1 of 3
A little political discussion shall we..
Posted: 27 December 2012 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5562
Joined  2008-10-28

I’ve watched since the election the amazement on the faces of some people who can’t believe, they just can’t believe President Obama won again. It started with Karl Rove’s melt down on Fox and hasn’t stopped yet in DC.

It’s literally amazing to me to see the disappointment. And even in Washington, those elected plastic white guys refuse to even acknowledge they lost by their position on these tax and debt talks we are watching today.

What all this means is what I have been saying for years around here. That being, some of you are completely disconnected from the mainstream of our country because the powerful lobby known as the Tea Party driven by big money ie Koch Brothers/Rove have teamed up with Fox News to completely hood wink about 20 percent of our country. And, you most likely live in that 20%, located in the south.

I’m not being mean spirited here so don’t take this post that way.

I remember saying on here during Lil Bush’s years that the republican party was done… it would take years to reinvent. Well…...

One thing I have noticed positive. People are so stunned they now are questioning Fox News, NRA and Rove/Koch. Which is the best thing that could happen to our country.

After 4 more years of President Obama, then 8 years of Hilary Clinton…. that will be 16 years to reinvent the republican party. The problem I see is the country’s demographic is shifted so much…. ie Latinos, African Americans and Asian will never, ever vote republican as that side sits now. And Marco Rubio has luggage… he’s not the answer.

I honestly believe the next big rightie hope is Tim Tebow. He can’t play in the NFL. He’s not good enough…. and his brand is perfect for the southerners and big enough to reach out. However, if Tebow can’t position himself with minority demographics he like the others will have problem. And, if he starts that eliminate birth control crap and all the stuff about rape not being rape because, he has no shot.

Anyway, just thought I’d share some political thoughts…

What’s yours?

Signature 

“Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience.”

TB12, the most mis-understood poster on Southernpigskin.com

Posted: 27 December 2012 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2109
Joined  2009-09-09

You were doing good until you went into the sewer with your last polarizing paragraph….

All that really happened was the GOP lost an election…that is all.  If the GOP had not sent such a flawed guy to compete against Obama, it would have been a massacre.  No President has ever been reelection with the economy has bad off as has been with Obama and that is the real tell of the tape…

To the victory goes the spoils…....

Those 18-30 year olds that put Obama in office will be in their late 20’s-late 30’s and most will find out that they are doing WORSE than their parents an will have to take a sobering look at themselves and the choices that they have made.

I honestly wished that the GOP would simply sit back and Vote “Present” on everything the Democrats want so they can own it 100%...only then will this will it be exposed for what it is.

Everyone’s taxes will go up Jan 1st….make no doubt that this is what Obama has always wanted….The Obama care mandates continue ti kick in which means everyone health care cost goes up…...Companies will be structuring their workforce to optimize the changes…

I think the the real tell of our society is that we can elect to 2 terms a crooked Chicago Politician and should Hilary follow that with another proven crook will show what a sad state this nation has become…....

I may move to Texas when they secede…..LOL

Signature 

“If I get Manziel disease, I want every one of you all to get your mikes and start slapping me on the head”

Jameis Winston: 2013

Posted: 27 December 2012 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1117
Joined  2012-05-08

if they pass gun legislation, there might be hell to pay

Signature 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUkxIDlCAAMr7Vq.jpg

Posted: 27 December 2012 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6339
Joined  2008-10-29
GoTigers712 - 27 December 2012 11:56 AM

if they pass gun legislation, there might be hell to pay

CU_Tigers4life - 27 December 2012 11:31 AM

I may move to Texas when they secede…..LOL

These two go hand in hand for me.  Seriously considering it.  This is all I am worried about right now.  Obama could plunge the country back into civil war.

Signature 

FIRE CHAD MORRIS, SHOTGUN EXTRAORDINAIRE!!!!!!!!!!  Also fire Robbie Caldwell and Cole Stoudt.

