1 of 2
Tajh Boyd Draft Decision Coming Wednesday
Posted: 08 January 2013 11:15 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2011-04-22

The Clemson QB just tweeted he will have a decision by tomorrow afternoon. Don’t have a good read on this one. Hope for the sake of college football as a whole that he comes back.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 09 January 2013 12:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2007
Joined  2009-09-09

I think having a big media event, getting the fans all worked up and then telling us he is leaving would be a little insensitive….....If he is leaving, a simple tweet would suffice and we would wish him well…...

I would hope he is the type of guy that turns this into an early 2013 season pep rally getting us jacked for next year…....

But we don’t need a presser for him to explain why he is leaving for the NFL….we all pretty much get those reasons.

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 09 January 2013 12:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5943
Joined  2008-10-29

No one really does.  I think the general consensus around Clemson folks are we are already 100% prepared to see Nuk leave, but would be a bit surprised if Boyd left.  For Clemson’s sake I hope we get both another year.

We’ve had pretty good success keeping players 4 years.  Had a few here and there jump early but Spiller, Davis, AE, etc all stayed for their final year.

Signature 

2014 BCS Orange Bowl Champions
Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

“First team from the state of South Carolina to win a BCS bowl” - Dabo Swinney

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 09 January 2013 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1098
Joined  2012-05-08
Clemtgrs - 09 January 2013 12:17 AM

We’ve had pretty good success keeping players 4 years.  Had a few here and there jump early but Spiller, Davis, AE, etc all stayed for their final year.

to me this is what the difference between a good coach and a good COLLEGE coach, send these guys to the nfl with a degree so worst case scenario they have something to fall back on

Signature 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUkxIDlCAAMr7Vq.jpg

Posted: 09 January 2013 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  954
Joined  2012-05-17
CU_Tigers4life - 09 January 2013 12:11 AM

I think having a big media event, getting the fans all worked up and then telling us he is leaving would be a little insensitive….....If he is leaving, a simple tweet would suffice and we would wish him well…...

I would hope he is the type of guy that turns this into an early 2013 season pep rally getting us jacked for next year…....

But we don’t need a presser for him to explain why he is leaving for the NFL….we all pretty much get those reasons.

After the Lebron James episode, anyone holding a media event to announce a bad decision is not surprising.  Not saying that Tajh is as immature/selfish as Lebron, but I’m just saying anything can happen.

As someone else posted on here earlier, we are now witnessing the generation me era of players/young folks (can’t believe I’m saying that when I’m not even over the age of 30 yet).

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 09 January 2013 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1240
Joined  2011-07-22

He definitely needs another year in college, in my opinion. I expect he will announce that he is returning.

Signature 

Be sure to give me a follow on Twitter: @UrbanWhiteGuy

Posted: 09 January 2013 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2013-01-04

I was really distraught about this. However, my co-worker’s dad is the asst. def coordinator for Navy (ie: she gets a lot of inside scoop on the ins and outs of the coaches, players and procedures) and I was talking to her about Taj and how I don’t understand why he would make a formal announcement just to say he’s staying. She informed me that it is mandatory or at least greatly encouraged for any players that are draft picks, to make a formal announcement either way. That makes me feel a little better. Because Tajh has not been overly vocal or attention seeking over the years. I could be telling you all something y’all already knew, but it was news to me, so just passing it along. Fingers crossed!

Signature 

Girls who love football are not weird. They’re a rare gift from God. Those girls get bigger diamonds.

Posted: 09 January 2013 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2011-04-22

For Matt Barkley last year, USC had the song girls, the band, and everything when he announced he was coming back. I wouldn’t read too much into the whole press conference thing, and if anything I’d think it would favor him returning. I think he’ll end up staying, but that’s not based on the logistics of how he’s announcing.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 09 January 2013 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-01-04

HE’S STAYING!!!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

Signature 

Girls who love football are not weird. They’re a rare gift from God. Those girls get bigger diamonds.

Posted: 09 January 2013 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  391
Joined  2012-07-10

Tajh staying is a game changer for next year.  We have all the components going into 2013 to exceed this years great finish.  Obviously we all have UGA circled and we just need everyone to stay healthy, in shape and out of trouble both personally and academically and look out!

Signature 

Posted: 09 January 2013 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

By far our biggest recruit of this class.  Go Tigers!  Lets make a run for all the marbles this season!!

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 09 January 2013 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-01-04

Shaq Lawson qualified and is in Clemson..here comes a beast!!

Signature 

Posted: 09 January 2013 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

I’m really really excited about next year….

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 09 January 2013 05:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1098
Joined  2012-05-08

Go Tigers?
yep, Go Tigers!

Boyd for Heisman? Yep, lets get the vote fixing started now

Signature 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUkxIDlCAAMr7Vq.jpg

Posted: 09 January 2013 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2007
Joined  2009-09-09

Whew…..2013 has the makings of a very special season.  We have all of the elements we need to make an honest to goodness National Title Run…..

Needless to say that the UGA game is the biggest game in decades because they should be a top 10 team, bitter rivalry, their QB returning…..

Whew…....that is all I can say right now.

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 09 January 2013 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Well, at least UGA is early in the year…...if you are going to lose the first game would not be a bad choice.  I think we have a dang good shot though on paper.  We’ll see how spring and summer go.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

1 of 2