Tajh Boyd Will Submit Paperwork to the NFL
Posted: 28 November 2012 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2160
Joined  2009-09-09

http://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=11207

Not a real big surprise.  My guess is he would be a 3-4 round pick.  If that is the case I think he should stay.  Of course I think he should stay another year you refine his technique.  He made a lot of improvements in one year, but he still makes some knuckle-headed plays that he needs to work on

Signature 

“If I get Manziel disease, I want every one of you all to get your mikes and start slapping me on the head”

Jameis Winston: 2013

Posted: 28 November 2012 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6621
Joined  2008-10-29

Agreed.

His problem is he’d be going against Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, EJ Manuel, Landry Jones, Mike Glennon, Collin Klein, and possibly Aaron Murray.  IMO, he should without question be back next year.  Him and Hopkins both.  They could use it and we could use it.

Signature 

FIRE ROBBIE CALDWELL!!!!!!!

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 28 November 2012 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  598
Joined  2009-07-04

He would be fortunate to go in the first three rounds. His size is a major issue for the pro scouts. I am not sure this year versus next would make much difference as his biggest hurdle is physical.

If Chad leaves, he may decide to move on so he doesn’t have to learn a new offense and potentially have his numbers drop.

Posted: 29 November 2012 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1001
Joined  2012-05-17
Clemtgrs - 28 November 2012 08:30 PM

Agreed.

His problem is he’d be going against Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, EJ Manuel, Landry Jones, Mike Glennon, Collin Klein, and possibly Aaron Murray.  IMO, he should without question be back next year.  Him and Hopkins both.  They could use it and we could use it.

All of these forementioned QB’s are not that good professionally.  Boyd will be discriminated against (because he’s not >6’3.  Klien will be in the same boat as Tebow, good college QB, bad throwing technique (looks like a girl when he throws it).  Geno Smith and Glennon are the only QB’s worth of a 2nd round pick in this year’s draft IMO.

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 29 November 2012 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  651
Joined  2010-09-06

Klein not even in the top 12. These guys would be ahead of him:

Geno Smith
Matt Barkley
Tyler Wilson
Ryan Nassib
EJ Manuel
Aaron Murray