1 of 2
WE. NEEDED. THAT.
Posted: 01 January 2013 02:12 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  150
Joined  2012-05-22

All the same problems we’ve had all year, but this time we managed to pull it out in the end (w/a little bit of luck…but that never hurts).  WE. NEEDED. THAT.  That is all.

Signature 

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Losers practice until they get it right.  Winners practice until they can’t get it wrong.

Posted: 01 January 2013 03:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5821
Joined  2008-10-29

Yes we sure did.  Almost like a weight is just lifted off the programs shoulders.

Signature 

2014 BCS Orange Bowl Champions
Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

“First team from the state of South Carolina to win a BCS bowl” - Dabo Swinney

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 01 January 2013 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1971
Joined  2009-09-09
4schitzngrins - 01 January 2013 02:12 AM

All the same problems we’ve had all year, but this time we managed to pull it out in the end (w/a little bit of luck…but that never hurts).  WE. NEEDED. THAT.  That is all.

Come on….You can write an mini novel on why things go wrong and you offer a little blurb over what is considered one of our biggest wins?......I expected a little more from you…....

I know I am going to have to see how far my hypocrisy goes on this win after my last meltdown…...

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 01 January 2013 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2012-06-16

Dabo’s going to have to drop the bandwagon off at Pep Boys.  All you people jumping on, then off, then on, the off, then on again have ruined the suspension.

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 01 January 2013 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  597
Joined  2010-09-06

Congratulations. Great win. I think clem was the only one on this board that called it. Boyd really stepped up to the plate. Football is a crazy game anything can happen.

Signature 

“you are what your record says you are” Bill Parcells

Posted: 01 January 2013 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  515
Joined  2009-07-04

Clem that “poster” is hilarious and the SEC should be ashamed of one of their “brethren” playing football like soccer.
Slappy - pretty funny post.

Boyd, Nuk and Ellington kept us in it, the defense made huge strides last night.

I gave us a 20% chance to win at best. WOW! Great win!

Posted: 01 January 2013 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-05-22
Slappy - 01 January 2013 10:00 AM

Dabo’s going to have to drop the bandwagon off at Pep Boys.  All you people jumping on, then off, then on, the off, then on again have ruined the suspension.

I didn’t know that pointing out the fact that we needed a win like that after all the disappointments in recent years was what passes for “bandwagon jumping” these days.

Signature 

Losers practice until they get it right.  Winners practice until they can’t get it wrong.

Posted: 01 January 2013 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2615
Joined  2008-10-30
Orange&Purple; - 01 January 2013 11:53 AM

Boyd, Nuk and Ellington kept us in it, the defense made huge strides last night.

I thought Ellington would have a better game, that fumble almost ended it for Clemson if I’m remembering right. He wasn’t a reason they won. Boyd looked great, so did Hopkins. And the D, what in the world…great game. LSU’s O, no comment.

Signature 

2012 ACC Football Champions
2012 Orange Bowl Champions
2013 Florida state Champions
2013 ACC Football Champions
2013 NCAA National Champions

“This is our time, it ain’t their time!”
-Jimbo

Posted: 01 January 2013 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

AE only had 50yds, but had some nice runs, especially when he got outside.  Got us some key first downs.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 01 January 2013 06:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1455
Joined  2009-10-20

Nice win by the Tigers. I really thought LSU would beat y’all up. Y’all have gotten more physical.

Congrats. Very nice win… and good for the conference.

Signature 

I won’t be money but I’ll wager avatar’s….I’ll use a Logan Thomas Avatar for an entire season if I lose and if I win you have to have some type of Clemson Avatar.

-CU_Tigers4Life (01-26-2013)

Posted: 01 January 2013 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2012-06-16
4schitzngrins - 01 January 2013 05:07 PM

I didn’t know that pointing out the fact that we needed a win like that after all the disappointments in recent years was what passes for “bandwagon jumping” these days.

It was a little joke meant for CUT4L.  Relax.

