1 of 6
SEC SEC SEC
Posted: 03 January 2013 01:25 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5590
Joined  2008-10-29

Lets see,

#3 Florida lost, #8 LSU lost, Miss St lost, #10 USCjr was taken to the final seconds by a bad Michigan team, #7 UGA was on the ropes the whole game until the final quarter….Vandy was literally the only SEC to dominate their game.

#9 Texas A&M could easily get beat, and #2 Alabama could easily lose.  Wouldn’t it be freaking amazing if the SEC goes 3-5 in bowl games and losing all of their BCS games?  LMAO.

Signature 

2014 BCS Orange Bowl Champions
Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

“First team from the state of South Carolina to win a BCS bowl” - Dabo Swinney

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 03 January 2013 02:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5183
Joined  2008-11-01

louisville game was the biggest upset in BCS history. It is gonna be real easy talking to gata fans this off season.

Straight from gator fans ....

“Bridgewater may not even finish the game, he’s seen nothing even remotely approaching our defensive line. Our offensive line is going to manhandle their front 7 as well. I can’t imagine this being closer than 10 points unless UF turns it over 6 times

Mods:? Can we please have this pinned? (I agree) LOL

Lmfao… this game will get ugly quick. (for once the gatas were right ... it got ugly quick!

They have a rare?opportunity to sit at the grown-ups’ table.? Let them have their fun.

http://florida.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?SID=882&fid=865&style=2&tid=161003754&Page=1

Signature 

I’m your Huckleberry

FSU has beaten the SEC champ at least 8 times, and we don’t even play in the SEC, lol:

FSU beat the 1987 SEC champs 34-6
FSU beat the 1988 SEC champs 13-7
FSU beat the 1989 SEC champs 22-14
FSU beat the 1993 SEC champs 33-21
FSU beat the 1994 SEC champs 23-17
FSU beat the 1996 SEC champs 24-21
FSU beat the 2000 SEC champs 30-7
FSU beat the 2013 SEC champs 34-31

Give it up for the SEC, a conference which almost beat FSU

Posted: 03 January 2013 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1941
Joined  2009-09-09

I was listening to Mike and Mike on ESPN this AM and I don’t mind saying I am pissed.

They both said that the SEC’s bowl performance didn’t mean anything in a total slap in the face to the teams that have won over the SEC…....

The hypocrisy in their comments is that had the SEC swept all of their Bowl games,then the SEC love-fest would be in full force with all of the talk of how dominating the league is….....

ESPN is in full damage control and is spinning things to protect there precious league.

This is why it is so very easy to hate the SEC, when they get beat they still get get more respect….All of the media heads keep saying that if you want to stop the SEC love, take care of business…well that happened this year and look what we get….

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 03 January 2013 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4918
Joined  2008-10-29

I also disagree with Vandy dominating.  They got outgained and NCSU just shot themselves in the foot time and time again. I have no love for NCState but Vandy aint that good and they got to play a coachless team in their hometown and still had to be handed victory by bumbling and stumbling NCSU.

The SEC is overrated. Not saying it isnt the best conference top to bottom but WAY overrated and the bowls prove it.

Also I would say the bowls prove the ACC is WAY underrated but of course no one will say that.
If Pitt wins then all three ACC newcomers will have finished strong too…

Just sayin…

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 03 January 2013 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  481
Joined  2011-04-22

In terms of the SEC power debate, it really doesn’t matter if Alabama beats Notre Dame. There’s really no argument for seven straight national titles. Now, if Alabama and Texas A&M lose and the league goes 4-5 (with the top 6 going 2-4), then we can reassess. Big 12 can make a MAJOR statement these next two nights.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 03 January 2013 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2012-06-16

The SEC is not so much overrated as they are over-venerated.  This year the rankings were a little extra skewed due to the putrid play of the bottom half of the league.  The top 6 are all solid to great teams that think they’re better (because they’re told they are over and over and over…) than everybody else as long as the bus makes it to the stadium.

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 03 January 2013 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  158
Joined  2012-11-28
Slappy - 03 January 2013 12:04 PM

The SEC is not so much overrated as they are over-venerated.  This year the rankings were a little extra skewed due to the putrid play of the bottom half of the league.  The top 6 are all solid to great teams that think they’re better (because they’re told they are over and over and over…) than everybody else as long as the bus makes it to the stadium.

I would be more inclined to agree with this argument than any of the others I have heard. It hasn’t been a great bowl season for the SEC, but the track record still speaks for itself.

Posted: 03 January 2013 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29
SoPinesHeel - 03 January 2013 11:30 AM

I also disagree with Vandy dominating.  They got outgained and NCSU just shot themselves in the foot time and time again. I have no love for NCState but Vandy aint that good and they got to play a coachless team in their hometown and still had to be handed victory by bumbling and stumbling NCSU.

