How come VT fans don’t like Louisville?
Posted: 05 January 2013 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2931
Joined  2011-02-04

I was reading a thread on another board and words like “loathe” were even used. Seems that some VT fans are not happy with Louisville coming to the ACC.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 06 January 2013 01:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1455
Joined  2009-10-20
Garrett_TD23 - 05 January 2013 02:30 PM

I was reading a thread on another board and words like “loathe” were even used. Seems that some VT fans are not happy with Louisville coming to the ACC.

Because Loserville was the lead component to have us (and VCU) voted out of the Metro Conference in 1995 so they could hook up with some other schools further west to form Conference USA. Football was in the Big East but our other sporrts had nowhere to go. We had to join the A-10 for all other sports.

Then in 1999 the Big East “graciously” voted us to join for all sports. However, the finances associated with it were insulting to VT so it provided a counter-proposal which was agreed upon and we were finally granted full membership for all sports in one conference some six years later in 2001. This was the first time since the old Southern Conference broke up (forming the SEC And the ACC) that VT had been full mmebers in one conference. Even then though it was like pulling teeth. The Big East and it members attempted to financially blackmail us for full membership rights. That’s why many Hokies had no problem back-tracking against the big East during the first ACC expansion. Most Hokies considered it karma.

Enough history lesson: To answer your question, it’s because Denny Crum and Loserville thought they were too good for us in 1995 despite an epic basketball rivalry woth Louisville in the late 1970s all through the 1980s. Now, I suppose that the shoe may be on the other foot.

Hence, the “Screw Louisville” attitude. .

Signature 

I won’t be money but I’ll wager avatar’s….I’ll use a Logan Thomas Avatar for an entire season if I lose and if I win you have to have some type of Clemson Avatar.

-CU_Tigers4Life (01-26-2013)

Posted: 06 January 2013 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  300
Joined  2012-06-19

That’s why Marcus Vick stomped on their QB’s leg during the Gator Bowl

hahaha completely classless… and on youtube you can see how intentional it was

Posted: 06 January 2013 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5566
Joined  2008-10-28

I was going to say inferiority complex. Now that I read what our resident Hokie fans said….

Inferiority complex.

Signature 

“Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience.”

TB12, the most mis-understood poster on Southernpigskin.com

Posted: 07 January 2013 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5223
Joined  2008-10-29

Sounds like a good rivalry to me!

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 07 January 2013 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  300
Joined  2012-06-19
TB12 - 06 January 2013 03:40 PM

I was going to say inferiority complex. Now that I read what our resident Hokie fans said….

Inferiority complex.

A complex towards Louisville?  Come on now! 

I was just bringing up an important point.  People say that Beamer won’t “do what it takes” to win an NC game…  But during that time span he was forgiving Marcus Vick for so many mistakes and problems.

That’s why I don’t understand Beamer.  Marcus could have been booted from the team for his 1st, 2nd, or 3rd violation…  But Beamer kept him on until he completely struck out. 

Afterwards, at McDonalds, he displayed a gun after someone was talking smack to him…  Who knows…

Posted: 07 January 2013 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1455
Joined  2009-10-20
TB12 - 06 January 2013 03:40 PM

Inferiority complex.

Nah. All the football beatdowns we’ve given them over the last 20 years have greatly healed most of the wounds.

Forgive….but don’t forget.

Signature 

I won’t be money but I’ll wager avatar’s….I’ll use a Logan Thomas Avatar for an entire season if I lose and if I win you have to have some type of Clemson Avatar.

-CU_Tigers4Life (01-26-2013)