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 27 December 2012 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1117
Joined  2012-05-08

my only issue with sucession is where would we get foreign support from because it would be necessary. probably russia, china, cuba….countries that the general population of texas wouldnt really see eye to eye with

Signature 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUkxIDlCAAMr7Vq.jpg

Posted: 27 December 2012 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-28

Hilarious…. simply hilarious.

Signature 

“Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience.”

Posted: 28 December 2012 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2009-07-04

Here’s what I think:

POLITICAL POST HAVE NO FREAKING BUSINESS ON A SPORTS SITE. GO BASH WHO YOU WANT AND GIVE YOUR USELESS OPINIONS TO THOSE WHO LOG ON TO JUMP INTO THE POLITICAL FRAY.

I WISH SP WOULD REMOVE ANY POST WITH POLITICAL OVERTONES.

Posted: 28 December 2012 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6339
Joined  2008-10-29

I don’t.  To many websites remove any form of political discussion.  If this is no place for it, where is?  Why run from a discussion or the hot topics of today?  Cowardly move, this is the problem with America.  No one wants to face whats going on…..would rather put it on the back burner and act like it never happened, ignore it.  Gun control?  OH NO SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU CAN’T TALK ABOUT THAT, I’M OFFENDED YOU EVEN MENTIONED IT!  Can’t tell you how many places have deleted gun control posts, its like we are living in North Korea or China or something….....censorship at its finest.  Please.  Wake up!

I don’t see a problem with a little back and forth with politics, just like football.  I don’t like the same teams as TB12, same as politics…..does it mean we can’t talk football because we might disagree or post something touchy to someone?

Signature 

FIRE CHAD MORRIS, SHOTGUN EXTRAORDINAIRE!!!!!!!!!!  Also fire Robbie Caldwell and Cole Stoudt.

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 28 December 2012 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-04

I can discuss my opinion and support them with or against anyone. No one is “afraid” to discuss these subjects. If you can’t find sites that are geared toward politics and “discussion”, there is this wonderful invention called the internet and google and all sorts of fun things you can type to find.

I don’t ever see sports being discussed on political boards because it is not appropriate and the purpose of the site.

Obviously do what you want to do but I just hope this site doesn’t become what you and TB want out of it, which is your own version of Facebook. Maybe you’ll let me know what you ate for lunch or when you take a dump…... i’m just so interested.

Posted: 28 December 2012 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  979
Joined  2012-05-17

I agree with Orange and Purple, but for a different reason.  Why are you lunatics so heavily opinionated over any of this crap?  I am neither democratic or republican and when I vote I chose people from both sides of the ticket.  However, when you guys ramble on about government taking guns away, states seceding, and civil war, it makes me question every other post you make on this board.  That kind of crazy talk is not for a board that talks about college football for the simple fact that most people talking college football should be somewhat educated.  The government has no idea how many registered guns are in the US or how to find them.  Do you think that the someone will come and knock on all 250 million people’s doors and ask for them to turnover any guns?  Come on man, the time it would take to do that along with the research and the probability of collecting, storing, and counting all of that is insane and would take decades to do.  Places like SC with very loose gun control laws would never be able to collect them all.  Also, how many people would get shot knocking on someone’s door asking to turnover their guns?  Would the government send out people knowing this was imminatly going to happen?  The government would never even attempt to do this because it’s too complex and believing something like this puts you at a disadvantage in life.  People posting garbage like that should have their laptops taken away, which would be easier to do than taking away guns, because they’re all connected to a network and send out signals via the internet with personalized MAC addresses.

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 28 December 2012 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

I have been chatting with you guys in some cases several years.  I consider you friends as much as this venue will allow.  The section, “The Back Porch”, was designed specifically for non-sports related discussions…..  If you don’t want to participate…...then don’t.  That’s cool.  Not everyone has the political bug.  But please don’t berate the rest of us that wants to participate…....

I rather like discussion the events of the times with folks I have grown to know in a forum where frankly the quality of the conversation is far better than a typical political website where people are just blasting each other…....

