More and more rumors….
Posted: 07 January 2013 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1455
Joined  2009-10-20

of a “pep” rally coming to Blacksburg.

I told y’all this was a real possibility about a month ago. National media now getting onboard too.

This guy is a red-hot commodity—young African-American with DC and Charlotte connections and a proven physically brutal smashmouth offensive style. Perfect for VT. Just going to be very competitive for his services. He’s going to be a HC in a matter of time and is rumored to be on the short list for several NFL OC jobs as well.  Pretty much can hand pick his next gig.

Going to be an interesting 48-72 hours for Hokie fans. < Crossed Fingers >

Signature 

I won’t be money but I’ll wager avatar’s….I’ll use a Logan Thomas Avatar for an entire season if I lose and if I win you have to have some type of Clemson Avatar.

-CU_Tigers4Life (01-26-2013)

Posted: 07 January 2013 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2876
Joined  2011-02-04

OK, who is it?

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 07 January 2013 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5562
Joined  2008-10-28

Interesting. I haven’t heard a word about that. But I did hear Bud Foster is your next head coach… soon. And Beamer is your next Ad…. soon.

Signature 

“Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience.”

TB12, the most mis-understood poster on Southernpigskin.com

Posted: 07 January 2013 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-20
TB12 - 07 January 2013 05:53 PM

Interesting. I haven’t heard a word about that. But I did hear Bud Foster is your next head coach… soon. And Beamer is your next Ad…. soon.

Bud wouldn’t shock me. Beamer as AD would, however.  AD in today’s NCAA world is different than 20-25 years ago.  Used to be somewhat of a figure head. Now it’s much more involved. Michigan just hired some former Fortune 500 CEO, if I recall correctly. No athletic background but, obviously, a terrific business sense.

Beamer will be near 70 when his contract expires. Don’t see him wanting that responsibility. His contract, however, rolls him over into an “ambassador” type position ipon his retirement. 

Virginia law doesn’t allow for a “Coach in Waiting” contract.  However, I wouldn’t be shocked if there is a “gentleman’s agreement” being discussed with Pep as we speak for him to get “high comsideration” for the HC position when Frank retires—assuming Pep is, in fact, does accept the offer.

As I said, very interesting times in Blacksburg right now.

On a separate local note:  Heard y’all are after Chip West. What’s your thoughts?  How likely?

Signature 

I won’t be money but I’ll wager avatar’s….I’ll use a Logan Thomas Avatar for an entire season if I lose and if I win you have to have some type of Clemson Avatar.

Posted: 12 January 2013 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  692
Joined  2012-06-16

Not sure if this has been resolved yet, but I heard on NFL Countdown that if Lovie Smith gets a HC job he would bring in Pep Hamilton as his OC.

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 12 January 2013 07:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3820
Joined  2010-12-23

http://www.macon.com/2013/01/12/2314059/bobo-turned-down-virginia-tech.html

Signature 

>>>─────;;;─►

“The same rowdy crowd that was here last night is back again.”

Posted: 13 January 2013 06:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-20
Slappy - 12 January 2013 12:55 PM

Not sure if this has been resolved yet, but I heard on NFL Countdown that if Lovie Smith gets a HC job he would bring in Pep Hamilton as his OC.

Yep. He wants an NFL job. Good for him. He’s very talented….hence, VT’s interest.  Latest names are Joker Phillips and Scot Loeffler.

Signature 

Posted: 13 January 2013 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-20
garnet_gold - 12 January 2013 07:17 PM

Shocked Bobo even interviewed for the job.

Signature 

Posted: 14 January 2013 04:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  300
Joined  2012-06-19
Evan(s) Williams - 13 January 2013 06:50 PM

The article says he declined to even meet them.

“Virginia Tech had enough interest in Bobo to be its offensive coordinator that it sent a plane to Athens last week. But Bobo never got on the plane, according to this report.”  Ouch!  haha

From the potential candidates, it seems like Beamer doesn’t know what he wants, either.  It is good to keep an open mind, but I think we should focus on one offensive philosophy that we want and go after the best guy for the job.

Why not implement a pro style offense?  Get a big o-line, a solid RB, and then have the QB manage the game.  Control the clock… run and do play action.  Simple.

Look at what happens when our QB play is mediocre or bad.  Look at Sean Glennon (he got much more blame than he deserves, though!)  Look at the early Tyrod Taylor… and look at Thomas in his second season.

I really think Mike Vick, Marcus Vick, Bryan Randall, Tyrod Taylor kinda messed up our identity.  I prefer the Druckenmiller(spelling?) style….

Get back to good special teams, a dominant defense, and a low-risk offense that keeps the ball and grinds it… eats up TOP and pounds the rock.

Posted: 14 January 2013 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-10-20
whr2206 - 14 January 2013 04:57 AM

“Virginia Tech had enough interest in Bobo to be its offensive coordinator that it sent a plane to Athens last week. But Bobo never got on the plane, according to this report.”  Ouch!  haha

From the potential candidates, it seems like Beamer doesn’t know what he wants, either.  It is good to keep an open mind, but I think we should focus on one offensive philosophy that we want and go after the best guy for the job.

Why not implement a pro style offense?  Get a big o-line, a solid RB, and then have the QB manage the game.  Control the clock… run and do play action.  Simple.

Look at what happens when our QB play is mediocre or bad.  Look at Sean Glennon (he got much more blame than he deserves, though!)  Look at the early Tyrod Taylor… and look at Thomas in his second season.

I really think Mike Vick, Marcus Vick, Bryan Randall, Tyrod Taylor kinda messed up our identity.  I prefer the Druckenmiller(spelling?) style….

Get back to good special teams, a dominant defense, and a low-risk offense that keeps the ball and grinds it… eats up TOP and pounds the rock.

Believe what you want.  Why do you think I made a thread a few weeks asking LD3 and the dawg fans if Bobo was happy?  He interviewed.  That’s a fact.  Perhaps it was just a play to get a raise from Georgia…. but he interviewed.  He was choice #1.  He turned it down as I would expect him to given that he had an offense that put up UGa record production this year and he’s coaching at his alma mater.

Signature 

Posted: 14 January 2013 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3820
Joined  2010-12-23
whr2206 - 14 January 2013 04:57 AM

Sure some teams can do that… Hell, Alabama just won a ship doing that… But did you notice the offensive schemes being used on Sunday??.. I think THAT’S the way to go now… All you need is a couple skill guys and a fast/semi-fast QB… Collin Kaepernick had 260 passing yards 2 TDs… AND… 180 RUSHING YARDS WITH 2 TDS!!! That’s not supposed to happen on Sundays.

Chad Morris should be seeing dollar signs!!

Signature 

>>>─────;;;─►

“The same rowdy crowd that was here last night is back again.”