1 of 2
SEC bowl game predictions…
Posted: 26 December 2012 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1070
Joined  2008-10-29

Saw them talking about this on ESPN…I say we will go 7-2 in nine bowls…

Posted: 26 December 2012 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  502
Joined  2009-07-04

sounds about right. as unattractive as many of these bowl games are, I think the match-ups are very favorable for the SEC teams.

Posted: 26 December 2012 12:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1937
Joined  2009-09-09

I love how he said “WE”.......Typical SEC Homerism…

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 26 December 2012 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5578
Joined  2008-10-29

We…....LMAO.  Living vicariously….gotta love it.

Signature 

2014 BCS Orange Bowl Champions
Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

“First team from the state of South Carolina to win a BCS bowl” - Dabo Swinney

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 26 December 2012 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  175
Joined  2009-08-04

I don’t see a problem with GAmeTime saying “we.”  WE do it all the time (ACC fans), postive or negative.  Don’t see it so much as homerism when you are referring to the conference that you are in.  After all, we root for our teams 1st but we also pull for our conferences when playing OOC.  Nothing wrong with that.

Posted: 26 December 2012 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Who is we, you’ve never seen me say “we” in relation to the ACC.  Screw that, I could care less about anyone but Clemson.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 26 December 2012 09:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-04

Clem…are you serious?  From your past posts, I thought for sure that you were joined at the hip with FSU (Seminole) and also in major infatuation with the BIG XII.  If I somehow got that wrong, I apologize.

Posted: 26 December 2012 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Yes, to get out of the ACC.  Me and Sem share enemies.  Does that mean I’m a texas or oklahoma fan?  No way.  I am a CLEMSON fan, not a conference fan.  The ACC could lose every other bowl game, as long as Clemson wins who looks bad then?  Not us, not me.  I hate the ACC and I hate the conference rah rah.  GO TIGERS!

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 26 December 2012 09:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-04

Clem…one more thing, since you felt the need to respond to my previous post.  What did you mean by GameTime (S.Carolina) living vicariously?  Are you referring to the SEC’s predicted bowl finish?  By their being a member of a successful conference?  I mean, you can’t really slam on them until you are beating them on a regular basis.  I have no dog in the hunt re: Clemson vs S. Carolina.  Your post just begged the question.

Posted: 26 December 2012 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

We’ve beat them on a regular basis for 100 years, one little 4 in a row doesn’t mean a lifetime.  They have always lived vicariously through the conference.  How many SEC titles do they have?  How many titles have they even played for…since the START?  Basically what I’m asking is, what have they contributed to the SEC to make the SEC a superpower?  I’ll save you the time to google, they’ve played for it ONCE and got embarrassed by Auburn.  They consistently finish 5th in their conference and brag like they’ve added value to it when in reality they haven’t added anything to it.  No trophies, no championships, nothing.

The SEC is a successful conference, any football fan will tell you that.  This isn’t a bash on the SEC, its a bash on those that ride the SEC coat tails.  Alabama and LSU carry that conference, with occasional help from UGA and Florida.  THEY make the SEC, not the South Carolina Lamecocks and their single SEC East division banner.

Its basically the equivalent of Vandy talking shit because they simply reside in the same conference as the national champions.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 26 December 2012 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

For the record, I say 6 wins and 3 toss ups.  Bama, LSU, and TXA&M are the toss ups.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 26 December 2012 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2000
Joined  2008-11-01

LOL at yall. Of course everyone wants their team to win first but you are lying to yourself if you say you don’t want your conference to do good. If the teams you play and sometimes lose to literally lose every big bowl game they play in like the ACC what does that say about your team? Who you play every year to a small extent tells a lot about you. It also determines how the nation views you. Theres a reason everyone knows the SEC is the best and the ACC is horrible. Its the bowl games.

Posted: 26 December 2012 09:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Maybe I’m the exception.  I want the ACC to tank (apart from Clemson obiv) so it speeds up the death of the conference.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 26 December 2012 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-04

Dawgsday:  Don’t lump all of us “ACC” members into the statement that you made in your previous post.  I agree with GameTime…and you…if your conference members are taking care of business OOC, that says alot about the competition that you face on a weekly basis…and a lot about who/where you are as a team.

Posted: 26 December 2012 09:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

How can you be ready to play a good OOC opponent in a bowl if you play a bad ACC schedule all year?  Can Clemson be blamed for only 2 teams 10+ wins?  What about only 3 above 7 wins, and one is on probation.  Nope, blame the crappy conference.  You train like you fight.  Thats all I’m saying.  We’ll continue to see poor ACC bowl performance as long as we are adding these pansy basketball schools and washed up Big East teams to the conference and put them on the schedule.  No offense (sorta because its funny) VT since you got smoked by one of those newbies this year.

Read my sig, it sums up the the idea.

SoPines and SWVADON can fight the ACC good fight.  I refuse.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 26 December 2012 10:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-04

Ok Clem…you got me…and yes it is funny that we got beat 2X this year by BE teams…we also lost to you guys and several others.  A bad year or two…it is what it is.  .prior to last year, I do not recall you guys lighting up things for the conference or even beating us. 

Let’s (that’s you and I) not lay the blame on the conference, let’s look at ourselves.  I will tell you this…I hope that you guys pull it out vs LSU.  Do I think that will happen?  Nope.  And when it doesn’t, it will not be the fault of the conference, it will be on Clemson. 

At the end of the day, we’re all just fans and arm-chair QBs…CFB is fun stuff and the folks in the SEC are having the fun lately.  I admire their run.

1 of 2