Neat Christmas Present I have to tell you about….
Posted: 01 January 2013 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1925
Joined  2009-09-09

When I made a soda pop analogy to 4shitz, that reminded me that we got our kids the coolest thing…a “Sodastream”.....

this darn thing makes your own soda pops and it actually works!....

There are a bunch of flavors and you just have to go through the one you like best.

It is a real kick

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 02 January 2013 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4886
Joined  2008-10-29

We have one too. My kids love it and since I like sparkling water I use it regularly and just put the drops of lemon or lime flavoring in and take stuff to work.

I recommend it also although after the cost I am not so sure you save money necessarily but it definitely saves you having to carry the cases of Coke out of the store.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 02 January 2013 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 02 January 2013 12:10 PM

We have one too. My kids love it and since I like sparkling water I use it regularly and just put the drops of lemon or lime flavoring in and take stuff to work.

I recommend it also although after the cost I am not so sure you save money necessarily but it definitely saves you having to carry the cases of Coke out of the store.

I imagine over a period of time it will pay off but I am with you about storage. I noticed the Home Shopping Network of all places has a huge selection of flavors, but Walmart seems to do pretty good. 

I wonder if the major players like Coke and Pepsi will offer their concentrates for this product?....

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 02 January 2013 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4886
Joined  2008-10-29

Probably not since the commercials show the product destroying them!!! smile

Have you seen them?

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 02 January 2013 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 02 January 2013 12:28 PM

Probably not since the commercials show the product destroying them!!! smile

Have you seen them?

No I haven’t…What did they say?...

Signature 

Posted: 02 January 2013 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2012-06-16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE9U4mMqKP4

Interesting product.  When I was a kid we used to buy those old-fashioned seltzer bottles and rootbeer syrup and make our own sodas and floats.  This would be great for The Chad.  He could make his own Redbull.  Did you see the postgame interview?  That guy was jacked up!

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 02 January 2013 08:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3299
Joined  2008-10-29

I have to say I prefer cans. I recycle them all, and the can size fits perfectly in my Tervis tumbler when I make a mixed drink of some type. Fill the cup with ice, pour liquor to the first notch, fill the rest with soda. Nice drink. One can works. I also have an extra fridge in the garage to store extra cases.
I must admit, though, the sodastream is a very neat product. Maybe one day I’ll indulge.

Signature 

I’m quite lucky. I have a lovely wife, two great kids and an ever improving golf game.