FSU is the ACC Champs
Posted: 02 December 2012 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2882
Joined  2011-02-04

One more game to go till we get an offensive coordinator. I almost wish that FSU was going to play Kent State. The way the team is playing I’d be happy to escape with another win (any win) just to see EJ graduate and Jimbo get a OC.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 02 December 2012 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  448
Joined  2012-02-17

I was afraid that was going to be a close game with the UF loss still stinging and there being a down atmosphere in the stadium. But I am very glad we won. I wish we would run JWJ more.

Signature 

The artist formerly known as 4thNNole

Posted: 02 December 2012 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  576
Joined  2009-07-04

Offense looked awful against a really poor GT defense. EJ is just a mess. He throws 2 good passes, then a bad one, then forces throws, just doesn’t seem to have a feel for what to do at the right time. He could have run 4 or 5 times for 15 yards but just stood there not knowing what to do. I really like the young man but he is limited as a QB.

I still think Jimbo is the bigger issue at FSU. They should be dominating teams and just seem to skate by. With the Gators resurgence, I’m not certain he will be able to get FSU over the hump. He’s becoming the next Spurrier…. great offensive mind who is winning mostly because of his defense.

If they play the OB game like they did last night, they’ll lose by 20.

Posted: 02 December 2012 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5728
Joined  2008-11-01

And that is the truth. Serious concern developing with the Jimbo.

Signature 

EMBRACE THE HATE

FSU has beaten the SEC champ at least 8 times, and we don’t even play in the SEC, lol:

FSU beat the 1987 SEC champs 34-6
FSU beat the 1988 SEC champs 13-7
FSU beat the 1989 SEC champs 22-14
FSU beat the 1993 SEC champs 33-21
FSU beat the 1994 SEC champs 23-17
FSU beat the 1996 SEC champs 24-21
FSU beat the 2000 SEC champs 30-7
FSU beat the 2013 SEC champs 34-31

Give it up for the SEC, a conference which almost beat

Posted: 02 December 2012 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3827
Joined  2010-12-23

He’ll figure it out… But that offensive line is terrible… We got skill players coming out of our ears but can’t block up front… Can’t convert a 3rd & 1 against the worst defense in the ACC.

When you watch the Georgia/Bama game you can see what a nasty o-line does… EJ wouldn’t have to be great if we could line up and run the damn ball out of an I-formation.

We got offensive problems… Jimbo’s got his work cut out… But i’m not fixin to quit on him.

Signature 

>>>─────;;;─►

“The same rowdy crowd that was here last night is back again.”

Posted: 02 December 2012 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2882
Joined  2011-02-04

I think Jimbo’s inexperience as a HC is coming through and he may be over his head in all the responsibilities he has undertaken. It’s also possible that he feels most comfortable with hiring guys around his age, the only old guy on staff is Rick Trickett.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 02 December 2012 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2619
Joined  2008-10-30

I was so convinced we were going to lose after the first possession of the second half (3 and out). I just started thinking, hmm, 16-3 over NC State in the 4th quarter/ 20-13 over FU in the 4th quarter.

I was very happy with the play of the D. The Williams brothers, Timmy, and MEJ had big games. We out-rushed them and held them to 15 points, I couldn’t have asked for more out of a D that’s losing its coordinator.

EJ has one more game and he is gone. I never thought I would be excited for him to leave after some of the wins he had as a young player. He just doesn’t seem to get it. Rashad Green and Wild n Free had solid games. We need an O-coord.

Hopkins still sits tied for most FGs made in NCAA history, I’m really hoping he hits one in the OB and also wins the Groza. EJ fumbled in FG range AGAIN last night, he has cost Hopkins 3 attempts this season.

I’m glad we are playing Louisville instead of Kent St. or Rutgers in the OB. A few guys on their team will have a homecoming with the game in Miami, including Teddy Bridgewater- should be fun.

11-2, ACC Champs.

Signature 

2012 ACC Football Champions
2012 Orange Bowl Champions
2013 Florida state Champions
2013 ACC Football Champions
2013 NCAA National Champions

“This is our time, it ain’t their time!”
-Jimbo

Posted: 02 December 2012 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2619