So will Virginia Tech play like they care?
Posted: 28 December 2012 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  409
Joined  2012-02-17

I think that is the key in bowl games like these. Rutgers is probably excited to be there. I guess the motivation for VT is avoiding a losing season.

Signature 

The artist formerly known as 4thNNole

Posted: 28 December 2012 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  457
Joined  2011-04-22

Rutgers can’t be thrilled either, as they gave away a Sugar Bowl berth vs. Louisville.

Despite the record, VT in the ACC No. 3 bowl slot is probably what most of us guessed in the preseason. Shouldn’t really be that much disappointment from the Hokies.

I think Rutgers wins because Rutgers is the better team. Don’t see motivation really impacting this one like it does others.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 28 December 2012 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5424
Joined  2008-10-29

VT will win, based solely on the fact that their preseason Heisman QB is so tall.  My god he is tall…...#1 draft pick IMO (really Heather Dinich’s fantasy land).  I bet she is just itching to watch him play tonight, getting a bit antsy.  Can’t wait to see her love notes to him in the ESPN ACC blog.

But really…..Rutgers should win.

Signature 

2014 BCS Orange Bowl Champions
Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

“First team from the state of South Carolina to win a BCS bowl” - Dabo Swinney

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 28 December 2012 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2650
Joined  2011-02-04

I picked Rutgers to win too, but I actually feel better about this one than any other ACC team outside of FSU. I really lost faith in any ACC team winning their bowl games.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 28 December 2012 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

LMAO VT, hahahahaha.  Might be a longggggggggggggg night.  Logan Thomas is overrated.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 28 December 2012 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

VT looking TERRIBLE.  I find it funny.  I mean, they look worse then Boston College.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 28 December 2012 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2650
Joined  2011-02-04

The rumor is that Bryan Stinespring will be reassigned on offense and Mike O’Cain will be gone. VT is long over due for a good OC.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 28 December 2012 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  175
Joined  2009-08-04

Gents…following the banter.  Yep, we are plain bad this year.  It is NOT all on the coaches though.  There is the issue of individualism on VT that has reared it’s ugly head since the middle part of the last decade.  Some players play…some “players” play the system to elevate themselves.  This is where coaching (or lack thereof) is exposed.  Our coaching staff has never been able to get a handle on this…even after Kirk Herbstreit called VT out on this a few years ago.

I think Hokie Nation is really confused and ticked right now…however, there is a loyalty to old Frank.  Who knows where this will go in the future…we do have an excellent 2013 recruiting class.  Just like this post, things are rambling in Blacksburg.

Posted: 28 December 2012 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  175
Joined  2009-08-04

One more thing to add…to my last rambling post (this one is even more so!).  VT just does not look like a well coached team (penalties, mistakes, discipline).  We have issues…like a month to practice for this bowl and looking absolutely unprepared.  Even if we pull a wild hair out of our 4th point of contact (Clem, you will understand that vernacular) and win this game…we still have major issues.  I’m just another arm-chair QB caring about my team…but damn, we seem to have lost our hard-nosed ID.

Posted: 28 December 2012 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  279
Joined  2009-04-27

I have fallen asleep three times and when I awake the score is still the same.
The only excitement in this presentation from the Worldwide Leader is the Rutger’s players singing My Girl.
” I bet you’ll say what can make the offense play , nothing ,talkin’ ‘bout nothing , nothin’ !”

Posted: 28 December 2012 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Oh come on Harry this is JUST like an Alabama game.  Like that regular season Alabama vs LSU matchup last year (hell this year too), I set a world record for yawns.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 28 December 2012 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

So will VT pull a horse shoe out?  I mean they do have a gamechicken on their helmet.  We’ll see here.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 28 December 2012 10:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Not sure either of these teams have the offense to play OT….

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 28 December 2012 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Saved by a kicker, two kickers.  TERRIBLE offense.  I can’t wait to see this pitiful offense against Bama next year in the chickfila kickoff game LMAO.

To bad, was hoping the ACC would tank pretty much every bowl.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 29 December 2012 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5558
Joined  2008-10-28
SWVADON - 28 December 2012 08:51 PM

One more thing to add…to my last rambling post (this one is even more so!).  VT just does not look like a well coached team (penalties, mistakes, discipline).  We have issues…like a month to practice for this bowl and looking absolutely unprepared.  Even if we pull a wild hair out of our 4th point of contact (Clem, you will understand that vernacular) and win this game…we still have major issues.  I’m just another arm-chair QB caring about my team…but damn, we seem to have lost our hard-nosed ID.

Don, growing up in VA and going to school there, I’ve followed VT from a distance my whole life. You obviously know the Hokies are not my team.

VT is a mess. Rutgers was more talented than VT. They have better players and that’s hard to believe. I watched your game this season against GT and I told a buddy of mine after that game that that was 2 very average to below average teams. I proved to be a Prophet now. However I remember that game thinking holy cow what has happen to VT.

Your QB is a mess. He needs to change positions. Your offense has been under performing for years. You know what they say, “it’s about the jimmy’s and joe’s” not the x’s and o’s…. well, your former QB’s and RB’s were very good Jimmy’s and Joe’s and that covered up the mess they call the Hokie offense or the x’s and o’s.

Defensively I do not see a great defense. I’ve seen the VT fans here pound their chest about how good the Hokie defense is. Ha Ha… Bud Foster didn’t just forget how to coach. He’s an elite one…. however talent wise slightly better than average but very good or elite, NO WAY.

If VT can’t win 10 every year in the ACC they will get beat down and destroyed in the SEC, where they eventually end up.

I hope for your sake, you’re replacing your entire offense staff and QB. If you don’t, next year will be worse. Exum is graduating and he’s your best defensive player. And perhaps most of all….. Shane needs to get his butt in gear and get some players in Blacksburg. Players that can lead, quality guys verses the thugs you got of which NONE of them are leaders.

Hang in there…. we suck too.

Signature 

“Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience.”

TB12, the most mis-understood poster on Southernpigskin.com

Posted: 29 December 2012 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  294
Joined  2012-06-19

Of course people have been calling for changes on the offensive staff for years.

I think VT’s problems really started to surface last year.  This year’s team wasn’t much worse than last year’s IMO

-  VT barely beats ECU 17-10
-  VT beats Miami on a miracle 4th down play 38-35 (After the Canes had stolen all the momentum
-  VT squeaks by Duke 14-10
-  VT beats GT 37-26.  GT had all of the momentum until that personal foul was called.  I think if we had to punt on that drive the outcome of the game would have been much different
-  VT beats UNC 24-21 There were so many bad calls favoring VT…  It was the worst officiating I’ve ever witnessed… 

So really—-> those are 5 wins that could have easily been losses.  The difference is this year… the new wrinkles in the offense backfired and Logan regressed.  And we just ended up on the other side of the luck coin…  Last year we were extremely lucky…  Then extremely unfortunate to not have our kicker for the Sugar Bowl… and extremely unfortunate that Danny Coales pass was somehow overturned by “indisputable evidence”  (Yes, I’m still bitter)

‹‹ Duke vs Cincinnati     Logan Thomas ››