Doug Marrone leaves Syracuse
Posted: 06 January 2013 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2650
Joined  2011-02-04

http://www.scout.com/2/1255279.html

Former Syracuse head coach Doug Marrone takes the Buffalo Bills job.

Wow! I feel bad for Cuse, they were on the cusp of getting “back” to their traditional form after Greg Robinson took them to all time lows, Doug Marrone came in and gradually improved them to what we have today. They’ll lose a lot of seniors off of this year’s team, so Cuse was likely going to go through a down year next season.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 06 January 2013 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  858
Joined  2012-05-17

Man, bad timing for them. It’ll be interesting to see what they do as they transition to the ACC as well.

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 06 January 2013 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1873
Joined  2009-09-09

I think he realizes the level of competition for the Cuse is going up and a lot of transition is coming for the Orange men….

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 06 January 2013 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  294
Joined  2012-06-19

Terrible timing!

My dad’s family is from Syracuse and my mom’s family is from Radford (not far from Blacksburg!)

During the Big East days we always had a bet about the game… then during Thanksgiving the losing side would pay their dues   (Normally in the amount of liquor or beer raspberry)

I’m so glad McNabb is old news!

Posted: 06 January 2013 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5424
Joined  2008-10-29
CU_Tigers4life - 06 January 2013 10:35 AM

I think he realizes the level of competition for the Cuse is going up and a lot of transition is coming for the Orange men….

Agreed, his stock is higher now then it would be in a year or so….why not hop while you still can.

Signature 

2014 BCS Orange Bowl Champions
Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

“First team from the state of South Carolina to win a BCS bowl” - Dabo Swinney

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 07 January 2013 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4760
Joined  2008-10-29

Yeah probably a no brainer for him personally but sucks for Syracuse. No reason why they cant hire a good coach who can maintain but no doubt they have tough sledding in the future.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 07 January 2013 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3297
Joined  2008-10-29

Very bad timing for Syracuse, but when the NFL calls a coach has to listen. He was a former OC for New Orleans, so he knows his way around a NFL team. That said, who lasts long at Buffalo?

Signature 

I’m quite lucky. I have a lovely wife, two great kids and an ever improving golf game.