Southern Slant on the Super Bowl
Posted: 21 January 2013 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2008-11-09

In total, 43 players from the ACC, SEC and SoCon will participate in the Super Bowl.

http://www.southernpigskin.com/SEC/view/southern-slant-on-the-super-bowl

Signature 

“Southern football is why my grandmother spent fall Saturday’s in orange capris, blue reebok classics and alligator jewelry and had a football card of Danny Wuerffel taped to her dresser. It’s the same reason why my mom can’t watch the fourth quarter, my dad won’t watch the first quarter and my uncle and his two sons have walked around Valdosta, Georgia with a little more pep in their step since December 7th, 2002.”

—B.J. Bennett, Down Here I

Posted: 21 January 2013 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5158
Joined  2008-10-29

Proof that the talent is there in the ACC. It has been coaching that has lacked for more than a decade. Hopefully recent changes have showed that is changing.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 21 January 2013 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1240
Joined  2011-07-22

Glad to see that so many of our guys are doing well in the NFL. It is nice to know that no matter how the game turns out, a handful of southern guys will be getting rings.

Signature 

Be sure to give me a follow on Twitter: @UrbanWhiteGuy