Its that time of year again.
My sources (family member of a board member of an SEC school) is telling me:
1) UNC and VT to the SEC
2) FSU and Clemson to the Big12
3) Nick Saben to the Browns
4) Serious sanctions against bama for grade fixing highschool students
5) Sanctions against SCAR for violations while on probation

Signature 

if Bo Pelini goes to USC im going to start a Clemson-centric parody twitter account and argue with @fauxpelini

Posted: 05 January 2013 03:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1019
Joined  2012-05-17

Did Sem hack your account?

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 05 January 2013 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3004
Joined  2011-02-04

3 things are certain in life, death, taxes and conference expansion rumors during the offseason.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 05 January 2013 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  182
Joined  2009-08-04

Tickle_It…that was funny smile

Posted: 05 January 2013 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6801
Joined  2008-10-29

It’s the offseason, can’t wait to talk about all of this again.  Pines better watch out!

Signature 

FIRE ROBBIE CALDWELL!!!!!!!

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 07 January 2013 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1251
Joined  2012-05-08

I do love speculation and gossip during the off season, its fun to think about and gives me an excuse to talk about football during baseball season, BUT when this guy says its happening, it does…i really dont like to toot my horn about this source, but the president of this university doesnt make moves without his permission, hes on the board of trustees as well as the athletic dept’s governing board. he said these particular speculations come directly from the president’s mouth after returning from an NCAA meeting with a certain conference’s presidents

Signature 

if Bo Pelini goes to USC im going to start a Clemson-centric parody twitter account and argue with @fauxpelini

Posted: 07 January 2013 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5567
Joined  2008-10-28

Heard today Beamer is going to AD… and Bud Foster was moving to head coach at VT.

Signature 

“Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience.”

TB12, the most mis-understood poster on Southernpigskin.com

Posted: 07 January 2013 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-05-17

How would an SEC school’s board member know that Clemson and FSU would go to the Big 12?  I could understand him being in the know about the SEC stuff, but the Big 12 stuff doesn’t really make sense to me.

Signature 

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 07 January 2013 06:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2209
Joined  2009-09-09

I’ll tell you something I have been wondering.  I was going to start a discussion thread but perhaps this will do…..

Colorado and Washington State have made weed legal.  How is that going to affect things in College Football if this trends starts happening all over?  Does the NCAA lax on weed?  What about coaching, playing, recruiting in a pothead state?  How is this going to effect things?...Honeybadger might still be playing if he was in Colorado or Washington….

Initially, I expect that the NCAA will remain firm in weed, but now that this stuff is legal like booze in a couple of places, could this be an issue down the road?

Signature 

“If I get Manziel disease, I want every one of you all to get your mikes and start slapping me on the head”

Jameis Winston: 2013

Posted: 07 January 2013 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-05-17
CU_Tigers4life - 07 January 2013 06:13 PM

I’ll tell you something I have been wondering.  I was going to start a discussion thread but perhaps this will do…..

Colorado and Washington State have made weed legal.  How is that going to affect things in College Football if this trends starts happening all over?  Does the NCAA lax on weed?  What about coaching, playing, recruiting in a pothead state?  How is this going to effect things?...Honeybadger might still be playing if he was in Colorado or Washington….

Initially, I expect that the NCAA will remain firm in weed, but now that this stuff is legal like booze in a couple of places, could this be an issue down the road?

As long as players aren’t going all Steven Garcia on teams, I don’t see how the NCAA can really say anything if it’s legal.  It is a great way to let your muscles relax after a rigorous workout.  Ask Arnold.  I can also atest to this as an avid weight lifter and former user (during my college years).

Signature 

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 08 January 2013 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-05-08

the olympics defines it as a “performence enhancing drug” all the ncaa would have to do is make the same argument

Signature 

Posted: 08 January 2013 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-05-08
Tickle_It - 07 January 2013 05:53 PM

How would an SEC school’s board member know that Clemson and FSU would go to the Big 12?  I could understand him being in the know about the SEC stuff, but the Big 12 stuff doesn’t really make sense to me.

a lot of these guys run in the same circles. the guy who lives across the street from my parents served on the BoT for Clemson and USC (at seperate times of course)

Im a Clemson fan, but im still up to date with lots of Carolina issues, same circumstances with many BoT members.

and annother thing, when this Highschool Grade Fixing thing breaks on bama, serious concerns about death penalty and stripping them of all MNCs for the past couple years.

Signature 

Posted: 08 January 2013 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  692
Joined  2012-06-16

What does your source say about the other scandals at SEC schools, notably Miss. St and Auburn?

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 08 January 2013 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-05-08

i didnt get to ask any specific questions, but he said the NCAA is investigating grade fixing in highschool students in the state of Alabama. He didnt have any news on any coaching changes except expect saban to leave bama right before the storm hits (speculation is to the browns or LSU if Les gets canned and the NCAA is more lenient on bama than people are expecting) he did say a couple other things are going on but i cant remember what they are off hand but the big ones involved UNC and VT to the SEC, GT to the B1G, FSU and CU to B12, Saban leaving Bama, Bama and AU under investigation, SCAR losing more scholarships and maybe a bowl ban

Signature 

Posted: 08 January 2013 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-05-17
GoTigers712 - 08 January 2013 02:00 PM

i didnt get to ask any specific questions, but he said the NCAA is investigating grade fixing in highschool students in the state of Alabama. He didnt have any news on any coaching changes except expect saban to leave bama right before the storm hits (speculation is to the browns or LSU if Les gets canned and the NCAA is more lenient on bama than people are expecting) he did say a couple other things are going on but i cant remember what they are off hand but the big ones involved UNC and VT to the SEC, GT to the B1G, FSU and CU to B12, Saban leaving Bama, Bama and AU under investigation, SCAR losing more scholarships and maybe a bowl ban

If Les get canned???  They just signed him a new redonkulous contract.

Signature 

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 09 January 2013 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5271
Joined  2008-10-29
Clemtgrs - 05 January 2013 05:00 PM

It’s the offseason, can’t wait to talk about all of this again.  Pines better watch out!

Pines cant seem to get a post through the system to argue.

Edited now that my posts are taking.

Good god with this speculation. I hope none of this is true.
I can assure you that as long as the ACC is one of the major conferences…UNC will be in it. The ACC would have to go the way of the Big East for a conference change to occur and despite all the hate on here…it is the Big 5 not the Big 4.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)