Chip Kelly
Posted: 04 January 2013 12:20 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  430
Joined  2012-02-17

Is he about to pull a Pete Carroll and leave his school right before they get serious probation?

Signature 

The artist formerly known as 4thNNole

Posted: 04 January 2013 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1240
Joined  2011-07-22

It certainly seems that way. If he does end up getting an NFL job, I’ll be interested to see what type of offensive system he uses.

Signature 

Be sure to give me a follow on Twitter: @UrbanWhiteGuy

Posted: 04 January 2013 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2012-06-16

On probation > In Cleveland, imo
But I would like to see what he could do for CJ in Buffalo

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 04 January 2013 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5690
Joined  2008-10-29

Yes, Chip Kelly with CJ Spiller would be amazing.

Signature 

2014 BCS Orange Bowl Champions
Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

“First team from the state of South Carolina to win a BCS bowl” - Dabo Swinney

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 05 January 2013 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  300
Joined  2012-06-19

Why would Kelly leave just yet?  He’s on the cusp of a national title. 

Should he turn into another Rich Rod?  He was so close to really solidifying his name at WVU—- and instead now he is despised by WVU and Michigan (Well, Michigan fans are probably just more relieved… but it didn’t seem like he enjoyed much support there)

Saban, on the other hand—->  If they win this NC (Which I think they will) then what else is there to do?  It depends on if he just wants to “coast” the rest of his career at Bama (Which would be the easier thing to do!) or if he really wants another shot at the NFL.

Posted: 05 January 2013 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1964
Joined  2009-09-09

I am not sure why Chip Kelly is being considered for the NFL.  Does the next level think that high tempo spread offenses are the thing of the future? I certainly don’t think Kelly would come in and run a pro set offense…

Kelly has little to lose taking an NFL job because if he fail, he will be right back in the college ranks with his pick of jobs like Saban did.

If Kelly does go to the NFL and turns a team into a spread program,then that may be one place where Tim Tebow may have a chance…he is big enough to take the pounding

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 05 January 2013 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  932
Joined  2012-05-17

The Pats are doing well with an up tempo offense. Granted they have Brady and all those weapons around him.  I think Kelly would have to tweek his system but imagine that offense with RG3 or Wilson, I think we’re going to see more QB’s of that mold in the NFL.

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 05 January 2013 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1240
Joined  2011-07-22

The rumor now is that the Eagles are interested in Kelly. I think they have personnel that would be better suited for Kelly’s style of play.

Signature 

Be sure to give me a follow on Twitter: @UrbanWhiteGuy

Posted: 05 January 2013 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1964
Joined  2009-09-09
Matt O - 05 January 2013 05:15 PM

The rumor now is that the Eagles are interested in Kelly. I think they have personnel that would be better suited for Kelly’s style of play.

With the Eagles, his color wheel-house would be preserved

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24