Cincinnati wants in the ACC
Posted: 27 November 2012 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1020
Joined  2012-05-17

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8683593/cincinnati-bearcats-making-strong-push-join-acc-source

Would anyone prefer Cincy over LVL or UConn?  I’ve also heard Navy was in the mix, but that would be a horrible move.

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 27 November 2012 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6802
Joined  2008-10-29

I think Louisville holds a bit more weight then Cinci does with me at least.  Cinci is better then UConn, Georgetown, or Villanova or someone like that….but not better then Louisville.

Navy would not be a horrible move IF ND joined in football.  Navy would be bait, that is all.  It all depends on if the Irish can do what they did this year in 2014 and reach the playoffs….if so….no reason for them to join anything.  When they play like they did this year and get left out, thats when they shop.  Having Navy would be a draw to them in that scenario.  I will admit though, I’d GLADLY attend a Navy game LONG BEFORE attending a Syracuse or Pitt game….LONG before.

Signature 

FIRE ROBBIE CALDWELL!!!!!!!

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 27 November 2012 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3006
Joined  2011-02-04

If the ACC goes to 14 and that 14th school is not ND, then I’d want Navy. I’d actually prefer to go back to 12, but that aint happening.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 27 November 2012 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2209
Joined  2009-09-09

It would be more like a “cincinnati bowtie”

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cincinnati bowtie&defid=1718691

I don’t want to be in the Big East and that is where this is taking us.  Clemson and FSU need to GTFO of this league

Signature 

“If I get Manziel disease, I want every one of you all to get your mikes and start slapping me on the head”

Jameis Winston: 2013

Posted: 27 November 2012 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29
CU_Tigers4life - 27 November 2012 06:15 PM

I don’t want to be in the Big East and that is where this is taking us.  Clemson and FSU need to GTFO of this league

Been preaching it since last off season, and I was called crazy….

Signature 

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 27 November 2012 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2209
Joined  2009-09-09

I think what is most likely to happen is that the ACC will take Cincy, Louisville and Uconn and that will be the beginning of the end of the ACC.

We might as well split up the divisions like this:

Big East Division

VT
Miami
BC
Pitt
Syracuse
Lousville
UConn
Cincy

ACC Division

Clemson
FSU
GT
UNC
NCSt
Duke
Wake
UVa

This will be a 100% Big East/ACC league that is BS

Signature 

“If I get Manziel disease, I want every one of you all to get your mikes and start slapping me on the head”

Jameis Winston: 2013

Posted: 27 November 2012 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5271
Joined  2008-10-29

Notre Dame playing for the championship might get them in the ACC just like an all SEC championship got us a playoff. If the others are no longer content to allow them special access i.e. Delaney then their hand will be forced. They might have been given a seat because no one thought they could pull this off.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 27 November 2012 10:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6258
Joined  2008-11-01

The big least and every other low level program will be lining up for ACC table scraps now that the ranks are thinning out.

Signature 

EMBRACE THE HATE

FSU has beaten the SEC champ at least 8 times, and we don’t even play in the SEC, lol:

1987 champs 34-6
1988 champs 13-7
1989 champs 22-14
1993 champs 33-21
1994 champs 23-17
1996 champs 24-21
2000 champs 30-7
2013 champs 34-31

The Jimbo Pistol is 6-1 vs SEC but Auburn had a moral victory, ahead at halftime. College football sees how talent is oozing into Tally and they are afraid!

Posted: 28 November 2012 12:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Hearing that Louisville and UCONN invites will be voted on tomorrow by the ACC.

Signature 

Posted: 28 November 2012 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  300
Joined  2012-06-19

I don’t see how we could add Uconn at this point.  They are a good basketball school but they don’t bring that much in terms of football.  It would be another small stadium in the NE corner of the USA.

I think Louisville is a great option.  They’ve got a good basketball program and (for now, at least) they’ve a good football team.  Hey, they might be good rivals for VT if they can remember how Marcus Vick stomped on someone’s leg during the Gator Bowl :D

Basically, I think Swofford better choose two football schools.  Even if that 50mil exit fee stands—-> I think other schools will still do some window shopping.  He needs to do everything in his power to get more football schools NOW.  Imagine the feeding frenzy if the B1G, Big12, or SEC stole two schools?  I would imagine that would result in 4 others being picked by the other two conferences.

Posted: 28 November 2012 08:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  300
Joined  2012-06-19
CU_Tigers4life - 27 November 2012 07:56 PM

We might as well split up the divisions like this:

Big East Division

VT
Miami
BC
Pitt
Syracuse
Lousville
UConn
Cincy

This will be a 100% Big East/ACC league that is BS

I’m down for that!  I really got into VT football during the 95 season.  In the old days I considered BC, Syracuse, and Miami our rivals.  (And WVU, UVA) —-> You add Pitt in there… I think they’ve won.. 4 of the last 5 against us?  Either way…. I wouldn’t mind that set up.  Plus, Cincy and VT is developing too…  We’ve played about 3 times in the regular season + the Orange Bowl… things could get touchy there, too.

Posted: 28 November 2012 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5271
Joined  2008-10-29

I am surprised a VT fan would like that because I thought yall opposed the North South alignment because you didn’t want to be in the North.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)