Final thoughts on your teams bowl game
Posted: 03 January 2013 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3733
Joined  2008-10-29

It wasn’t the game they wanted to be in and it showed early but they also played physical and tough football for the full 60 and beat a game and pretty solid cornhusker team.

Murray was asleep for the first 20 or so minutes but he got oiled up pretty good and shredded the nations reported #1 overall pass defense and set all kinds of bowl records. TK and the bottom half of the WR depth chart played great, the freshmen RB’s were solid and the line did alright and we scored 45….plus a 7 for the other team.

Defense was a bit sloppy but physical and very focused when the game needed to be decided and no one got hurt which was in the back of about 10 players minds on our defensive squad. I’m going to miss all those guys but especially Shawn Williams, the guy is just nasty. I wish all these guys the best of luck and great success in the league.

The freshman PK should kick 7,000 PAT’s a week and at least 70,000 FG attempts before spring ball. The freshman punter is now a sophomore and just needs to keep up the effort.

Overall, not the game I was hoping my team would finish the season in but they still showed up and played hard and won. It’s obviously not the season I wanted but it’s kind of right where I expected. I expect more next season and hope this new recruiting class will come in ready to go.

Signature 

How Bout Them Dawgs!!

Posted: 03 January 2013 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  296
Joined  2012-07-10

Obviously, I am frustrated with the way the bowl game ended, but I am still extremely proud of the team’s effort. It was a good season for the Devils, and I am very optimistic that we will continue our upward trend next season.

Signature 

WE’RE GOING BOWLING!!!!!!

Posted: 03 January 2013 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  597
Joined  2010-09-06

The good: Both QBs played lights out. Receivers Ace, Bruce, and Demiere played fabulously. Ace had a unreal punt return for a score. More big plays on offense and ST than I can remember. And ‘The Hit’ by Clowney that of course went viral.

The bad: Defense gave up a lot of points and couldn’t seem to hold them in the 4th quarter. Running game except for Shaw was non existant. Our kicker couldn’t buy a FG.

Another 11 win season in the books and a top ten finish. Can’t complain.

Signature 

“you are what your record says you are” Bill Parcells

Posted: 03 January 2013 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2012-06-16

I got what I was hoping for and then some.  Respectability and a pleasant joke-free offseason.  Some side benefits I think will be a great finish for the recruiting class and the joy of knowing another team’s fanbase is going all Blue & Gray (Gray & Grayer?) because of my Tigers.

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 03 January 2013 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2207
Joined  2009-01-07

Quarterback was great - very tough. The whole team showed some grit and refused to lose. When Watkins fumbled and went out, I had visions of the debacle against Alabama a few years ago, but this team refused to quit and showed some toughness. There were great performances by several players but I have to be especially happy with the defense. I don’t know where that performance was the rest of the season, but I was glad to see them bring it out. It will be a much more pleasant and optimisitc offseason this year than last year.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 03 January 2013 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1090
Joined  2012-05-08

25-24, that is all

Signature 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUkxIDlCAAMr7Vq.jpg

Posted: 03 January 2013 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5817
Joined  2008-10-29

I finally think Clemson played its first complete game that the coaches have been wanting for 2 years now.  Dominant defense and strong offense.  I couldn’t of asked for a better performance against a good physical defensive football team.  The offense operated as efficiently as it could against a major pass rush and the defense played lights out, they grew up a lot.

Future is bright, such a young team doing this, if we can take this bowl win and build on it then 2013 is our year.  What a game to close out 2012.  One of the best Clemson football games I’ve watched in a LONG time.

Signature 

2014 BCS Orange Bowl Champions
Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

“First team from the state of South Carolina to win a BCS bowl” - Dabo Swinney

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 03 January 2013 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2762
Joined  2011-02-04

Welp, FSU did beat the MAC champs by 21. I just watched the first half on gamecast and the defense was good as usual, the offense was blah, but should get better next year.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 03 January 2013 08:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  515
Joined  2009-07-04

Great win in the Peach Bowl (sorry, it is and always will be the Peach Bowl). Not a perfectly played game by either team but we showed up ready to play football for 4Q’s. Boyd and Nuk were inhuman, Ford was exceptional, AE was dynamite (stats did not showcase how good he is at ALL phases of the game), defense played the best it has played in a long time.

we are not a physical team in the traditional sense but the HUNH offense absolutely wore down a great LSU defense. We could have played another Q at the same pace.

very solid game plans by both coaches; Chad got away from the run in the 3Q too much. I did not like the QB runs as it was very risky with our most valuable player.

Overall, a tremendous bowl game and one most of us will remember for awhile.

Posted: 03 January 2013 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1970
Joined  2009-09-09

Tajh Boyd is a real man!....Of the 100 offensive plays, TB handled 79 of them in the form of either a pass or run!  LSU hit him over and over and he just got up and kept hitting back until in the 4th quarter the LSU defense was literally dropping like flies from exhaustion….I have never seen such a performance in a QB….He was used as a fullback and even with the pounding, he torched one of the best defenses in the Nation with a 36/50 346 yards, 2 TD’s NO INT or FUMBLES!.......If anyone can tell me of a similar performance please do!

Venables teachings and the maturation of our young defense finally put all of the pieces together and played the type of game that championships are won from.

2013 looks extremely promising and hopefully this strong performance will really bring in some top recruits and turn Clemson into an expected top 10 program year in and year out!

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

‹‹ One Proud Gator     Chip Kelly ››