1 of 3
Manti Te’o is a lying dbag
Posted: 16 January 2013 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5546
Joined  2008-10-29

I hope he goes undrafted and has a dismal career if true.
http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax

Signature 

2014 BCS Orange Bowl Champions
Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

“First team from the state of South Carolina to win a BCS bowl” - Dabo Swinney

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 16 January 2013 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3361
Joined  2010-12-23

What the…!?!?!? I don’t even know how to feel about this.

Signature 

>>>─────;;;─►

While YOU ride the bench.. Catch us swingin’ for the fence.

Posted: 16 January 2013 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2611
Joined  2008-10-30

Weird stuff.

Signature 

2012 ACC Football Champions
2012 Orange Bowl Champions
2013 Florida state Champions
2013 ACC Football Champions
2013 NCAA National Champions

“This is our time, it ain’t their time!”
-Jimbo

Posted: 16 January 2013 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2718
Joined  2011-02-04

I liked the comment “Finally, a reason to hate Notre Dame!”

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 16 January 2013 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Reading the ND boards, found this:

Notre Dame Statement: Manti Te’o

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Dennis Brown
University Spokesman | Assistant Vice President

Yet reading the article it shows how Te’o knows the person most think is behind it….so….how did he not know?

This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her. To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone’s sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating. It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother’s death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life. I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been. In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was. Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I’m looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft.

Sounds like backtracking and more coverup to me.  After reading the article, deadspin did its homework…..they wouldn’t publish something that in depth and detailed otherwise IMO.  ND and Te’o are trying to do damage control.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 16 January 2013 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1925
Joined  2009-09-09

I find it extremely hard to be that MT wasn’t “IN” on this.  This “Girlfriend” was never represented to the public as a internet relationship, which MT is now claiming…....

This one really stinks!

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 16 January 2013 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Oh how ironic it would have been if Te’o would of won the Heisman…...then those Heisman house commercials involving the fake Rudy would be even better.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 16 January 2013 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2008-10-29

He’s so in on it. Looking back at his interviews and the way he talked about her. Rough 9 day stretch for ND.. lol

Signature 

2010 National Champions

Posted: 16 January 2013 10:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 16 January 2013 10:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  427
Joined  2012-02-17

Strange.

Signature 

The artist formerly known as 4thNNole

Posted: 17 January 2013 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

http://outkickthecoverage.com/manti-teos-fake-dead-girlfriend-breaks-the-internet.php

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 17 January 2013 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2012-06-16

This was the one idea that I kept coming back to when trying to think of his possible motives.  The star LB at ND does not need to drum up publicity.  The article Clem linked says it pretty well so I’ll C&P below.

Is Te’o Gay?

This is actually the only story that makes any sense at all. And even if it’s true, Te’o will probably deny it because, unfortunately, football players aren’t exactly the most welcoming of homosexuality. 

Otherwise, how are you the star player on a football crazy campus and having an online-only relationship with a woman you’ve never met? Even Tim Tebow thinks is ridiculous. If you’re gay and girls are throwing themselves at you left and right but you continue to rebuff their advances, isn’t one of the easiest stories to tell your teammates about why you don’t hook up with any of these girls that you have a girlfriend?

Even if, you know, that girlfriend isn’t actually real.

Couldn’t being gay even make you more than willing to overlook the fact that your girlfriend didn’t want to meet with you? It might be that on some subconscious level Te’o welcomed the hoax because it kept him from having to explain why he didn’t have a girlfriend. Furthermore, given that Te’o is Mormon and attending a very religious school, wouldn’t being gay be unacceptable to pretty much everyone around him? Having an online girlfiend is an awfully convenient cover.

Again, this is just speculation and Te’o would probably deny it anyway, but it actually makes a ton more sense than any other wild theories being tossed out there, that Te’o used the online relationship as a cover for his hidden homosexuality. If this was true, I wish he’d just come out, I think most sports fans would welcome the revelation. (And some people are going to criticize me for writing about this, but it’s the elephant in the room here that everyone is talking about, so I’m going to write it. Nothing in this story makes sense. And Te’o's lies as well as Notre Dame’s cover-up of those lies, make everything fair game.)

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 17 January 2013 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

http://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/teoing-social-media-trend/170665

LOL Te’oing.

http://teoing.tumblr.com/

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 17 January 2013 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2012-06-16

Funny stuff.  “Now I lay me down to sleep.  I know my girl won’t make a peep”

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 17 January 2013 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

LOL that’s my favorite picture on that site so far.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 17 January 2013 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  376
Joined  2012-07-10

I may be having a bad week or something but I am just not as lathered up as I probably should be.

As a person in my mid 40’s, all I see is a talented kid who at worse screwed up.  I have to tell you that when I was this kid’s age I screwed up and over the last 25+ years I have made some fine mistakes and I wished lying about a dead girlfriend was my worst offense.

This will pass.  Once he gets drafted and hopefully performs well, this will be a historical footnote.

Signature 

1 of 3