ACC Home/Away Pairings Announced Today
Posted: 11 January 2013 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  515
Joined  2011-04-22

11 AM ET. Won’t get a full schedule apparently, but will know each team’s 4 home games and 4 away games.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 11 January 2013 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  515
Joined  2011-04-22

Full article should be up shortly. Couple highlights:

*Georgia Tech goes back to Clemson again. This should solve the long-standing problem for the Jackets of playing Georgia/VT/Clemson/UNC either all home or all away in the same year. The league set it up so that all permanent crossover games are at Atlantic teams and all rotationg crossover games are at Coastal teams.

*Rotating non-division games are BC at UNC, Clemson at UVA, FSU at Pitt, Maryland at VT, N.C. State at Duke, Syracuse at Georgia Tech and Wake Forest at Miami. All permanent crossover games remained the same.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 11 January 2013 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1240
Joined  2011-07-22

Here is Matt’s article, which includes the full schedule: http://www.southernpigskin.com/ACC/view/acc-announces-2013-conference-schedule

Signature 

Be sure to give me a follow on Twitter: @UrbanWhiteGuy

Posted: 11 January 2013 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3006
Joined  2011-02-04

I was really hoping for some division realignment along with tweeking the schedule. It’s now very apparent that division realignment is not going to happen until Notre Dame joins as full members (when hell freezes over).

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 13 January 2013 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  443
Joined  2012-07-10

I sure like playing GT back to back in the Valley.  Hopefully this will be CPJ’s last year with that offense.

I think Maryland should play every ACC game on the road for leaving the ACC but I’ll settle for every ACC team that has the chance to run up the score on them and send them to the B1G as beaten down as possible.

With the additional of 2 teams, we now only get 2 crossover divisional game with one of those being a primary crossover that we play every year.  I really would like to remove that and play other divisional games.  I want Miami on our schedule more but I guess it is just not meant to be.

Signature 

Posted: 13 January 2013 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  443
Joined  2012-07-10
Garrett_TD23 - 11 January 2013 05:08 PM

I was really hoping for some division realignment along with tweeking the schedule. It’s now very apparent that division realignment is not going to happen until Notre Dame joins as full members (when hell freezes over).

I think once Louisville joins and Maryland leaves that could happen.  I hope so.

Signature 

Posted: 13 January 2013 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5271
Joined  2008-10-29
_ClemScott_ - 13 January 2013 09:37 AM

I think Maryland should play every ACC game on the road for leaving the ACC but I’ll settle for every ACC team that has the chance to run up the score on them and send them to the B1G as beaten down as possible.

Haha! This…

Talked to a Maryland guy the other day. He was pretty down about the move. I felt bad for him because there is nothing he can do about it. He most definitely is not looking forward to those classic Maryland/Iowa games coming up! smile

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 15 January 2013 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3319
Joined  2008-10-29

I’m thinking seriously about going to UNC’s road games this year. Columbia, Atlanta, Blacksburg, Raleigh, and maybe even Pittsburgh. It would be cool to see Heinz field, and I could probably fly pretty cheap on Southwest. The others I can drive to within reason. UNC’s home schedule isn’t anything to write home about next year. All of those road games, though will probably be entertaining at least.

Signature 

I’m quite lucky. I have a lovely wife, two great kids and an ever improving golf game.

Posted: 17 January 2013 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  78
Joined  2013-01-17

Not thrilled about having to play at Clemson again, but I guess it is what it is. Hopefully our defense will fare a little better in 2013, although I doubt it.

Posted: 18 January 2013 04:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2009-02-15

Can’t be worse than Groh and we return 8 starters plus Holton. 

Like you said about Clemson, but we had to offset our schedule since the league screwed us so bad when VT joined.

Signature 

17 28 52 90

Posted: 18 January 2013 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  296
Joined  2012-07-10

We have to go to VT again, but I suppose I shouldn’t complain being that we dropped an away game at Clemson in favor of a home date with NC State. I know a lot of people are thinking Duke won’t be as talented this season, but there is no question that the schedule is easier.

Signature 

WE’RE GOING BOWLING!!!!!!