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 01 January 2013 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1971
Joined  2009-09-09
Slappy - 01 January 2013 07:05 PM
4schitzngrins - 01 January 2013 05:07 PM

It was a little joke meant for CUT4L.  Relax.

I think it is safe to say I have been one of Dabo’s biggest cheerleaders ever since he took offer and have taken a lot of friendly fire in that support…....I had a huge meltdown over the last USC loss but my support has been strengthened needless to say…..I wouldn’t call it bandwagon jumping in my case, I would like to think of it as one of addiction having a bit of a relapse and receiving a quick intervention…..lol

As for my pal 4schtz, it is killing him to not go off on a diatribe of how we are terrible…..he is like a soda pop shaken up with the cap screwed on tight.

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 01 January 2013 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5562
Joined  2008-10-28

Unlike many ACC bashers, I think that was a great win for your conference. It’s been an impressive bowl season so far….

The bashers are saying if FSU loses it’s all for not.

What say you?

Signature 

“Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience.”

TB12, the most mis-understood poster on Southernpigskin.com

Posted: 01 January 2013 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5203
Joined  2008-11-01

It would be but FSU is not going to lose!

Signature 

I’m your Huckleberry

FSU has beaten the SEC champ at least 8 times, and we don’t even play in the SEC, lol:

FSU beat the 1987 SEC champs 34-6
FSU beat the 1988 SEC champs 13-7
FSU beat the 1989 SEC champs 22-14
FSU beat the 1993 SEC champs 33-21
FSU beat the 1994 SEC champs 23-17
FSU beat the 1996 SEC champs 24-21
FSU beat the 2000 SEC champs 30-7
FSU beat the 2013 SEC champs 34-31

Give it up for the SEC, a conference which almost beat FSU

Posted: 01 January 2013 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

You predicted a sure fire win for FSU against NCST too, I believe you said 45-7.  LSU expected a blowout against Clemson too…..just saying, don’t be so sure when emotion is involved.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 01 January 2013 10:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-05-22
CU_Tigers4life - 01 January 2013 09:07 AM
4schitzngrins - 01 January 2013 02:12 AM

Come on….You can write an mini novel on why things go wrong and you offer a little blurb over what is considered one of our biggest wins?......I expected a little more from you…....

I know I am going to have to see how far my hypocrisy goes on this win after my last meltdown…...

Well, it was late on NYE & I was drunk.  @ that point I didn’t have a lot to say that would have been coherent.  Besides, what else would you have me say?  Last night was a much needed win, & I’m happy about it, but any enthusiasm I have is tempered by the fact that we’re still Clemson…as Clemson fans we’ve had our hopes dashed so many times over so many years.  It was a win, but it wasn’t a particularly pretty win…& no matter how big, one win certainly doesn’t fix all of our problems.  So again, I’m happy, but not unrealistic.  I’ll enjoy the off-season, & love talking crap to all the SEC fans I know, but come Spring & Summer camp we have a lot of work to do.

There is certainly some good to be taken from last night (many of the same positive elements that I’ve commented on over the course of the season), but there were also a lot negatives (many that fit right into the criticisms I’ve voiced over the last few seasons).  As Edna Garrett will tell you…you take the good, you take the bad, you take them both & there you have the facts of Clemson football.  I could expound if you really want me to, but I figured I’d just leave it at the fact that we got a much needed win & I’m happy w/that. 

Last night was a signature win b/c it came against a top ten team on the national stage…against a darling of the darling conference.  I’m happy that we’re getting another tombstone.  & as I said (& have been saying for years), it’s a type of win that the program SORELY needed.  What I’m most pleased with is the fact that we won at all…b/c we normally aren’t in a position to win games like that, & if by some chance we are we find a way to screw it up.  Wins like that need to be more the norm instead of the infrequent exception.  Dabo agrees with me…“You can’t win a national championship until you learn how to win games like this.”

Signature 

1 of 2