Logan Thomas
Posted: 28 December 2012 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  439
Joined  2012-02-17

Hokie fans I will admit I have not watched many of your games. Based on the few I have seen it really looks like Logan Thomas has gotten much worse from last year. Tonight he has been very inaccurate. Not even close on some. I’m actually surprised Beamer hasn’t put in a backup. What’s his deal? Not too long ago people were calling him the next Cam Newton.

Signature 

The artist formerly known as 4thNNole

Posted: 29 December 2012 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1455
Joined  2009-10-20
1stNNole - 28 December 2012 10:16 PM

Hokie fans I will admit I have not watched many of your games. Based on the few I have seen it really looks like Logan Thomas has gotten much worse from last year. Tonight he has been very inaccurate. Not even close on some. I’m actually surprised Beamer hasn’t put in a backup. What’s his deal? Not too long ago people were calling him the next Cam Newton.

Combo of things. Worse OL in 25 years has caused him to anticipate pressure which has caused mechanical flaws. The flaws are much more pronounced when you’re 6’6” vs 6’0”. O’Cain can’t help him, hence, he’s being run out of town.

Furthermore, we have no running game. Worse running game since 1971. So the D drops 8. Lost our best WR (DJ Coles) in the first half of the first game. Thankfully, he was granted a Medical RS and will return. All that makes it hard.

Now, for icing on the cake he led our team in rushing and rushing attempts. Don’t care how big and strong your are. If you’re getting hit 25-30 times a game, it will affect your throwing.

All in all the talent is there, super-size, super strong arm, and off the chart athleticism. He set the VT single season offensive record for yards from scrimmage in a season last year as a Soph. His choices are bounce back from a bad Jr year or become a late first to third round NFL draft pick. Either way kid’s got a bright future.

Signature 

I won’t be money but I’ll wager avatar’s….I’ll use a Logan Thomas Avatar for an entire season if I lose and if I win you have to have some type of Clemson Avatar.

-CU_Tigers4Life (01-26-2013)

Posted: 29 December 2012 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5943
Joined  2008-10-29

You really see him going first round?  I honestly don’t see him till probably 3rd if at all.  Especially with the QB prospects coming out.  Geno Smith, Laundry Jones, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, Mike Glennon, Sean Renfree, Collin Klein, and maybe Aaron Murray.  All noticeably better then Thomas.  He would be smart to head back to VT IMO.

Signature 

2014 BCS Orange Bowl Champions
Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

“First team from the state of South Carolina to win a BCS bowl” - Dabo Swinney

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 29 December 2012 05:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1455
Joined  2009-10-20
Clemtgrs - 29 December 2012 04:01 PM

You really see him going first round?  I honestly don’t see him till probably 3rd if at all.  Especially with the QB prospects coming out.  Geno Smith, Laundry Jones, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, Mike Glennon, Sean Renfree, Collin Klein, and maybe Aaron Murray.  All noticeably better then Thomas.  He would be smart to head back to VT IMO.

I’m not qualified to make that projection, but folks like Kiper and Mayock have him that high.

He has size, strength, speed, and arm strength that many of those you mentioned don’t have. He can play. He proved it time and time again last year. You don’t just get lucky for 14 games. Most of his issues are mechanical for the host of reasons I listed above. He’ll get better coaching in the NFL, no doubt. I’m sure they think/know that they can fix mechanics, but they can’t fix/teach his God-given gifts.

I’d say it’s 50/50 he returns. He’d be turning away good money but if the new VT QB Coach can fix the mechanics, then he’s perhaps a top 5 pick next year.

Signature 

I won’t be money but I’ll wager avatar’s….I’ll use a Logan Thomas Avatar for an entire season if I lose and if I win you have to have some type of Clemson Avatar.

-CU_Tigers4Life (01-26-2013)

Posted: 30 December 2012 11:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5242
Joined  2008-11-01

NFL draft scout rates him the 4th rated quarterback coming out in 2014. Hard to say where he would be this year based on that.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89810&draftyear=2014&genpos=QB

Signature 

I’m your Huckleberry

FSU has beaten the SEC champ at least 8 times, and we don’t even play in the SEC, lol:

FSU beat the 1987 SEC champs 34-6
FSU beat the 1988 SEC champs 13-7
FSU beat the 1989 SEC champs 22-14
FSU beat the 1993 SEC champs 33-21
FSU beat the 1994 SEC champs 23-17
FSU beat the 1996 SEC champs 24-21
FSU beat the 2000 SEC champs 30-7
FSU beat the 2013 SEC champs 34-31

Give it up for the SEC, a conference which almost beat FSU