So realistically, what do you expect out of this game? I know no one and their mother is giving Clemson a chance…..I kinda like it, hope the players are hearing the same thing. Much different noise then they heard last year in Miami where Clemson was supposed to roll…..
Watching some of LSU this year, they are bi-polar. Crazy talented, great defense but play very head scratching games. Some are great and dominate, others are well…..Townson, Auburn, Arkansas etc. Its going to be a physical game. I fully expect Clemson to come out strong and have a good showing, can they last the whole game? Thats the big question we all want to know. Can we win? If we can hang in the game, yes I think we can win. LSU doesn’t want to be there, we have something to prove. At least lets hope so.
Here are my keys for Clemson:
1. Defense (all of it), but mainly being able to stop the run and get to Mettenberger, his one game of his life came against Alabama and I honestly don’t see him doing much in the air. Although the way our DBs have played all year…..we’ve been able to stop the run enough to have me satisfied, but does that come at a price that our secondary gets burned once again? I sure hope not, we HAVE to be better in the secondary or we’ll make a terrible QB look like a 1st round draft choice.
2. Offensive line. We see how they crumbled against USCjr, question is can they hold the line long enough, specifically the ends.
3. Don’t abandon the plan to early. During the USCjr game we abandoned some offensive sets WAY to early and never went back to them. This however is the double edged sword, we’ve seen where Morris (or Boyd if he audibles) likes to be hardheaded and keep the plan thats not working (Like Boyd runs). Need to find that balance again.
4. KICK THE GDAMN BALL OUT OF THE GDAMN ENDZONE.
5. Keep the pace. Need to go fast fast fast and wear down that LSU defense.
I’m really cautiously excited about this game. Its the exact same feeling I had going into the Peach Bowl against Tennessee years ago, hope it has the same results. Going to be tough, but thats what it takes to get to the next level, I’m ready. GO TIGERS…the orange ones!