 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2650
Joined  2011-02-04

Just playing the hand we are dealt and making the best out of a less than ideal situation:

ATLANTIC vs COASTAL
FSU vs Miami
NCSU vs UNC
Clem vs VT
GT vs UVA
BC vs Pitt
Cuse vs Duke

If divisions can be divided better, then so be it. You’ll notice that Wake Forest is excluded, I think it would be in the ACC’s interest to drop them as football members.

What we have with this is a lot better quality football games without presence of Wake Forest and Maryland. When it comes to TV, there is a lot more sexier matchups waiting to happen with this version of the ACC.

Every team in the conference will continue to play each other twice in 5 seasons, instead of twice every 12 seasons with an 8 game conference schedule with 14 teams.

The B1G Ten just grabbed a couple of duds. They will be filthy rich, but they will soon be lower than the ACC in football quality.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 26 November 2012 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4775
Joined  2008-10-29

I still support a North v South or pod alignment. I am for more regionality especially as the conference grows north and maybe even west.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 26 November 2012 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2650
Joined  2011-02-04
SoPinesHeel - 26 November 2012 09:08 AM

I still support a North v South or pod alignment. I am for more regionality especially as the conference grows north and maybe even west.

I would not mind a North vs South alignment. Just trying to keep the rivalries intact and keep everybody happy with a mix of ACC and former BE teams.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”