1 of 2
@Nukdabomb
Posted: 10 January 2013 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3227
Joined  2010-12-23

Taking his talents to the next level… Dude is a stud.

Signature 

>>>─────;;;─►

While YOU ride the bench.. Catch us swingin’ for the fence.

Posted: 10 January 2013 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  464
Joined  2009-07-04

great route runner, unbelieveable hands, average strength, good YAC, not blazing speed but adequate.

Should have a productive NFL; teammates love him and he shows up in big games.

Posted: 10 January 2013 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5427
Joined  2008-10-29

I knew it was coming but it’s still painful and I really wish he stayed.  I understand why and like I said knew it was coming but next season could of been extra special with him.

Signature 

2014 BCS Orange Bowl Champions
Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

“First team from the state of South Carolina to win a BCS bowl” - Dabo Swinney

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 10 January 2013 08:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  464
Joined  2009-07-04

I hear ya Clem but IF it is the right decision for the player, I wholeheartedly support it. Not sure what else he could prove with another year and he will likely go 2nd round but even in round 3, that’s a pretty good position/paycheck. I honestly didn’t think Boyd was ready and feel like HE will benefit from another year; Nuk is as ready as he will be.

Posted: 10 January 2013 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2611
Joined  2008-10-30

Sammy Watkins staying healthy next year just became crucial.

Signature 

2012 ACC Football Champions
2012 Orange Bowl Champions
2013 Florida state Champions
2013 ACC Football Champions
2013 NCAA National Champions

“This is our time, it ain’t their time!”
-Jimbo

Posted: 11 January 2013 01:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3227
Joined  2010-12-23
Clemtgrs - 10 January 2013 07:58 PM

I knew it was coming but it’s still painful and I really wish he stayed.  I understand why and like I said knew it was coming but next season could of been extra special with him.

It will be extra special… When he enters his first training camp and starts his dream job.

Signature 

>>>─────;;;─►

While YOU ride the bench.. Catch us swingin’ for the fence.

Posted: 11 January 2013 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2152
Joined  2009-01-07

I think he made the right decision. Clemson will miss him but good for him!

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 11 January 2013 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2012-06-16

if Nuk goes anywhere outside the first two rounds, he’ll be considered the steal of the draft by the end of next year.  Well, as long as he doesn’t end up in some NFL wasteland like Buffalo, KC or Jax.  He’s too fundamentally sound and too hard a worker not to succeed at the next level.  Good luck, Nuuuuuk!

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 11 January 2013 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1873
Joined  2009-09-09

One thing that I really wished could happen is that if a player goes into the draft and is not selected as high as he wants/expects then I think they should be able to return back to college if they have not signed with an agent or taken money….

If I am not mistaken, this is the way it is done in college baseball. I think they can re-enter the draft and remain…

We would have had Da’Quan Bowers probably come back as just one example from Clemson…..

It may work against a school too….Tajh for example might be a high second or low 1st rounder…

Thoughts?

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 11 January 2013 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-06-16

I think that would open up a giant can of worms.  With baseball, there’s about 50 rounds in their draft and almost never does a player go straight to the league and nobody expects them to anyway.  NFL teams are drafting for their needs for that year.  It’s expected that the first few rounds of players contribute immediately.  If there’s no consequences, why wouldn’t nearly every eligible player declare?  You would end up with lots of wasted picks, teams would lean toward players with no remaining eligibility and screw the Juniors who have definitely decided to leave regardless of where they’re picked.

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 11 January 2013 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
Slappy - 11 January 2013 12:14 PM

I think that would open up a giant can of worms.  With baseball, there’s about 50 rounds in their draft and almost never does a player go straight to the league and nobody expects them to anyway.  NFL teams are drafting for their needs for that year.  It’s expected that the first few rounds of players contribute immediately.  If there’s no consequences, why wouldn’t nearly every eligible player declare?  You would end up with lots of wasted picks, teams would lean toward players with no remaining eligibility and screw the Juniors who have definitely decided to leave regardless of where they’re picked.

Well…..................It sounded good in my head until I received that rather blunt clubbing….LOL

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 11 January 2013 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1240
Joined  2011-07-22

I’m sure I’m in the minority here, but I see Hopkins having a better NFL career than Watkins. I just think he has everything you would want in an NFL receiver.

Signature 

Be sure to give me a follow on Twitter: @UrbanWhiteGuy

Posted: 11 January 2013 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2152
Joined  2009-01-07
Matt O - 11 January 2013 12:54 PM

I’m sure I’m in the minority here, but I see Hopkins having a better NFL career than Watkins. I just think he has everything you would want in an NFL receiver.

You may be right, but I’m curious what you think Watkins is missing.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 11 January 2013 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
Matt O - 11 January 2013 12:54 PM

That wouldn’t surprise me….I could see him being a Marvin Harrison type of receiver very easily

Signature 

Posted: 11 January 2013 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1088
Joined  2012-05-08

If there’s no consequences, why wouldn’t nearly every eligible player declare?

You change the rules to say that you cant declare until your 8th semester of full time erollment in college

Signature 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUkxIDlCAAMr7Vq.jpg

Posted: 11 January 2013 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-06-16
GoTigers712 - 11 January 2013 03:42 PM

If there’s no consequences, why wouldn’t nearly every eligible player declare?

You change the rules to say that you cant declare until your 8th semester of full time erollment in college

That would cut down the numbers a little bit, but the problem remains that NFL draft picks are precious and to waste even one is a bad thing for teams.  The only thing that I could think of that would make a difference would be to make a rule that the Juniors who do declare agree to forfeit eligibility if picked within the first four rounds, so the NFL teams would know the risks for the later rounds.  I could see a situation in which a player picked in the 2nd or 3rd by a garbage team would come back to school just to not get stuck in, say, Jacksonville

Signature 

1 of 2