1 of 10
Clemson vs LSU
Posted: 31 December 2012 12:03 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5416
Joined  2008-10-29

So realistically, what do you expect out of this game?  I know no one and their mother is giving Clemson a chance…..I kinda like it, hope the players are hearing the same thing.  Much different noise then they heard last year in Miami where Clemson was supposed to roll…..

Watching some of LSU this year, they are bi-polar.  Crazy talented, great defense but play very head scratching games.  Some are great and dominate, others are well…..Townson, Auburn, Arkansas etc.  Its going to be a physical game.  I fully expect Clemson to come out strong and have a good showing, can they last the whole game?  Thats the big question we all want to know.  Can we win?  If we can hang in the game, yes I think we can win.  LSU doesn’t want to be there, we have something to prove.  At least lets hope so.

Here are my keys for Clemson:
1.  Defense (all of it), but mainly being able to stop the run and get to Mettenberger, his one game of his life came against Alabama and I honestly don’t see him doing much in the air.  Although the way our DBs have played all year…..we’ve been able to stop the run enough to have me satisfied, but does that come at a price that our secondary gets burned once again?  I sure hope not, we HAVE to be better in the secondary or we’ll make a terrible QB look like a 1st round draft choice.

2.  Offensive line.  We see how they crumbled against USCjr, question is can they hold the line long enough, specifically the ends.

3.  Don’t abandon the plan to early.  During the USCjr game we abandoned some offensive sets WAY to early and never went back to them.  This however is the double edged sword, we’ve seen where Morris (or Boyd if he audibles) likes to be hardheaded and keep the plan thats not working (Like Boyd runs).  Need to find that balance again.

4.  KICK THE GDAMN BALL OUT OF THE GDAMN ENDZONE.

5.  Keep the pace.  Need to go fast fast fast and wear down that LSU defense.

I’m really cautiously excited about this game.  Its the exact same feeling I had going into the Peach Bowl against Tennessee years ago, hope it has the same results.  Going to be tough, but thats what it takes to get to the next level, I’m ready.  GO TIGERS…the orange ones!

Signature 

2014 BCS Orange Bowl Champions
Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

“First team from the state of South Carolina to win a BCS bowl” - Dabo Swinney

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 31 December 2012 01:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5178
Joined  2008-11-01

I would like to see Clemson win this game. In some ways Clemson is like the current FSU team, you never know what they are going to do.

Signature 

I’m your Huckleberry

FSU has beaten the SEC champ at least 8 times, and we don’t even play in the SEC, lol:

FSU beat the 1987 SEC champs 34-6
FSU beat the 1988 SEC champs 13-7
FSU beat the 1989 SEC champs 22-14
FSU beat the 1993 SEC champs 33-21
FSU beat the 1994 SEC champs 23-17
FSU beat the 1996 SEC champs 24-21
FSU beat the 2000 SEC champs 30-7
FSU beat the 2013 SEC champs 34-31

Give it up for the SEC, a conference which almost beat FSU

Posted: 31 December 2012 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2012-06-16
Clemtgrs - 31 December 2012 12:03 AM

Here are my keys for Clemson:
1.  Defense (all of it), but mainly being able to stop the run and get to Mettenberger, his one game of his life came against Alabama and I honestly don’t see him doing much in the air.  Although the way our DBs have played all year…..we’ve been able to stop the run enough to have me satisfied, but does that come at a price that our secondary gets burned once again?  I sure hope not, we HAVE to be better in the secondary or we’ll make a terrible QB look like a 1st round draft choice.
As some of the others have said, we have to load the box and make Mettenberger beat us through the air.  Otherwise, they’ll have the ball for 40+ minutes and we have no chance.  I’d like to see us do what the FN Redskins did to my Boys last night.  They brought constant pressure from all sides, played inside the uniforms of the Dallas WRs (most of the time, there was a little zone thrown in) and made Romo think fast.  Of course, we don’t have DeAngelo Hall at CB

2.  Offensive line.  We see how they crumbled against USCjr, question is can they hold the line long enough, specifically the ends.
I miss D. Allen.  We have 2 options here.  1. Keep a TE (or two) on the line.  It does no good to have four receivers in a pattern if Tajh can’t get past his second read.  That also sets up a play opportunity in short yardage or redzone when they’ve all but forgotten the TE as a threat.  2. Keep the pocket moving.  Roll Tajh out with a run/pass option.  Keep their D running from side to side.  Tajh is pretty good on the move.  That also sucks up the DBs and gives Sammy and Co. a chance to get behind them.  I think this will be a Sammy-heavy gameplan.  Those jet sweeps which were missing in the SCar game help keep the ends honest.

