What is your opinion of the final polls?
Posted: 08 January 2013 10:54 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-01-04

I am surprised to see ND so high after the tail cutting they got. I felt they got exposed as over rated. But the pollsters see it otherwise.
  I also believe Clemson earned a top ten in both polls.

Thoughts?

BTW: First post since joining. Met a couple of you on ESPN.  I see DaboGirl got here too.

Signature 

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Posted: 08 January 2013 11:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2720
Joined  2011-02-04

Not sure what the final polls look like, I’m sure I’d disagree with it anyway. Welcome to the site, we hope to make the offseason blues more bearable.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 09 January 2013 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1090
Joined  2012-05-08
hwb120240 - 08 January 2013 10:54 PM

BTW: First post since joining. Met a couple of you on ESPN.  I see DaboGirl got here too.

Welcome!
I can honestly say the final polls are largely laughable to me, but none of it suprises me.

Signature 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUkxIDlCAAMr7Vq.jpg

Posted: 09 January 2013 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1240
Joined  2011-07-22

I actually think that Florida dropped a little too far. I know many people don’t think Florida was that good this year, but they won four games against teams that finished in the top 10. If you are going off of resume, the Gators should definitely be higher than where they finished.

Signature 

Be sure to give me a follow on Twitter: @UrbanWhiteGuy

Posted: 09 January 2013 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  502
Joined  2009-07-04

If they had the playoff system this year, TA&M would likely be the NC. UF got them early and not sure anyone could stop them by the end of the year.

Polls are always very subjective and hence, I don’t put too much emphasis on a spot or two. I do think OK and USC got higher rankings than I would have put them. Would have dropped both a few spots. As a Clemson fan, I really don’t see us as a Top Ten team as until we beat LSU, our best win was Ball State. I would put us about 12-14.

Overall though, I think they are reasonable.

Posted: 09 January 2013 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2008-10-29
Orange&Purple; - 09 January 2013 03:16 PM

If they had the playoff system this year, TA&M would likely be the NC. UF got them early and not sure anyone could stop them by the end of the year.

Polls are always very subjective and hence, I don’t put too much emphasis on a spot or two. I do think OK and USC got higher rankings than I would have put them. Would have dropped both a few spots. As a Clemson fan, I really don’t see us as a Top Ten team as until we beat LSU, our best win was Ball State. I would put us about 12-14.

Overall though, I think they are reasonable.

Agree about TA&M. They finished the year as the best team in college football IMO.

Signature 

2010 National Champions

Posted: 09 January 2013 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2611
Joined  2008-10-30

FSU finished #8 and #10 after a preseason #7 ranking and people want us to feel like we underachieved and should be disappointed in the season. 

12-2 (8-1), top 10, ACC Champs, Orange Bowl Champs (first BSC win since 2000), Beat Miami a 3rd straight season, still 2 of 3 vs. FU since Jimbo took over, 5 straight bowl wins, tied for most wins in a season in FSU history….

Nah. I’m good!

Honestly don’t care about the rest of the rankings since the season is over. On to recruiting.

Signature 

2012 ACC Football Champions
2012 Orange Bowl Champions
2013 Florida state Champions
2013 ACC Football Champions
2013 NCAA National Champions

“This is our time, it ain’t their time!”
-Jimbo

Posted: 11 January 2013 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29
93N99 - 09 January 2013 07:08 PM

FSU finished #8 and #10 after a preseason #7 ranking and people want us to feel like we underachieved and should be disappointed in the season. 

12-2 (8-1), top 10, ACC Champs, Orange Bowl Champs (first BSC win since 2000), Beat Miami a 3rd straight season, still 2 of 3 vs. FU since Jimbo took over, 5 straight bowl wins, tied for most wins in a season in FSU history….

Nah. I’m good!

Honestly don’t care about the rest of the rankings since the season is over. On to recruiting.

Overall a good year sure, but I find it hard to believe that most FSU fans would be thrilled with this season. You played your 2 ranked opponents at home and beat one of them. Very disappointing loss to NC state. Then you were given one of the worst BCS bowl matchups in recent history. I know you guys couldn’t help who you were given, it sucks that anybody had to play NIU.

I just remember looking at your schedule preseason and thinking you guys had the best shot in the country at reaching the NC.

I’m not knocking FSU, but I do feel they underachieved a little bit. Given your schedule, hype, momentum coming into the year. Would you have honestly taken 12-2 if it was an option at the beginning of the year? Or said nahhh, I’ll roll the dice because I think we’re better than that.

Before anybody feels the need to mention it, I know Auburn was terrible and our season was the trainwreck of all trainwrecks.

Signature 

2010 National Champions

Posted: 11 January 2013 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

As for the polls, I also thought ND should’ve fallen below UGA and T A&M. I bet Vegas would have A&M as a 9 or 10 pt favorite.

Signature 

2010 National Champions

Posted: 11 January 2013 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1090
Joined  2012-05-08

ND doesnt deserve to be in the top 5, and a pretty good argument could put them out of the top 10

Signature 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUkxIDlCAAMr7Vq.jpg

Posted: 11 January 2013 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2611
Joined  2008-10-30
JWeb - 11 January 2013 03:22 PM
93N99 - 09 January 2013 07:08 PM

Nah. I’m good!

Overall a good year sure, but I find it hard to believe that most FSU fans would be thrilled with this season. You played your 2 ranked opponents at home and beat one of them. Very disappointing loss to NC state. Then you were given one of the worst BCS bowl matchups in recent history. I know you guys couldn’t help who you were given, it sucks that anybody had to play NIU.

I just remember looking at your schedule preseason and thinking you guys had the best shot in the country at reaching the NC.

I’m not knocking FSU, but I do feel they underachieved a little bit. Given your schedule, hype, momentum coming into the year. Would you have honestly taken 12-2 if it was an option at the beginning of the year? Or said nahhh, I’ll roll the dice because I think we’re better than that.

Before anybody feels the need to mention it, I know Auburn was terrible and our season was the trainwreck of all trainwrecks.

As I said, I’m good with “12-2 (8-1), top 10, ACC Champs, Orange Bowl Champs (first BSC win since 2000), Beat Miami a 3rd straight season, still 2 of 3 vs. FU since Jimbo took over, 5 straight bowl wins, tied for most wins in a season in FSU history….”.

Yeah, 13-0 would have been better but we still probably don’t even make the MNC game with that record. With that most likely being the case, our BSC matchup would have been the same, we would finish 14-0, and we would still have people trying to convince us that it was a wasted year.

Preseason polls had Arkansas at #10, WVU at #11, and Auburn at #25.. Those 3 combined for 14 wins. Who had the disappointing season again?

Signature 

2012 ACC Football Champions
2012 Orange Bowl Champions
2013 Florida state Champions
2013 ACC Football Champions
2013 NCAA National Champions

“This is our time, it ain’t their time!”
-Jimbo