The SEC is overrated. Not saying it isnt the best conference top to bottom but WAY overrated and the bowls prove it.

Also I would say the bowls prove the ACC is WAY underrated but of course no one will say that.
If Pitt wins then all three ACC newcomers will have finished strong too…

Just sayin…

Very true, forgot how many turnovers NCST had.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 03 January 2013 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Dan Wetzel ?@DanWetzel
So when the SEC dominates, it’s bc the SEC is dominant. But when the SEC gets dominated, it’s bc it wasn’t motivated to play. Is that it?

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 03 January 2013 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2611
Joined  2008-10-30

Now you’re getting it.

Signature 

2012 ACC Football Champions
2012 Orange Bowl Champions
2013 Florida state Champions
2013 ACC Football Champions
2013 NCAA National Champions

“This is our time, it ain’t their time!”
-Jimbo

Posted: 03 January 2013 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2611
Joined  2008-10-30

LOL, “SEC, SEC, SEC,...” fans are pathetic and especially pitiful after last night.

“InsidetheGators.com”

Teddy-bulldawg (uga fan)- “Thanks for making the SEC proud. It is always a big deal to beat the Gators, but hated to see you guys not show out and represent the SEC like you did against FSU. That was the first time I had ever pulled for the Gators.”

HomerGator (FU fan)- “Thanks for your support. 

We’re so glad that you apparently didn’t pull for the Gators in the 2006 and 2008 National Championship games.

This is why many Gators refuse to cheer for UGA, no matter who they are playing.”

Disruption in the circle jerk?

Signature 

2012 ACC Football Champions
2012 Orange Bowl Champions
2013 Florida state Champions
2013 ACC Football Champions
2013 NCAA National Champions

“This is our time, it ain’t their time!”
-Jimbo

Posted: 03 January 2013 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4918
Joined  2008-10-29
93N99 - 03 January 2013 12:44 PM

Now you’re getting it.

Hahahaha! That is a good one…

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 03 January 2013 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3732
Joined  2008-10-29
Clemtgrs - 03 January 2013 01:25 AM

Lets see,

#7 UGA was on the ropes the whole game until the final quarter…..

Are you really trumpeting A 2 TD win as “on the ropes”. Last I checked it was a 4 quarter game and I’m pretty sure your team was given the same amount of time as mine was to score more points than the other team.

Gurshall Walker - 03 January 2013 12:22 PM
Slappy - 03 January 2013 12:04 PM

I would be more inclined to agree with this argument than any of the others I have heard. It hasn’t been a great bowl season for the SEC, but the track record still speaks for itself.

I agree with this as well. Look I’m a Dawg and I know my team is solid when they come to play but it’s always a grind, always going to be a 4 quarter football game that comes down to making plays at the end, and we hardly ever just completely dominate anyone on a weekly basis so what’s so new about that? Nebraska is a National program and they came to play and they lost by 2 td’s in what I thought was a pretty good football game.

Also, just to add and RE-STATE IT AGAIN…I strenuously don’t like Florida so last night was very enjoyable, I wanted Clemson to beat LSU because it would make the Maddness happy, could care less if cocky wins or get’s bus jacked, couldn’t name one player on the Miss St squad, and think it’s just plain goofy of y’all to nit-pick at a solid win for Vandy. The fact that this thread was created, again, to complain about what has become an obsession for a few of y’all on this website’s boards is just as goofy. You’re blaming and ranting at the wrong people and it’s very tired.

Signature 

How Bout Them Dawgs!!

Posted: 03 January 2013 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2010-09-06

I’m glad to see UF and LSU lose. Miles is a jerk and both those losses will move us up in the polls.

Signature 

“you are what your record says you are” Bill Parcells

Posted: 03 January 2013 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29
lostdawg3 - 03 January 2013 02:28 PM

Lets see,

Are you really trumpeting A 2 TD win as “on the ropes”. Last I checked it was a 4 quarter game and I’m pretty sure your team was given the same amount of time as mine was to score more points than the other team.

Yes.  Difference is we weren’t supposed to win going into it.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 03 January 2013 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3732
Joined  2008-10-29
Clemtgrs - 03 January 2013 02:45 PM
lostdawg3 - 03 January 2013 02:28 PM

Lets see,

Yes.  Difference is we weren’t supposed to win going into it.

And we weren’t supposed to show up to play because of how close we we’re to playing for the crystal…what’s your point?

Signature 

How Bout Them Dawgs!!

1 of 6

‹‹ Gator fans no show?     One Proud Gator ››