ACC vs B1G Challenge
Posted: 27 November 2012 10:57 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2883
Joined  2011-02-04

FSU crapped the bed in yet another challenge. I’ve yet to attend one of these things where FSU came out on the winning end.

I think the womens team will represent much better, they are having a pretty good season thus far and are playing against lowly Iowa.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 28 November 2012 08:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  692
Joined  2012-06-16

Not a good start for the ACC down 4-2.  Indiana smoked UNC 83-59, Mich beat NCSU 79-72, Minnesota downed FSU on the road 77-68, and Nebraska crushed Wake by 16.  Maryland beat N’Western 77-57 and VT took care of business vs Iowa 95-79

Tonight we have:

Ohio St @ Duke
Mich St. @ Miami
GT @ Illinois
Virginia @ Wisc.
Purdue @ Clemson
BC @ Penn St.

I really only see two more wins for the ACC with Duke and Clemson.  Miami might have a shot at home and Virginia plays really good D which gives them a chance.  I think it’s more likely the ACC loses all of these games than they win more than half.

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 28 November 2012 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5168
Joined  2008-10-29

I agree that it is a poor showing but if you look, the matchups are not favorable and the result should be expected. Both Carolina and State were at higher ranked teams places and Carolina was playing down a starter.

Also probably better give Maryland’s win to the Big 10! smile

Duke is the best team in the conference as much as it pains me to say it.

Fortunately November basketball is just exhibition and pride. Louisville will be a helpful addition here too.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 28 November 2012 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-06-16

Saw this on ESPN, kind of sums up the state of things.  I wonder how long this will go on before the dust settles for good?

@McMurphyESPN: Can’t wait for Thursday’s Louisville-Rutgers football game. Better known as the ACC-Big Ten Challenge

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 28 November 2012 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2323
Joined  2009-01-07

Clemson will be without Milton Jennings - arrested for marijuana.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 28 November 2012 07:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5168
Joined  2008-10-29

God when are we going to get over our need to punish people for Pot. It is so stupid to me…

and I am not a user. I just think it is stupid that we are surprised that these kids get caught with it.

Almost ALL kids either have tried it or are regular users. It is easier to get for high schoolers than Alcohol and Alcohol is legal!!!!!

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 28 November 2012 08:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6418
Joined  2008-10-29

Don’t speak so soon Slappy, Purdue eating us up early.

Signature 

FIRE ROBBIE CALDWELL!!!!!!!

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 28 November 2012 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2883
Joined  2011-02-04

The FSU women took care of business.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 28 November 2012 11:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-06-16
Clemtgrs - 28 November 2012 08:34 PM

Don’t speak so soon Slappy, Purdue eating us up early.

My prediction did not take into account Milton’s stupidity (getting caught, that is)

It’s going to be that kind of year. Two games ago Clemson shot 75% from 3pt, tonight 17%.  Add in 55% FT shooting and you’re not going to win most of the time.  Purdue came in shooting 26% from 3pt and they end up 44% tonight.  The first half D was actually pretty solid, but Byrd just went off.  Not much you can do about that.  In spite of all that, Clemson only lost by 12.  I give the guys a lot of credit to win the 2nd half by 8 after digging themselves a huge early hole.  They played really solid defense and they had a chance to pull the game close, but couldn’t get the big shot to fall.

Signature 

Posted: 28 November 2012 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3315
Joined  2008-10-29

UNC was beaten soundly. I have said to friends and others that UNC will take lumps, and will learn. By March the team will be good. I have not a doubt they be 10-3 or 11-2 by January. That doesn’t sound bad When they end up 20 whatever and whatever… they game vs. Indiana will be a distant memory, and UNC will be a team to reckon with.

Signature 

I’m quite lucky. I have a lovely wife, two great kids and an ever improving golf game.

Posted: 29 November 2012 10:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2619
Joined  2008-10-30

I just can’t get into the whole conference love BS. I was happy to watch Indiana drop the hammer on UNC and Ohio St. for a little over a half on Duke.

FSU lost again, this team won’t be as good as the last 2-3 years.

Signature 

2012 ACC Football Champions
2012 Orange Bowl Champions
2013 Florida state Champions
2013 ACC Football Champions
2013 NCAA National Champions

“This is our time, it ain’t their time!”
-Jimbo

Posted: 30 November 2012 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1117
Joined  2012-05-08

Im not all about the conference love, but i respect the conference liking. I prefer conference teams to win, but i have some teams that are OOC that i like more, my alma matter (PC), the school i did my fellowship at (southern miss), and a couple other schools for various reasons. But i dont flat out hate any of the schools in our conference

Signature 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUkxIDlCAAMr7Vq.jpg