Logan Thomas is not Ready for the NFL
Posted: 29 December 2012 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2008-11-09

VT fans, I’ll be interested to get your thoughts on this one.

http://www.southernpigskin.com/ACC/view/logan-thomas-is-not-ready-for-the-nfl

Signature 

“Southern football is why my grandmother spent fall Saturday’s in orange capris, blue reebok classics and alligator jewelry and had a football card of Danny Wuerffel taped to her dresser. It’s the same reason why my mom can’t watch the fourth quarter, my dad won’t watch the first quarter and my uncle and his two sons have walked around Valdosta, Georgia with a little more pep in their step since December 7th, 2002.”

—B.J. Bennett, Down Here I

Posted: 29 December 2012 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1928
Joined  2009-09-09

It was a good read, but I don’t think LT will ever be a good QB in the NFL.  With that said, if he has the chance to be a second round pick or higher I would say he needs to go and begin the development process under hopefully competent people…....I see little chance for LT have a noticeable improvement next year as a Hokie…..Something is going really wrong at VT and I think the potential for LT’s stock to drop lower than where he is now is a real probability.

In short, he needs to get the best NFL deal that he can because if he doesn’t make it, he may as well make second round money rather than 4-6 round money

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 29 December 2012 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1455
Joined  2009-10-20
CU_Tigers4life - 29 December 2012 05:12 PM

It was a good read, but I don’t think LT will ever be a good QB in the NFL.  With that said, if he has the chance to be a second round pick or higher I would say he needs to go and begin the development process under hopefully competent people…....I see little chance for LT have a noticeable improvement next year as a Hokie…..Something is going really wrong at VT and I think the potential for LT’s stock to drop lower than where he is now is a real probability.

In short, he needs to get the best NFL deal that he can because if he doesn’t make it, he may as well make second round money rather than 4-6 round money

Will depend on the new offensive staff at VT, but that’s a definite possibility.

Signature 

I won’t be money but I’ll wager avatar’s….I’ll use a Logan Thomas Avatar for an entire season if I lose and if I win you have to have some type of Clemson Avatar.

-CU_Tigers4Life (01-26-2013)

Posted: 29 December 2012 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  296
Joined  2012-07-10

I watched him play a number of times this season and he really has a lot of work to do. If I were an NFL team, I wouldn’t draft him higher than the 6th or 7th round. He has bust written all over him.

Signature 

WE’RE GOING BOWLING!!!!!!

Posted: 29 December 2012 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5550
Joined  2008-10-29
WadeWacko - 29 December 2012 05:53 PM

I watched him play a number of times this season and he really has a lot of work to do. If I were an NFL team, I wouldn’t draft him higher than the 6th or 7th round. He has bust written all over him.

Totally agree with this.

Signature 

2014 BCS Orange Bowl Champions
Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

“First team from the state of South Carolina to win a BCS bowl” - Dabo Swinney

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 30 December 2012 11:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5183
Joined  2008-11-01

Have to agree. One thing a quarterback absolutely has to have is accuracy and I haven’t seen that so far with Thomas. Trent Dilfer had a big arm and went nowhere.

I say the same about Manuel, he can’t throw the ball straight.

Signature 

I’m your Huckleberry

FSU has beaten the SEC champ at least 8 times, and we don’t even play in the SEC, lol:

FSU beat the 1987 SEC champs 34-6
FSU beat the 1988 SEC champs 13-7
FSU beat the 1989 SEC champs 22-14
FSU beat the 1993 SEC champs 33-21
FSU beat the 1994 SEC champs 23-17
FSU beat the 1996 SEC champs 24-21
FSU beat the 2000 SEC champs 30-7
FSU beat the 2013 SEC champs 34-31

Give it up for the SEC, a conference which almost beat FSU