3.  Don’t abandon the plan to early.  During the USCjr game we abandoned some offensive sets WAY to early and never went back to them.  This however is the double edged sword, we’ve seen where Morris (or Boyd if he audibles) likes to be hardheaded and keep the plan thats not working (Like Boyd runs).  Need to find that balance again.

4.  KICK THE GDAMN BALL OUT OF THE GDAMN ENDZONE.
This scares me.  LSU always has some ridiculously fast little waterbug returning kicks and our coverage teams have been less than stellar

5.  Keep the pace.  Need to go fast fast fast and wear down that LSU defense.
This is key

I’m really cautiously excited about this game.  Its the exact same feeling I had going into the Peach Bowl against Tennessee years ago, hope it has the same results.  Going to be tough, but thats what it takes to get to the next level, I’m ready.  GO TIGERS…the orange ones!

I’m not really that hopeful here to be perfectly honest.  What you said about LSU going through the motions and Clemson amped to be there is our only chance.  I would like a good clean competitive game.  A respectable showing and an offseason without LSU jokes.  Go Tigers!

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 31 December 2012 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1871
Joined  2009-09-09

I absolutely think we can win this game.  There is a strategy to beat any team with enough talent…..and we have enough talent if the strategy is sound.  We all agree we cannot allow LSU’s offense to grind out time consuming drives…..If Dabo get’s a macho streak and want’s to go toe to toe then we are dicked….

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 31 December 2012 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2611
Joined  2008-10-30

I saw the ACC vs. the “SEC, SEC, SEC, ...” is 10-10 in this bowl game. I hope Clemson wins bc it will help FSU’s rep. I just don’t trust their D though.

Signature 

2012 ACC Football Champions
2012 Orange Bowl Champions
2013 Florida state Champions
2013 ACC Football Champions
2013 NCAA National Champions

“This is our time, it ain’t their time!”
-Jimbo

Posted: 31 December 2012 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Might be a LONGGGGGGGGGGGG night boys.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 31 December 2012 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5178
Joined  2008-11-01

Bad call running Watkins up the middle, he is a wide receiver not a running back. Now he has a busted up leg and he was the best hope of winning this one. I am afraid it is all over for Clemson after the second play.

Signature 

I’m your Huckleberry

FSU has beaten the SEC champ at least 8 times, and we don’t even play in the SEC, lol:

FSU beat the 1987 SEC champs 34-6
FSU beat the 1988 SEC champs 13-7
FSU beat the 1989 SEC champs 22-14
FSU beat the 1993 SEC champs 33-21
FSU beat the 1994 SEC champs 23-17
FSU beat the 1996 SEC champs 24-21
FSU beat the 2000 SEC champs 30-7
FSU beat the 2013 SEC champs 34-31

Give it up for the SEC, a conference which almost beat FSU

Posted: 31 December 2012 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Don’t give up hope just yet Seminole, if you’ve forgotten Sammy is not our best player this year.  But if we keep doing dumb 1yd runs up the middle then yes it will be over.  Still hope, still a lot of game.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 31 December 2012 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

See, we can do it without Watkins…..again question becomes, can we last against a hard hitting Defense?

Here comes our defense up, time to hold your breath.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 31 December 2012 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2012-01-05

Nice Drive.  I think this will be a good game.  ACC doing good so far this bowl season, nice to see.

Posted: 31 December 2012 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Where has this Clemson Defense been all year???

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 31 December 2012 09:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Tied up!  We got a game folks!!  Hopkins!  If we keep this up I think we can get this one.

Well ok pending extra point.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 31 December 2012 09:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

LOL see FML

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 31 December 2012 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2012-01-05

these REFs are bad.

Posted: 31 December 2012 10:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

The SEC Thuggery is bad too.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 31 December 2012 10:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

14-13 at halftime.  I like what I see.  We always come out soft in the 3rd, we HAVE to come out firing.  I love what I’m seeing from Clemson, looks like we actually prepared for a game.  KEEP IT UP TIGERS!!!!

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

1 of 10

‹‹ Jersey Etiquette     ACC in bowl games ››