Arkansas Trying to Lure The Hat?
Posted: 28 November 2012 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2012-06-16

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8684939/arkansas-razorbacks-make-offer-lsu-tigers-coach-les-miles-according-report

Not sure how likely this is to happen. They’re offering about 2 million more per year over what he’s currently getting though I can’t imagine it would be solely an issue of money.  Will LSU renegotiate to keep him? Arky is a good job, but is it worth giving up a cushy spot like he has at LSU for more scratch?

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 28 November 2012 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4779
Joined  2008-10-29

I think that is a weird move…they need to get a texas dude as texas recruiting is their lifeblood. Arkansas has to recruit west to survive. I would think that Wal-Mart/Tyson chicken money can buy alot though…

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 28 November 2012 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2152
Joined  2009-01-07

I can’t see this happening.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 28 November 2012 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  296
Joined  2012-07-10

It wouldn’t completely surprise me if this were to happen. For as well as Miles has done in Baton Rouge, I think he takes an excessive amount of criticism. I could see a scenario where he wanted to get out of LSU simply to go to a program that would be more appreciative of his services.

Signature 

WE’RE GOING BOWLING!!!!!!