NCAA, where art thou?
Posted: 08 January 2013 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  858
Joined  2012-05-17

So I’ve been wondering for a long time when anything will come of the NCAA sanctions that are supposed to hit various different teams.  Maybe some of these have happened and I missed them, but what eveer happened to:

-Miami for all the recruiting mishaps
-UNC for the agent scandal and Afro-American majors (there was bowl ban but is that all)
-SC for the Whitney hotel
-Auburn for Scam Newton
-Ohio State for ink for jerseys
-Oregon for recruiting data

I’m sure there are others that I probably left off.  It seems as though the NCAA is taking their sweet ass time on making decisions and rulings on these.  The Miami thing is almost an after thought now and it was HUGE when it was in the media at the time.  The USC deal (Reggie Bush) came and was ruled on very quickly and they’re serving their time now.  Wouldn’t these other teams want to go ahead and start serving their time rather than sitting in purgatory?  It’s unfair to some of these coaches and players at these universities who had nothing to do with the scandals but are inadvertantly paying the price while the NCAA waits to make up their minds.

Don’t get me wrong, this is not a diss on any of these schools or players or people affiliated with them.  I’m just wondering when there’s supposed to be a ruling on this crap so that teams like Miami won’t have give up chances to play in important games.  If it were me, I’d want to go ahead and serve my punishment now so I can more quickly get back to business.

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 08 January 2013 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  464
Joined  2009-07-04

The NCAA is a disfunctional, corrupt and inept organization that needs to be totally shredded. I have more respect for fireants than that group of yahoos.

Posted: 08 January 2013 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1033
Joined  2008-10-29

It’s almost like they’re giving all the corrupt folks plenty of time to collect their last checks before they bring down sanctions on a new freshman class that were years removed from the crimes.

-f

Posted: 08 January 2013 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  554
Joined  2010-09-06
Tickle_It - 08 January 2013 03:18 PM

So I’ve been wondering for a long time when anything will come of the NCAA sanctions that are supposed to hit various different teams.  Maybe some of these have happened and I missed them, but what eveer happened to:

-UNC for the agent scandal and Afro-American majors (there was bowl ban but is that all)
-Auburn for Scam Newton

I’m sure there are others that I probably left off.  It seems as though the NCAA is taking their sweet ass time on making decisions and rulings on these.  The Miami thing is almost an after thought now and it was HUGE when it was in the media at the time.  The USC deal (Reggie Bush) came and was ruled on very quickly and they’re serving their time now.  Wouldn’t these other teams want to go ahead and start serving their time rather than sitting in purgatory?  It’s unfair to some of these coaches and players at these universities who had nothing to do with the scandals but are inadvertantly paying the price while the NCAA waits to make up their minds.

Don’t get me wrong, this is not a diss on any of these schools or players or people affiliated with them.  I’m just wondering when there’s supposed to be a ruling on this crap so that teams like Miami won’t have give up chances to play in important games.  If it were me, I’d want to go ahead and serve my punishment now so I can more quickly get back to business.

Don’t know if you’ve heard or not but the NCAA accepted South Carolina’s self imposed penalties for the Whitney (and Damiere Byrd’s aid from an alumni). The others on the list ‘should’ be getting penalties but I wouldn’t hold my breath in the case of UNC.

Signature 

“you are what your record says you are” Bill Parcells

Posted: 08 January 2013 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2650
Joined  2011-02-04

I’m pretty sure UNC and Ohio State are in the middle of serving their punishments. Some of these are “self imposed”, but rest assured the NCAA would have imposed it if they did not. I think both of these schools also have scholarship losses.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 09 January 2013 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4779
Joined  2008-10-29
legalfee - 08 January 2013 07:39 PM
Tickle_It - 08 January 2013 03:18 PM

-Auburn for Scam Newton

Don’t know if you’ve heard or not but the NCAA accepted South Carolina’s self imposed penalties for the Whitney (and Damiere Byrd’s aid from an alumni). The others on the list ‘should’ be getting penalties but I wouldn’t hold my breath in the case of UNC.

Are you kidding me? What planet do you live on? Bowl ban which cost us a chance at the ACC championship, probation and scholarship reduction.

Holding breath would be necessary for South Carolina to ever face anything for anything. You suck for your entire existence but now you are all of the sudden really good. MMMMMMMM…I guess it is just good coaching. What a joke!!!

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 09 January 2013 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-05-17

Damn, go Pines. 

I wasn’t trying to start any feuding, it was a serious question.  I guess fiercey is correct in that the NCAA’s just letting these fat cats collect their last checks before they get booted out.  That or they’re giving them ample time to burn any records they may have.

Signature 

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 09 January 2013 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1088
Joined  2012-05-08

i think scar is going to lose a couple more scholarships and might have a bowl ban

Signature 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUkxIDlCAAMr7Vq.jpg

Posted: 09 January 2013 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3297
Joined  2008-10-29

UNC has lost scholarships for 3 years, is on probation for 4 years, took a bowl ban and lost the ACCCG slot, and has had to pay a fine. Add to that the coaching staff, AD, and chancellor are al on their way out or are already gone. UNC opened up more than any school in the history of an NCAA investigation. For that they’ve been dragged over coals by local and national media. It’s laughable that the investigation by a former governor and auditing firm with a former NCAA investigator found no new violations, and they’ve all been called liars.

Miami has banned itself from bowls for 2 years going. It is amazing to me how they closed Penn St. OSU, and Auburn’s cases so quickly. Oregon’s situation will not bring severe punishment, I think. Otherwise, the coach would have left when he had the chance. I think schools kind of see the writing on the wall with these things.

Signature 

I’m quite lucky. I have a lovely wife, two great kids and an ever improving golf game.

Posted: 09 January 2013 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4779
Joined  2008-10-29
Tickle_It - 09 January 2013 10:18 AM

Damn, go Pines. 

I wasn’t trying to start any feuding, it was a serious question.  I guess fiercey is correct in that the NCAA’s just letting these fat cats collect their last checks before they get booted out.  That or they’re giving them ample time to burn any records they may have.

Not trying to take a cheap shot…I just don’t like cracks at my school so I provide a response. Carolina has payed a major price. NCState fans just want revenge for the personal fouls saga of the 1980s. That is all it is about anymore…and the only reason it is still in the news.

Quite frankly I cant believe anyone thought that the NCAA had not ruled…

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 09 January 2013 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-05-17

I knew they had ruled on the agents thing, but I don’t think anything was ruled on the Afro-American classes were there?

Side note, didn’t the UNC mess come up AFTER the Miamia saga?

Signature 

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 09 January 2013 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2012-06-16

Don’t forget the dreaded “public reprimand” that Swofford issued to his alma mater.  That was vicious.

I think Miami and Oregon are the only two that haven’t been resolved.  The penalties that OSU and UNC received I don’t have a problem with.  They deserve it.  But USCjr’s penalty was an absolute joke considering the violations were arguably more serious.  Oh yeah, they ‘cooperated’.  If a bank robber brings the money back, he still goes to federal prison.

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 09 January 2013 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-05-17

What about Auburn though, no one ever talked about it after the 2010 season was over.  There was a little chatter in the off season, but it was hushed pretty quickly.  Are we waiting for Cam Newton to fail in the NFL before we tarnish what he did in college football like they did for Reggie Bush?

Signature 

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 09 January 2013 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2012-06-16

Auburn was cleared in the fall
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/13/sports/ncaafootball/auburn-is-cleared-in-investigation-into-cam-newtons-recruitment.html?_r=0

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

‹‹ Florida...     Weird Alabama question ››