Win’s a win.  ACC…..
Posted: 28 December 2012 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1455
Joined  2009-10-20

better take what it can get. Defense was nasty as usual.  Offense was nasty—in other ways—as usual.

A lot of smoke about Pep Hamilton and a few of his position coaches heading back east to Blacksburg. The next several weeks should be interesting, regardless. New WR Coach, new QB Coach, new OL Coach, and new OC. New offensive identity in any case.

Whoever it is will be an upgrade and I’ll, obviously, be pleased.

Signature 

I won’t be money but I’ll wager avatar’s….I’ll use a Logan Thomas Avatar for an entire season if I lose and if I win you have to have some type of Clemson Avatar.

-CU_Tigers4Life (01-26-2013)

Posted: 29 December 2012 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1873
Joined  2009-09-09

That game was painful to watch. For Logan Thomas to continue getting the hype he receives is truly astounding….....

Not really a whole lot more to say about this stinker.  The Win did not help the ACC brand at all…..

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 29 December 2012 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5558
Joined  2008-10-28
CU_Tigers4life - 29 December 2012 10:18 AM

That game was painful to watch. For Logan Thomas to continue getting the hype he receives is truly astounding….....

Not really a whole lot more to say about this stinker.  The Win did not help the ACC brand at all…..

I agree with everything you said except the win helping the ACC’s brand. Think about how it would be if VT lost..

That was a big win for the ACC. If they would have lost that one it would have been bad.

Yes, ugly win. But it’s a win.

Signature 

“Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience.”

TB12, the most mis-understood poster on Southernpigskin.com

Posted: 29 December 2012 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2149
Joined  2009-01-07

An ugly win is better than any loss. The big loser is the person that agreed to the VT helmet change.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 29 December 2012 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5420
Joined  2008-10-29

I can’t even believe this decision is being weighed upon.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/50508/logan-thomas-has-decision-to-make

Signature 

2014 BCS Orange Bowl Champions
Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

“First team from the state of South Carolina to win a BCS bowl” - Dabo Swinney

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 29 December 2012 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1455
Joined  2009-10-20
Curggr - 29 December 2012 12:03 PM

An ugly win is better than any loss. The big loser is the person that agreed to the VT helmet change.

Sorry, dude. Best helmet we’ve ever worn. New age matte look with the newer styled stripes combined with the old-school “Fighting Gobbler.” 

Loved everything about it.

Signature 

I won’t be money but I’ll wager avatar’s….I’ll use a Logan Thomas Avatar for an entire season if I lose and if I win you have to have some type of Clemson Avatar.

-CU_Tigers4Life (01-26-2013)

Posted: 29 December 2012 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1873
Joined  2009-09-09
TB12 - 29 December 2012 10:45 AM

I agree with everything you said except the win helping the ACC’s brand. Think about how it would be if VT lost..

That was a big win for the ACC. If they would have lost that one it would have been bad.

Yes, ugly win. But it’s a win.

If VPI had won against an SEC, B12, Pac12 or “current” B1G school then I would agree, but barely winning against a BE school that is falling apart is less than stellar….......but I agree that a win is better than a loss.

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 29 December 2012 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2649
Joined  2011-02-04

I thought it was a good win, albeit ugly as hell.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 29 December 2012 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

It was ugly I agree.  Whats funny is how big media portrays this one as a BAD, BORING game…...but when Alabama loses to LSU 9-6 in OT its the greatest game in college football history.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 29 December 2012 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2010-09-06
Clemtgrs - 29 December 2012 03:14 PM

It was ugly I agree.  Whats funny is how big media portrays this one as a BAD, BORING game…...but when Alabama loses to LSU 9-6 in OT its the greatest game in college football history.

That’s because LSU and Bama were the two best teams in the nation and both can play defense something your team knows nothing about.

You couldn’t stop our second team QB and RB LOL. So much for Venerables great D. What an upgrade from Steele LOL. At least no one has put 70 on you yet.

The funny thing is you will get to see LSUs D first hand. I can’t wait. This is not a terrible Auburn team here.

ACC ACC ACC finally won a bowl game ACC ACC ACC.

Signature 

FLORIDA STATE vs.:

Alabama 1-2-1
Auburn 4-13-1
Florida 19-33-2
Georgia 4-6-1
Kentucky 1-4-1
LSU 7-2-0
Ole Miss 0-1-0
Mississippi State 7-2-0
Tennessee 1-1-0
Total: 44-64-6

Give it up for FSU a team dominated by the SEC

Posted: 29 December 2012 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2149
Joined  2009-01-07
Evan(s) Williams - 29 December 2012 02:39 PM
Curggr - 29 December 2012 12:03 PM

Sorry, dude. Best helmet we’ve ever worn. New age matte look with the newer styled stripes combined with the old-school “Fighting Gobbler.” 

Loved everything about it.

Difference of opinion. That’s okay. I didn’t mind the matte look, but was not a fan of the gobbler.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 29 December 2012 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Yes we will see LSU’s D…...I’m interested to see what you say if we end up winning the game.  Will probably have to wait a month or two to see you online again though.  We will see LSU primetime with no other games on TV while you see a very disappointing Michigan team in the Outback bowl as the 6th best team in your conference in the same time slot as the SEC East champs.  Have fun.

The point still remains, this game is no uglier then the Bama vs LSU game that didn’t hit double digits and went to OT.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35