Ranking the SEC’s Seven Straight Champions
Posted: 10 January 2013 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1240
Joined  2011-07-22

Matt Smith did a tremendous job of ranking each of the SEC’s last seven BCS national champions. What are your thoughts on the list? Did he get it right?

http://www.southernpigskin.com/SEC/view/ranking-the-secs-seven-straight-champions

Signature 

Be sure to give me a follow on Twitter: @UrbanWhiteGuy

Posted: 10 January 2013 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1873
Joined  2009-09-09

Making this way too complicated….It is not about the SEC as much as ranking 3 people….....

1.  Nick Saban
2.  Urban Meyer
3.  Cam Newton

Everything else about the SEC is coat-tails, table scraps, etc…....

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 10 January 2013 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3214
Joined  2010-12-23

Les Miles is a good coach… One thing all those guys have in common is they coached/played in the SEC… The SEC can lure those type of guys… The SEC will reign supreme until other conferences can do that.

Signature 

>>>─────;;;─►

While YOU ride the bench.. Catch us swingin’ for the fence.

Posted: 11 January 2013 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  158
Joined  2012-11-28

I don’t think there is any doubt that the 2011 Alabama team was the most dominant. Best defense in college football history.