1 of 6
4 Teams that Have the Best Shot At Running The Table in 2013
Posted: 15 January 2013 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2037
Joined  2009-09-09

I predict that in the final year of the BCS ERA, NO SEC Will be in the final game.  Although Alabama will be there and a few other schools, I don’t see any one team running the table. 

What I see is at least 4 teams from around the nation having a shot at going undefeated.  If at least 2 of them run the table, The SEC will be locked out with one loss.

Here are my 4 teams:

Oregon:  You have to put them in the hunt every year.  Stanford will probably be their toughest game but I think they can do it.

Notre Dame:  They ran the table this year and play about the same schedule with the Irish getting better.

Ohio State:  The B1G is down which help the Buckeyes.  Hard to repeat, but they have the coach and the motivation.

Clemson:  Yep. My beloved Tigers.  2013 was supposed to be our year and with Tajh Boyd coming back it could be a special year.  If we get by UGA, we will be in very good shape.  We have to play 2 FCS schools this year because the ACC jerked the league around with the 9 team league schedule then dropping it back to 8 games.  FSU won’t be as good this year and we have them in the valley.  SCAR will be the game we have to figure out how to win. 

That is my early candidates…...

Signature 

“If I get Manziel disease, I want every one of you all to get your mikes and start slapping me on the head”

Jameis Winston: 2013

Posted: 15 January 2013 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6103
Joined  2008-10-29

I agree and disagree.  Ohio State lost a lot on defense (literally the entire Dline) can’t see them doing it again this year, and I don’t see ND being back up there.  Heres mine (in no order):

-Oregon
-Clemson - Below
-Alabama - CAKE schedule this coming year
Struggling with a #4, I want to say Stanford but they play Oregon and would most likely knock one or the other out of it.

I’ve been saying 2013 is poised to be very special for Clemson.  We have a schedule this year that will easily carry us to a national championship should we conquer it, UGA, FSU, and South Carolina.  We also have tons of talent and our defense will take steps forward like they did in the bowl.  If we can play defense like the bowl game, theres no reason we shouldn’t go all the way.  I agree, South Carolina will be the speed bump that we will need to find a way over.  I’m confident in the rest of the schedule at this point.

Signature 

FIRE CHAD MORRIS, SHOTGUN EXTRAORDINAIRE!!!!!!!!!!  At least fire SOMEBODY!!

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 15 January 2013 09:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  543
Joined  2009-07-04

I like Oregon but think TA&M has a favorable enough schedule to run the table. I’m hoping but would never bet on Clemson as we need to win the opener and FSU but don’t see us beating the Dirt Peckers in Cootlumbia. I think we have a shot at it but not comfortable enough to step out that much.

I was going with Ole Mi$$ but then I remembered that crime doesn’t pay.

Posted: 15 January 2013 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

A&M lost their top WR, some Oline power, and their OC…..wouldn’t hype them up until I see it.

Signature 

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 15 January 2013 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2842
Joined  2011-02-04

Boise State

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 15 January 2013 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29
Garrett_TD23 - 15 January 2013 10:00 PM

Boise State

Please tell me thats a joke lol.

Signature 

Posted: 16 January 2013 01:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  296
Joined  2012-07-10

I’m really liking Oregon for next year. I think 2013 might finally be their year for a national title.

Signature 

WE’RE GOING BOWLING!!!!!!

Posted: 16 January 2013 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2011-10-15

I actually agree with you on Clemson. I certainly will root for but wont be picking my Noles to win up there. Getting Taj Boyd back was huge. He was the best QB in the conference last year and will be even better I assume next year. However, I didnt know you play at SC. Not sure about that one. Thats a long way away and if you go there undefeated, it might not turn out good.

Posted: 16 January 2013 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
NoleTideNole - 16 January 2013 10:05 AM

I actually agree with you on Clemson. I certainly will root for but wont be picking my Noles to win up there. Getting Taj Boyd back was huge. He was the best QB in the conference last year and will be even better I assume next year. However, I didnt know you play at SC. Not sure about that one. Thats a long way away and if you go there undefeated, it might not turn out good.

SCAR is a real issue we have to work through…..Every team can be beaten if you have enough talent and wise coaching.  Clemson played an entirely different game against LSU than they did SCAR and it worked.  Tajh was used as a Fullback and QB.  He was involved in something like 79 of the 101 offensive plays either running or throwing…..That allowed our hurry up offense to work it’s mojo against LSU’s defense…..

With all of that said, we don’t even need to be thinking about the last game because the first game is pretty darn big and if we are to make a NC run, it’s starts with UGA.

Signature 

“If I get Manziel disease, I want every one of you all to get your mikes and start slapping me on the head”

Posted: 16 January 2013 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  496
Joined  2011-04-22

Would have Louisville and Boise State 1 and 2 here. As far as the big boys, I think y’all have mentioned the prime candidates.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 16 January 2013 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2013-01-04

I agree with the majority of responses.I think if we can pull of GA, we can go all the way. Then again, I don’t want to get ahead of myself. GA usually starts slow, so even if we do pull the W, we shouldn’t get too full of ourselves because FSU & USCjr will give us a fight. Actually I’m not too concerned about FSU in Death Valley, but I am very concerned about playing the C00ts in Columbia. That being said, I think it’s def a possibility and agree that this could be the first of many years the the $EC doesn’t dominate…despite their money and conspiring.

Signature 

Girls who love football are not weird. They’re a rare gift from God. Those girls get bigger diamonds.

Posted: 16 January 2013 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2618
Joined  2008-10-30
DaboGirl83 - 16 January 2013 10:28 AM

Actually I’m not too concerned about FSU in Death Valley….

lol.

My top 3 for running the table are Oregon, Texas A&M, and Ohio State. Clemson, unfortunately for their fans, won’t be running anything in 2013.

Signature 

2012 ACC Football Champions
2012 Orange Bowl Champions
2013 Florida state Champions
2013 ACC Football Champions
2013 NCAA National Champions

“This is our time, it ain’t their time!”
-Jimbo

Posted: 16 January 2013 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  627
Joined  2010-09-06
93N99 - 16 January 2013 10:45 AM
DaboGirl83 - 16 January 2013 10:28 AM

Actually I’m not too concerned about FSU in Death Valley….

lol.

My top 3 for running the table are Oregon, Texas A&M, and Ohio State. Clemson, unfortunately for their fans, won’t be running anything in 2013.

Boyd will be running from Clowney LOL!!!

Signature 

“you are what your record says you are” Bill Parcells

Posted: 16 January 2013 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-01-04

How do I delete a post? And why when I quote someone, do I have to quote the whole thing? Ugh…I repel technology.

Signature 

Girls who love football are not weird. They’re a rare gift from God. Those girls get bigger diamonds.

Posted: 16 January 2013 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-01-04

Damn right he will. Straight to the endzone. We’ll put Clowney down this year. Just like we did Mingo. Just needed to make some adjustments. We’ve got your number now. We’re not scurred of the thumb!

Signature 

Posted: 16 January 2013 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
DaboGirl83 - 16 January 2013 11:00 AM

How do I delete a post? And why when I quote someone, do I have to quote the whole thing? Ugh…I repel technology.

You can go back an edit a post….just pull up your individual comment and click on the edit button…It is not exactly deleting, but you can clean it up

Signature 

1 of 6

‹‹ Role Models     NFL.com mock draft ››