We live in some fairly serious times and even the most die-hard sports fans still cares about what’s happen and there is not a think wrong with us tossing a few things around.

Signature 

“If I get Manziel disease, I want every one of you all to get your mikes and start slapping me on the head”

Posted: 28 December 2012 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-04

If this is the Back Porch section and the intent is for “discussions” as noted, then I apologize. I had no idea that a sports site would/should allow for this type of posts. I will not participate as I think it is mostly anti-productive as serious issues are not resolved on a fan “board” but if you like to, knock yourself out.

Sports is a method I use to get away from the difficult, complex and often times combative parts of my daily life and I prefer to keep it that way. Enjoy.

Posted: 28 December 2012 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  979
Joined  2012-05-17

True, everyone still has freedom of speech but discussing topics about people taking away guns is like discussing the 12-21 end of the world debacle.  That’s all I’ll say on that and leave you guys in peace, and with my guns.

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 28 December 2012 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

BackPorch
Current events, news, politics, movies, pro sports, fantasy sports and more. Just about anything goes on The Back Porch, a forum for anything but college football.
Moderators: BJ Bennett,admin,Charlie K.

This is the header of this section…..FYI

I am scared to ask, but have you seen any good movies lately?.....

Signature 

Posted: 29 December 2012 10:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-28

Well, Tickle you never cease to amaze me. You and I are very similar I think. At least on political issues. Not identical… but similar.

About guns…

I have an awesome gun collection that has been in my family for over 150 years. I got an old gun used by the Indians way back. I say this because I am actually a NRA member believe it or not.

However, I don’t shoot deer with M1 carbine. 270’s, 30-30’s etc….. NOBODY IS GOING TO TAKE AWAY YOUR GUNS. Machine guns? I sure as hell hope so. Nobody, even gun collectors need machine guns. Now, former military guys who want to keep their guns….. that needs to be a perk for our service people. They’ve earned that right. Others…. no way. We must get them off our streets.

This is the Back Porch… it’s for political discussion, food discussion, we used to have great hottie threads on this page. I follow Southern Pigskin’s Facebook page and the go about 50-50 football and current events. I have never seen political talk on their Facebook page. But they have a great Facebook page with a whole bunch of fans following it.

I want to see the new movie about Lincoln.

Signature 

Posted: 29 December 2012 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
TB12 - 29 December 2012 10:15 AM

Well, Tickle you never cease to amaze me. You and I are very similar I think. At least on political issues. Not identical… but similar.

About guns…

I have an awesome gun collection that has been in my family for over 150 years. I got an old gun used by the Indians way back. I say this because I am actually a NRA member believe it or not.

However, I don’t shoot dear with M1 carbine. 270’s, 30-30’s etc….. NOBODY IS GOING TO TAKE AWAY YOUR GUNS. Machine guns? I sure as hell hope so. Nobody, even gun collectors need machine guns. Now, former military guys who want to keep their guns….. that needs to be a perk for our service people. They’ve earned that right. Others…. no way. We must get them off our streets.

This is the Back Porch… it’s for political discussion, food discussion, we used to have great hottie threads on this page. I follow Southern Pigskin’s Facebook page and the go about 50-50 football and current events. I have never seen political talk on their Facebook page. But they have a great Facebook page with a whole bunch of fans following it.

I want to see the new movie about Lincoln.

Well said TB…..It is actually pleasant to speak with an actual gun owner/collector to speak about this issue with some perspective…

My concern is when people use the very generic term “Gun Control”, that is a turn off.  That is about as accurate as the term “people”.  I want to here specific ideas….I would not be fore anything that is not designed to truly reduce gun crimes…...There has to be a balance here and I am interested and open to suggestions…

For the record I do not own a firearm but have frequently thought about it.  I have fears of my kids getting into it and having an accident.  They are bit now of age where if I get one, it would be with all family member’s taking an NRA certified classes on the proper use and care…..My 15 year is expressing an interest in going to gun ranges and I am on the fence about that…...I look forward to your thoughts on this topic.

Signature 

1 of 3