Texas A&M number one…
Posted: 18 January 2013 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1079
Joined  2008-10-29

Also five SEC teams in top 8 from Dennis Dodd… http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/21558302/aggies-preseason-no-1-with-manziel-few-weaknesses-why-not

Posted: 18 January 2013 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6618
Joined  2008-10-29

Stupid IMO.  Texas A&M will be worse or even with last year, not looking for them to be better.  Few weaknesses?  A new OC could be seen as one.  New system possibly?  What about Johnny football’s ego and sophomore slump?  I wouldn’t put them #1.

Nothing about Florida showed me why they should be top 10 preseason.  The others I can live with, the order?  Ehh….

Signature 

FIRE ROBBIE CALDWELL!!!!!!!

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 18 January 2013 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1127
Joined  2013-01-17

Agree with Clemtgrs.

Also ND should be much lower, we can’t keep giving them credit for nothing.  There were embarrassed in the NCG and should have to work their way to the top with a tough schedule.  I still think Oregon should have been in the title game last year.  On that note I still think Oregon should be higher then Stanford.  I know Stanford won last year but Oregon had an off game and remained competitive.  Not that SC is bad but I still feel like they are like Florida, riding more on SEC hype then ability.  Bottom line, Bama is still the king until we start playing games and Oregon runs the show in the west.  Until we see game results I don’t want to see these over inflated SEC rankings.  I’m tired of it.

Signature 

And Stoudt throws another INT

Posted: 18 January 2013 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  598
Joined  2009-07-04

I like TA&M at #1; they were the best team in the country at the end of this year. Manzel is ridiculously good and Sumlin is an outstanding HC.

Does the SEC get every benefit of doubt there is - yes. ESPN is their biggest ally and that is not going to change. Of course, with the money the SEC makes, even Ole Mi$$ boosters won’t have to pay recruits to come play. As a Clemson guy, it doesn’t much matter ranking-wise as we open with UGA and close with USC so we have our destiny laid out in front of us.

I will be interested to see a very talent Oregon team play without Kelly running the offense. Stamford is very big, tough team that resembles Bama/LSU. I like Louisville to keep improving and TCU to be better than anticipated. I could see both those teams making a run if a few things fall in place. Something about Florida just doesn’t hit me as a national contender.

Posted: 18 January 2013 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3846
Joined  2010-12-23

Texas A&M isn’t all that.

Signature 

>>>─────;;;─►

“The same rowdy crowd that was here last night is back again.”

Posted: 18 January 2013 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2920
Joined  2011-02-04

Its as good of a choice as any.

How about Texas?

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 18 January 2013 08:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

I have to say, this is one of the first polls in a LONG time that doesn’t have USC anywhere close.

Signature 

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 18 January 2013 08:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  104
Joined  2009-02-15

Dennis Dodd should be on Bleacher Report.

Signature 

17 28 52 90

Posted: 20 January 2013 10:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2030
Joined  2008-11-01

Don’t many ppl think TAMU is going to have the #1 and #2 pick in the NFL Draft and they lose their OC. Doesn’t add up.

Posted: 20 January 2013 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29
dawgsday - 20 January 2013 10:10 PM

Don’t many ppl think TAMU is going to have the #1 and #2 pick in the NFL Draft and they lose their OC. Doesn’t add up.

Been trying to tell everyone, but oh no…..blinded by Johnny Football.

Signature 

Posted: 21 January 2013 12:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1127
Joined  2013-01-17

Plus the kid looks like he’s already walked the line for far to long with the cops.  I would almost be surprised if he didn’t get in trouble with the cops next year.

Signature 

And Stoudt throws another INT

Posted: 21 January 2013 08:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2168
Joined  2009-04-22

aTm only returns 10 starters from last year. This is last in the SEC in returning starters.

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2013/JAN13/DBJan21.html

Signature 

“There can be no glory without some pain!” - Nick Saban